Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

I'm curious. Do you know what the changes are (approximately) compared to the original? Or does anyone else know?

I note the "new" Exp 1 still seems quite time consuming, as I see they require fleet expeditions and growing/harvesting flora - all with considerable wait times. I suspect the original expedition required more of each?
Every Quest collection number has been lowered
Find this number of ? Systems lowered
Travel to these number of locations has been lowered...
Collect this item for this many is lowered...

Edit = Growing is a none issue as it lists real world time that still counts when game is off, plants still grow with game off...
Edit 2 = fleets were none issue as there are short missions and again fleets run in real world time so still run when game off..

Did not do Exp 1 V1 to completion first time as those were to high...
Completed Exp 1 V2 already so much shorter...

Last edited:
Every Quest collection number has been lowered
Find this number of ? Systems lowered
Travel to these number of locations has been lowered...
Collect this item for this many is lowered...

Edit = Growing is a none issue as it lists real world time that still counts when game is off, plants still grow with game off...
Edit 2 = fleets were none issue as there are short missions and again fleets run in real world time so still run when game off..

Did not do Exp 1 V1 to completion first time as those were to high...
Completed Exp 1 V2 already so much shorter...

Expedition completed. It was mostly very good. And nice to have access to the new ship now. In the end there was only one really grindy sub-mission... gaining exploration rank 16. It's just too many missions. I hate to think what the original required.

Expedition completed. It was mostly very good. And nice to have access to the new ship now. In the end there was only one really grindy sub-mission... gaining exploration rank 16. It's just too many missions. I hate to think what the original required.
Was...
30 guild points
All these below are now lowered and no longer these values in version 2
30 whispering eggs
Eliminate 50 sentinels..
Chart 60 waypoints on planets
Collect 50 storm crystals…

Discover 35 undiscovered systems.
Collect 10 ancient artifacts

Farm 35 plants
Explore 10,000 on foot
Discover 20 Creatures
Complete 15 fleet expeditions

Yep these were the grinds in version 1.

... In the end there was only one really grindy sub-mission... gaining exploration rank 16. It's just too many missions. I hate to think what the original required.

Agreed. I never liked those missions since the Nexus ones are so much better. Explorers Guild rank is basically useless. I only want to rank up in order to complete this milestone and nothing else. If there was something else in the normal game, such as, reach rank 50 to unlock this unique explorer starship. I would probably do it.

One more week to exp2 Version 2..
If you allready unlocked Items you dont get double unlocks by doing version 2 it remains a single item unlocked per save...
Looking forward to it. I didn't do Ex1 and 2 when they first came out, so now I finally got my Golden Vector from Ex1.

I must say though that I liked Ex3 and 4 more than Ex1.

I just completed E1 redux. It’s less grindy than the first one but still rather grindy. Ranking up in explorers guild required inside knowledge to get it done efficiently and not get frustrated. Lots of players expressing frustration over it. That and finding undiscovered abandoned systems causing gnashing of teeth. Good times 😁

Exp2 should not need to be adjusted much it was only 2 weeks long the first time...
In version 1 there was a Block put in place on progress by having a community "target set" in the Exp 2, so it might be likely that target is lowered.

I just completed E1 redux. It’s less grindy than the first one but still rather grindy. Ranking up in explorers guild required inside knowledge to get it done efficiently and not get frustrated. Lots of players expressing frustration over it. That and finding undiscovered abandoned systems causing gnashing of teeth. Good times 😁
For the other two expeditions, what I did, and did in this one too, is that I pick up bunches of missions in the space stations when I pass through. I pick the thin the herd and kill sentinel missions since you can do them pretty much everywhere. So I stacked up some 20 of these and then had one go at them. Every kill counts to every mission, so you finish of a truckload of missions by just killing a few animals or sentinels. That kicked me up to 4 less than needed for the explorer rank. Easy to pick up and do a few more to finish it.

Ok
heres a list of what you had to do last time for EXP2 v1...

To compare with version 2 out tomorrow...

This is the one where you get the Normandy, right? I'll give this a go over the weekend.

Yea 100% completion prize, yeap.
N7

Since they say:

"After SSV Normandy SR1 is received in the Expedition save, it can be acquired from Quicksilver Synthesis Companion in any other save."

So I think I will have to do this expedition too (honestly it isn't for the the "heroic pose emote"). ;)

Since they say:

"After SSV Normandy SR1 is received in the Expedition save, it can be acquired from Quicksilver Synthesis Companion in any other save."

So I think I will have to do this expedition too (honestly it isn't for the the "heroic pose emote"). ;)
Yep any Save I used it on EXP1 V2 as part of the fleet challenge...
You can't use it in the first system when you start as you dont get access to the anomaly till after the first jump or the free freighter...

Still no start time announced for EXP2 v2 so likely waiting for console patches..

Last edited:
Top Bottom