Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

No Man's Sky was never my cup of tea, graphics, etc. However, now I can't take my hands off it for 4 straight days.

Have a couple of issues though:

1) Constructed a base with custom parts, like concrete, metal, etc. Can't attach anything to walls inside, nothing, no trade terminal, etc. Does anyone knows why?

2) Can't pass that kill 8 sentinels mission in Armourer mission chain. Can get first 2, then 2 + droid but when the largest one appears they get me every time. Shields go down way to fast, no matter how I jump try to evade. If I go somewhere underground/base - counter resets.

Does anyone knows how to get pass that?

Good timing as I did that kill 8 sentinels mission a few days ago. A few tips:
  • It was too hard for me until I upgraded my gun (multi-tool), concentrating on Scatter Blaster
  • As you said, don't enter your ship/base or the count resets (that took me a while to realise, but ofc makes sense... doh me)
  • For the giant sentinel, I finally realised I could run around at his legs and shoot him. He can't easily shoot you there.
  • Also finally realised his legs have destructible armour. Shoot all that off first, and then his body is much easier to damage.

HG is really pumping out performance updates for VR like mad men. Its almost playable without any reprojection and im seeing huge gains with the last experimental updates.

Today I visited a spinal planet for the first time. Thats really something else. There are critters moving like sharks through the ground with fins up. And I found a huge stargate on it. Pretty amazing. Too bad I dont know how to make screenshots with my rift s :/.

I've worked out how to hide wiring, and have made a few improvements, so pop over - the avocado toast is excellent!

BWTmebu.png

And maybe if you have the time we can pop to my bach on the lake. It's lovely this time of year.

0mc4Ka9.png

Just don't use the valet parking...
6Iu2K5y.png

GoG now '2.09.4.HOTFIX_Beyond_52147'. Succinctly put, I thought...

Last edited:
Well, good news. I found an excellent abandoned ship, one looking very much like Serenity in Firefly. So I claimed it, patted myself on my back for my good fortune and toddled off planet to gather the necessary bits and bobs to patch the old girl up. Bad news, when I returned some vile brigand had stolen her away. I knew I should have shoved a wheel-clamp on!

Some good news. I logged into my freighter today, and the ship (with all its damaged parts) was there. Hopefully it will appear for you too. (I have about 5 different saves going on between two platforms, so it's possible I was playing the "wrong" one from my earlier post).

And (belatedly) hurrah - the ship I found and then 'lost' has re-appeared!!!

\o/

I have a weird issue with minor settlements (the one with a landing pad and a small building with market access)....the side opposite the front entrance (not the side one from the landing pad) doesn't draw in properly from the outside...inside it all looks fine.

I'm all over the shop with the game, no focus at all....finally got my freighter with this new start (after faffing around in just 3 systems), bought a better ship and a better multi tool. Slowly doing the base building quests and going after Artemis.

Although I DO wish I could xfer upgrades when I change multitools, or even xfer upgrades amongst my ships (as I still have the first one).

I'm all over the shop with the game, no focus at all....finally got my freighter with this new start (after faffing around in just 3 systems), bought a better ship and a better multi tool. Slowly doing the base building quests and going after Artemis.
Got my first exotic ship yesterday under the new save file. Accidentally stumbled upon it.

Although I DO wish I could xfer upgrades when I change multitools, or even xfer upgrades amongst my ships (as I still have the first one).
And sell ships.

And I'd like to have a way of upgrading the ship storage as well, like we can with the backpack.

Well... 40 hours into a Permadeath VR game... got an A-rated long nosed hotrod-like starfighter, A rated plasma carbine with full slots. Filling up my Exosuit slots...

Then I make the mistake of firing plasma launchers at sentinals at point blank range.

I'd forgotten how lethal those are to players now (back at launch they did nothing)

So... I'm dead. (kicks ferrite powder)

No regrets. lesson learned and will play next on the PC WMR instead of PSVR (assuming the updates have made it run better sice launch)

Last edited:
And sell ships.

And I'd like to have a way of upgrading the ship storage as well, like we can with the backpack.

(Churchill) Oh YEAS to that!

I'm struggling to get some more combat frigates for my fleet, everything is support or trade...I presume that because I'm in Gek space and will have to go to Vykeen for combat frigates and Korvax for exploration?

(Churchill) Oh YEAS to that!

I'm struggling to get some more combat frigates for my fleet, everything is support or trade...I presume that because I'm in Gek space and will have to go to Vykeen for combat frigates and Korvax for exploration?
Haven't figured out exactly how that works, but the economic state might be a factor as well, and if it's in war.

There is a save game editor that allows just this. Yes of course it's very cheaty, but then life has many demands on our time.
I've used it in the past. In my first save file that I created when the game came out. I used to play around with, gave myself bigger storage and such, and optimized the multitool. It was quite fun to do that too, and I'm tempted to use it again... :D Not to cheat but just to make more storage in ship and freighter. Just wish that game had it.

Played for maybe 3 hrs so far. Just going at my own pace but IF I had 1 complaint it would be the wiring. It is a bit too fiddly for its own good and just makes everything messy . I wish either the wiring was automatic or to be honest better yet just abstracted it and didn't show it. Add to that I read that the wiring actually adds to the max number of items we can put on our map and too many can effect performance.

Restarted my game with the latest update, and built my fourth mini-base on a super hostile sentinel world. Now I can lure them into the base and farm them to my heart's content. Of course, building the base in the first place was problematic, and I'm not fond of how much fun it'll be to expand it under fire, but ya gotta do some fun things now and again in the game.

Restarted my game with the latest update, and built my fourth mini-base on a super hostile sentinel world. Now I can lure them into the base and farm them to my heart's content. Of course, building the base in the first place was problematic, and I'm not fond of how much fun it'll be to expand it under fire, but ya gotta do some fun things now and again in the game.

You can build a wall around the perimeter. Sentinels can't jump.

They, uh, fly. Do they have a ceiling height they cannot surpass?

They also spawn directly in my base frequently, so it's not like they won't be able to spawn on the wrong side of the wall. Might keep the doggo sentinels at bay, but those buggers shoot through walls, so I just hop into my fighter and dispatch em. Being an ocean planet makes the walkers tend not to spawn most of the time.

But they probably can spawn inside. Haven't had the problem yet in this version, but in the previous I had sentinels in the buildings at times. Back then you couldn't pull your multitool either so no way to get rid of them.

Top Bottom