I have gone back to looking at the Egyptian stuff - specifically the Funerary Texts relating to the path of the soul. The Egyptian stuff is more useable in that they correlated things to the stars much better then the greeks romans or christians when describing it.... still working on it but ... I thought i would bring it up as you seem to be looking in a similar way.

Relating to the Sun Door... thought id mention what i have been working on (still a work in progress)
Have been using The Ascension-Myth in the Pyramid Texts as a guide. But the myth itself seemed to change quite alot over time. I think the Door is on the Horizon, not a central line (There is also a good paper on Satans Journy in Milton that indicates heaven is square and the chain hangs off the East Wall). - Im also looking at the Amduat, the path of the Sun as it the same path the Pharoh takes...

My current interpretation (all still in flux) is that on the Western Horizon the Kings Soul climbs the ladder to the Sun... The king is bound for the eastern side of the sky" He enters the Sun Gate and is then proceedes to Orion? followed by a trip across the celestial river afterwhich he is raised up (from the ecliptic?) by Set? to the Indestructables (the circumpolar stars)

The problem with having a "path" in the sky that I see is that it is very dependant on the time of year .... I suspect this is part of the reason things were switched to the "underworld"

Incidentally there is also the Book of the Two Paths... the Guide to Rostau, Rostau also being another name for the Giza Plateau where the Pyramids are... If we felt the need to tie in some Holdstock....

Apologies for the scatterbrained way im presenting this - but still digesting it myself:

Sah (the hidden one) Father of the Gods is Orion and his Consort is Sopdet (Sirius). Osiris is described as the Dweller in Orion.

From the Pyramid text of Unas (Sarcophagus Chamber South Wall):

151: Orion is encircled by the Duat, when the One-who-lives-in-the-Horizon purifies himself. Sothis is encircled by the Duat, when the One-who-lives-in-the-Horizon purifies himself. This Unas is encircled by the Duat, when the One-who-lives-in-the-Horizon purifies himself. He is content because of them, he is refreshed because of them, in the arms of His father, in the arms of Atum.

While trying to find "Manu" - a Mountain in the West - where the sun set (Horizon)...And RA (ya a sun god not a storm god... but Set did help i hear) fought with Apep the world snake... I ended up finding the Starter Systems ... hence my earlier post. Manu has been renamed to Dromi.

Oh also I think the OnionHead might have been related to the Sokar Onion Festival thing.... Also in the book Legacy - when Julia visits Kappa Fornacis it brings on her desire to explore, and it is the only mention of Raxxla in the book.

So ya still playing with things -
Osiris described as The Dweller? Felicity Farseer having an opinion on the Dark Wheel? Undoubtedly these Engineers have worked on ships throughout the Galaxy including the Dark Wheel's do not discount the systems of the Empire, where Avalon lays beneath the Light of Nu (a system nearby and Egyptian concept of Primordial waters) to gain the favor of Asphodel (another system nearby) whereupon lays the crux of the Axius Mundi (Yet another system nearby) remember how in the codex it says the author made a children's book with reference's to guide people to Raxxla? It mentions Asphodel in there too... hints, hints Brother, let your Faith be your guide for it shall lead you to Raxxla.

Allow me your consideration of the following as it may give us the alignment we seek. For I assure you, I have definitely seen hell.

"Jewel on brow of the mother of galaxies"
As stated previously, there is absolutely nothing allegorical here. Sadly, no one took the bait.
"Mother of Galaxies" - Milky Way Galaxy with its satellite children.
💎 - V886 Centauri, 10 billion trillion trillion carats
Source: https://youtu.be/LKf6L2ZQcl4?si=p6l52rnvtoxzuCUv

Line dividing heavens from underworlds...
Capella (Molotov's Claim) to Soholia (Molotovworld)

Source: https://giphy.com/gifs/MayansFX-mayans-mayansfx-mayansmc-nx58G8CNzUf5zGWhWa

Central Axis:
Capella (Nobleworld and Gold) to Achenar (Capitol)

Line dividing upper underworld from lower:
Andceeth (Trouble and Capitol) to Achenar (Capitol)

There's probably more involved with the multiple New California planets and at least two planets named Conversion.

