Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Dammit, missed this expedition! The ship looks cool, but on the other hand, I wouldn't know which ship to part with to make room for it....

I got an atlas sceptre and checked out the supercharged slots on my creative save and they looked ok so ok myain save I did the running around and got it all s classed and they are in a different place 🤦‍♂️

It's a mystery why NMS gets so many big and free expansions with tons of new content and features compared to ED. NMS had 25 big free updates (a dozen+ are expansion worthy). Meanwhile ED had around 4 big expansions (post-launch base-game updates, Horizons, Beyond updates, Odyssey). NMS's graphics engine gets upgraded regularly while ED's graphics engine is stuck without proper anti-aliasing, DLSS, no more than 1 global planet light source etc. Consequently NMS' graphics are more modern. Why does NMS have so many different (procedural) planet types, biomes, flora and fauna on the surface and underwater, base building, crafting, terrain deformation, (procedural) quests while ED players only have access to barren worlds with thin atmospheres?

space-games-pool-meme-jpg.383765
Hello Games figured out a few updates ago, that
#1 they like being in the top 75 games on steam.
#2 after each update they drop a few pages so...
#3 they have to release an update every few months to bump them up the list again.

That's good for them and keeps the game getting better, and maybe one day they'll do that one update that keeps them up the list a bit. (hasn't happened yet)

Frontier, for whatever reason, hasn't made anything nice or easy (possibly the worst chat interface possible, and thus, obviously intentional) in EDO...no new ships for years, etc. Imagine what happens when they release EDO, as it should be, with VR, ship interiors, EVA, hunting alien wildlife, your residence on a planet, all that stuff. Noone goes to work anymore..so thanks Frontier, for allowing society to continue to develop a bit more first.

I haven't been able to play nms for almost a week now.
During the Omega expedition the game stopped saving and I can't revert back to my primary save either which I putt over 700 hours in.
I realy hope I'm not gonna lose my primary save over this.
I made a ticket and they asked my permission to access my save game last week but no news yet about a patch.
I think this bug is only on Xbox.

It won't finish til the community goals finish as it stands we are 80+ % on stage 4 so it's taken a week for 3.75 stages. They make up totals for those goals just to stop it being finished in 7-10hrs ( normal expedition). Ive gone back to my "normal" save and have the helmet back back and ship on that save already .
It's a bit like CG where we have to wait a bit .

That's t
I am rather annoyed that the expedition won't actually complete - it says it has, got all the stuff (apart from the one optional not completed yet) but still it sits there as "Community Expedition" - not converted to a normal save.

Apart from that, since Omega in all saves the scanning rewards are all to ( ... insert naughty word here ... ) and building stuff is annoying as some things won't "snap" into place.

I think i might have to actually fire up ED for a less frustrating experience (never thought I'd say that).
That's the expedition complete now

I've been getting into No Man's Sky recently, and the game has grabbed me. Maybe it's easier to play now than it was some years ago when I tried.
I've also done the expedition and got the wip3out ship.
20240227193413_1.jpg

Top Bottom