Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

100%.

However. Very early days, some talented modders showed FDev how to implement SRV racing circuits, with scoreboards, timeing gates et al. They were told to desist, and this fun idea has never seen the light of day again. Why?
Because if they okayed that bit of user created content …..

As do players and arguably future customers who see/sense an ailing/stalled product. \o/
I don't know about that... ED has contributors on this forum many years after they became disillusioned with the game - something I find strange, but my mindset may just be at odds with theirs.

As for future customers, if they don't buy for any reason, they are not customers, just something to scare shareholders with...

FD are 'restructuring' currently - the fact that their most expensive game to support is still playing is surprising, perhaps another bad business decision, if one is being brutally honest? (I'll assume the F1 / Warhammer franchise costs have already been dealt with by creative accounting)

Yesterday:

NMS announce a free patch reworking megaship interiors to general positivity
Elite announce the next free patch will have reworked megaship interiors and new megaships to negativity & complaints
Star Citizen puts out a new patch with no new megaships (they don't have any), and mostly broken functionality to cries of 'early days!'

All good :)

Yesterday:

NMS announce a free patch reworking megaship interiors to general positivity
Elite announce the next free patch will have reworked megaship interiors and new megaships to negativity & complaints
Star Citizen puts out a new patch with no new megaships (they don't have any), and mostly broken functionality to cries of 'early days!'

All good :)
The difference being that NMS and Star Citizen have released their patches, FDev is giving not much info about the next patch which isn’t coming, probably, for months.

I don't know about that... ED has contributors on this forum many years after they became disillusioned with the game - something I find strange, but my mindset may just be at odds with theirs.

As for future customers, if they don't buy for any reason, they are not customers, just something to scare shareholders with...

FD are 'restructuring' currently - the fact that their most expensive game to support is still playing is surprising, perhaps another bad business decision, if one is being brutally honest? (I'll assume the F1 / Warhammer franchise costs have already been dealt with by creative accounting)
I've long stopped playing ED, but still loiter on the forum, albeit more in this part of it these days.

I hope FDev can keep ED profitable and supported, I particularly want flora and fauna diverse planets to land on... and race aound on my SRV....... 🙃

There's been multi updates to fix a few bugs about 1 each day, pushed out to consoles but how Hello games do this is strange to me because other developers keep reporting that it takes sony another weeks to agree a hot fix patch for them.

They did fix the Negative value bug on buying items bug triggered by the discounts shown in me video were buying items Gives you nanities instead of you spending them. lol.
Ive got over 500K so did not bother to use that bug, but its gone.
Max discount is now 50%.
But you can guess what happens if you sell them at 100% value now youll get a infinite profit loop.

Last edited:
Another day, another patch.
If you had a crash when building a ship, that may not happen again, as it may be fixed.
Did not happen to me, but it's been fixed now...

Ive scrapped all my legacy ships that had tiny locked default tech space levels even with being S class and transferred all their tech to the new builds that have 60 tech slots not 20.
Still limited to building only 3 classes. Fighter, hauler or explorer.

Refit

100%.

However. Very early days, some talented modders showed FDev how to implement SRV racing circuits, with scoreboards, timeing gates et al. They were told to desist, and this fun idea has never seen the light of day again. Why?

ED has so much potential, and fans want a lot more, but what we receive feels like noticeably less than what NMS gets per year.

Fdev has a more realistic approach for ED, while NMS is cartoony and arcade-y. However, that's no excuse for sluggish progress. NMS added so much to the planets. While in ED we still don't have any alien wildlife, forests etc. The counter-argument is higher realism takes more time...... well it's been nearly 10 years.

SC only has 2 star systems atm and it's not finished by a long shot. However, all their ships have highly detailed interiors. Meanwhile, in ED when we're inside a ship we're stuck in the pilot seat. Walking outside is nice. However, the ships feel incomplete without interiors.

Both NMS (next generation update) and SC had numerous major graphics upgrades. ED's big graphics upgrade coincided with Odyssey, yet it still lacks DLSS, and anti-aliasing.

This video shows a comparison of NMS's graphics in 2016 and 2022.

Last edited:
I've been playing for a few hours now, after quite a long break, and am still fumbling and stumbling my way around.

The game seems prettier* than I remember and some of the effects* are really quite (ahem) effective, and the flora* and fauna* look larger and so perhaps a bit more 'realistic'.

Overall I'm back to enjoying it for what it is - a relaxing place to while away the odd hour - and it's feeling to be a mature and well filled-out sand-pit game with an intriguing/silly story underpinning it all.

I've yet to try soooo very many aspects to the game - mechs, ship building etc. I just wish they'd add boats for water-worlds (assuming they haven't and I've just not noticed them, yet)!

* If you don't like the art style then everything is now worse.

No Above water boats for you or AI still limited to the sub and skimmer for above water use. All exocraft are waterproof now, so you can sink and drive on the bottom in the mech or rover. handling is effected badly (y) .

LOL I'm so far behind in this game.
Playing for years, last night I discovered I had the Dream Aeriel blueprint. No idea how long that was sitting around.
So I made it, installed it, deep space travel, 5 seconds in found my living frigate.
Question, I received a message 5 mins after sending it on a mission that I'm supposed to interact with the frigate as it wants to lay an egg.
How do I interact with the frigate?

Top Bottom