I believe this gives us Miltion's two trees:
  • Tree of Life (@Rochester's initial model)
  • Tree of Knowledge (my contribution)
The portal shone, inimitable on earth By model, or by shading pencil, drawn. These stairs were such as whereon Jacob saw Angels ascending and descending, bands Of guardians bright, when he from Esau fled To Padan-Aram, in the field of Luz Dreaming by night under the open sky And waking cried, This is the gate of Heaven. Each stair mysteriously was meant, nor stood There always, but drawn up to Heaven sometimes Viewless; and underneath a bright sea flowed Of jasper, or of liquid pearl, whereon Who after came from earth, failing arrived...
----
On each hand parting, to his speed gave way Through all the empyreal road; till, at the gate Of Heaven arrived, the gate self-opened wide On golden hinges turning, as by work Divine the sovran Architect had framed.

From hence no cloud, or, to obstruct his sight, Star interposed, however small he sees, Not unconformed to other shining globes, Earth, and the garden of God, with cedars crowned Above all hills. As when by night the glass Of Galileo, less assured, observes Imagined lands and regions in the moon: Or pilot, from amidst the Cyclades Delos or Samos first appearing, kens A cloudy spot. Down thither prone in flight He speeds, and through the vast ethereal sky Sails between worlds and worlds, with steady wing

Last edited:
Allow me your consideration of the following as it may give us the alignment we seek. For I assure you, I have definitely seen hell.

As stated previously, there is absolutely nothing allegorical here. Sadly, no one took the bait.

Source: https://giphy.com/gifs/MayansFX-mayans-mayansfx-mayansmc-nx58G8CNzUf5zGWhWa

Central Axis:

There's probably more involved with the multiple New California planets and at least two planets named Conversion.

The portal shone, inimitable on earth By model, or by shading pencil, drawn. These stairs were such as whereon Jacob saw Angels ascending and descending, bands Of guardians bright, when he from Esau fled To Padan-Aram, in the field of Luz Dreaming by night under the open sky And waking cried, This is the gate of Heaven. Each stair mysteriously was meant, nor stood There always, but drawn up to Heaven sometimes Viewless; and underneath a bright sea flowed Of jasper, or of liquid pearl, whereon Who after came from earth, failing arrived...
----
On each hand parting, to his speed gave way Through all the empyreal road; till, at the gate Of Heaven arrived, the gate self-opened wide On golden hinges turning, as by work Divine the sovran Architect had framed.

From hence no cloud, or, to obstruct his sight, Star interposed, however small he sees, Not unconformed to other shining globes, Earth, and the garden of God, with cedars crowned Above all hills. As when by night the glass Of Galileo, less assured, observes Imagined lands and regions in the moon: Or pilot, from amidst the Cyclades Delos or Samos first appearing, kens A cloudy spot. Down thither prone in flight He speeds, and through the vast ethereal sky Sails between worlds and worlds, with steady wing
Quite a compelling story, I had glanced at this post and hadn't given it much thought until I read it after I was done gaming 'mostly' a 100 million credit haul today hunting pirates. Anyways that was a good little testament you have there, the Lord of Raxxla would approve? Do you think Raxxla will lead us to the Far God? It is a Portal to another distant Realm, is it the Realm of the Far God? I know not, for the Lord of Raxxla has not made himself known to me, but it could be that Raxxla will lead us to the Far God which would make him the Lord of Raxxla.

Well MB may have indicated what Raxxla was not, which is to say it might be ‘something different’ when someone asked if SD was a good example, so we might assume it’s not a body?

I suspect Raxxla to be certainly in a system, for everything in game is within a system (an instance) so it must be something in a system but probably not a body, and like the garden design might indicate its within the structure of a system so possibly something around a body?

I suspect Raxxla is the construct/gateway/state of enlightenment but it’s - in a system, and that system is simply a ‘representation’ of Paradise - as a type of ‘Lost Realm’ like other examples also appear in game, that system hangs from the Empyrean. One might presume its in or of the rings of a particular body?
I compiled a list of everything we know about Raxxla & I think @Macros Black put that on the first page of this thread. I also have a link in my signature to a thread I compiled on interesting & possibly useful quotes by FD, though I think some have been overtaken by events over the years.

MB responded to a forum question arising from his novel Elite Legacy:
Q "Legacy was billed in the Kickstarter campaign as a sequel to The Dark Wheel, however, I was expecting more of a direct follow up ...There was a throwaway reference to Raxxla near the beginning the story but..."
A (MB): “It was more of a spiritual successor than a direct sequel. We did look at a story involving Raxxla, but felt that was a story that should be played out in game rather than as a novel.”

Underline emphasis is mine-So there is an in-game storyline/thread of clues that will lead us to it.

And the one you mention about the Founder's World
Q: "What is the founder's world name?...Shinrarta Dezhra... I'm a tiny little bit disappointed they didn't call it Raxxla :D"
A (MB): “Raxxla is something different"

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/mostly-harmless-questions.4681/post-1112282

SO, MB was just saying Raxxla is something different from Shinrarta Dehzra...he wasn't saying what it is or is not. We have nothing at all to say what it is or is not, hence it could be any permitted ED object type.

It might, for instance, even be an installation which exist in-game but don't appear to have any bodyid identifier in the Journal file...I still don't understand the game mechanism behind that. They exist permanently and repeatably in-game but have no id? Presumably they have an identifier that we can't see?

Last edited:

Central Axis:

----

This system is centred [sic] around a white dwarf which itself is surrounded by the remains of its closest planet that was pulled apart as the star died. The system contains a number of planets - mostly gas giants that support a mixed industrial and refinery economy. A powerful crime family is said to operate within this system.

Hm, the description explicitly draws attention to the star's asteroid belt. Of course, the sheer size of it makes finding something there near-impossible if we have to rely on Mk. I Eyeball alone...
In any case, it'd be very funny if Raxxla was next door to ShinDez - and thus packed with fleet carriers! - all along.

A meta-discussion using ChatGPT:

? How would one organize this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253 in sub-categories/theories for easier perusal?

ChatGPT:
Organizing a thread like "The Quest to Find Raxxla" into sub-categories and theories for easier perusal can greatly enhance its accessibility and usefulness. Here's a suggestion on how you could organize it:
  1. Introduction and Background
    • Overview of Raxxla
    • Historical references and lore related to Raxxla
    • Initial motivations for the quest
  2. Exploration Reports
    • First-hand accounts of explorers who claim to have found clues or hints regarding Raxxla
    • Details of expeditions, discoveries, and encounters during the search
  3. Theories and Speculation
    • Subcategory: Ancient Mysteries
      • Theories regarding the origins and nature of Raxxla
      • Speculation on its significance in the game universe
    • Subcategory: Hidden Locations
      • Speculation on possible locations of Raxxla within the game world
      • Analysis of clues from lore, in-game hints, and developer statements
    • Subcategory: Quantum Mysteries
      • Discussions on the quantum world and its potential connection to Raxxla
      • Theories involving quantum mechanics, alternate dimensions, or time travel
    • Subcategory: Alien Involvement
      • Speculation on the involvement of Thargoids or other alien races in the quest for Raxxla
      • Theories on their knowledge or guardianship of the mysterious location
    • Subcategory: Conspiracy Theories
      • Discussions on conspiracy theories related to Raxxla within the game and the community
      • Analysis of hidden agendas, secret organizations, and cover-ups
  4. Collaborative Efforts and Tools
    • Resources for collaborative exploration and information sharing
    • Tools, databases, and websites dedicated to the quest for Raxxla
    • Coordination efforts for organized searches and expeditions
  5. Debunking and Skepticism
    • Critical analysis of popular theories and claims
    • Debunking of misinformation or false leads
    • Skeptical perspectives on the existence or significance of Raxxla
  6. Developer Insights and Clues
    • Compilation of developer insights, hints, and clues related to Raxxla
    • Analysis of patch notes, interviews, and community interactions for hidden information
  7. Community Events and Challenges
    • Community-driven events, competitions, and challenges related to Raxxla
    • Coordination of in-game activities and missions for Raxxla hunters
  8. Archived Threads and References
    • Links to previous threads, discussions, and resources related to Raxxla
    • References to external sources, articles, and videos discussing the quest
By organizing the thread in this manner, users can easily navigate to the specific sub-category or theory they are interested in exploring, facilitating more focused discussions and collaboration among community members.

How could this be automated?

ChatGPT
Automating the organization of a forum thread like "The Quest to Find Raxxla" could involve developing a system that analyzes the content of the thread and categorizes it accordingly. Here's a high-level overview of how this could be achieved:

1. Text Processing and Natural Language Processing (NLP): Use NLP techniques to parse the text of the forum thread and extract relevant information such as post titles, content, and user comments.
  2. Topic Modeling: Apply topic modeling algorithms such as Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA) or Non-Negative Matrix Factorization (NMF) to identify underlying topics or themes within the thread. This can help automatically categorize posts into different sub-categories based on their content.
  3. Keyword Extraction: Extract keywords and phrases from the thread to identify important terms and concepts related to Raxxla, such as "exploration reports," "theories," "developer insights," etc.
  4. Machine Learning Classification: Train a machine learning model (e.g., Support Vector Machines, Random Forests, or Neural Networks) using labeled data to classify posts into predefined categories or sub-categories. Labeled data could consist of manually categorized posts from similar threads or forums.
  5. Clustering: Utilize clustering algorithms (e.g., K-means clustering) to group similar posts together based on their content. This can help identify clusters of posts that belong to the same category or share common themes.
  6. Rule-Based Systems: Develop rule-based systems that define specific criteria for categorizing posts. For example, posts containing certain keywords or phrases could be automatically classified into relevant sub-categories.
  7. Integration with Forum APIs: Integrate the automated categorization system with the forum's API to fetch new posts, analyze them in real-time, and update the thread with categorized tags or labels.
  8. Feedback Loop: Implement a feedback loop where users can provide feedback on the accuracy of the automated categorization. This feedback can be used to improve the performance of the system over time.
By combining these techniques, you can create an automated system that continuously monitors and organizes forum threads like "The Quest to Find Raxxla" into sub-categories and theories for easier perusal by community members.

Whew, sounds like a lot of work if doing this from scratch. I'd much rather just fly my ship tbh :)

Hm, the description explicitly draws attention to the star's asteroid belt. Of course, the sheer size of it makes finding something there near-impossible if we have to rely on Mk. I Eyeball alone...
In any case, it'd be very funny if Raxxla was next door to ShinDez - and thus packed with fleet carriers! - all along.
Forget the planet remains, I'm more interested in who this powerful crime family is. Anyone of significance in the lore?
The idea of a gateway to the underworld could also relate to shady underworld figures in the lore. People or organisations that may be symbolic of 'evil' in mythology.

Assuming the Dark Wheel is still active, they would logically utilise the underworld just as much as they would "shape-change" to infiltrate places of power. The fact that Freeholm is a close neighbour to the source of Onionhead is not lost on me. How that lore has played out could shine a light on something.

A meta-discussion using ChatGPT:

? How would one organize this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253 in sub-categories/theories for easier perusal?

ChatGPT:
Organizing a thread like "The Quest to Find Raxxla" into sub-categories and theories for easier perusal can greatly enhance its accessibility and usefulness. Here's a suggestion on how you could organize it:
  1. Introduction and Background
    • Overview of Raxxla
    • Historical references and lore related to Raxxla
    • Initial motivations for the quest
  2. Exploration Reports
    • First-hand accounts of explorers who claim to have found clues or hints regarding Raxxla
    • Details of expeditions, discoveries, and encounters during the search
  3. Theories and Speculation
    • Subcategory: Ancient Mysteries
      • Theories regarding the origins and nature of Raxxla
      • Speculation on its significance in the game universe
    • Subcategory: Hidden Locations
      • Speculation on possible locations of Raxxla within the game world
      • Analysis of clues from lore, in-game hints, and developer statements
    • Subcategory: Quantum Mysteries
      • Discussions on the quantum world and its potential connection to Raxxla
      • Theories involving quantum mechanics, alternate dimensions, or time travel
    • Subcategory: Alien Involvement
      • Speculation on the involvement of Thargoids or other alien races in the quest for Raxxla
      • Theories on their knowledge or guardianship of the mysterious location
    • Subcategory: Conspiracy Theories
      • Discussions on conspiracy theories related to Raxxla within the game and the community
      • Analysis of hidden agendas, secret organizations, and cover-ups
  4. Collaborative Efforts and Tools
    • Resources for collaborative exploration and information sharing
    • Tools, databases, and websites dedicated to the quest for Raxxla
    • Coordination efforts for organized searches and expeditions
  5. Debunking and Skepticism
    • Critical analysis of popular theories and claims
    • Debunking of misinformation or false leads
    • Skeptical perspectives on the existence or significance of Raxxla
  6. Developer Insights and Clues
    • Compilation of developer insights, hints, and clues related to Raxxla
    • Analysis of patch notes, interviews, and community interactions for hidden information
  7. Community Events and Challenges
    • Community-driven events, competitions, and challenges related to Raxxla
    • Coordination of in-game activities and missions for Raxxla hunters
  8. Archived Threads and References
    • Links to previous threads, discussions, and resources related to Raxxla
    • References to external sources, articles, and videos discussing the quest
By organizing the thread in this manner, users can easily navigate to the specific sub-category or theory they are interested in exploring, facilitating more focused discussions and collaboration among community members.

How could this be automated?

ChatGPT
Automating the organization of a forum thread like "The Quest to Find Raxxla" could involve developing a system that analyzes the content of the thread and categorizes it accordingly. Here's a high-level overview of how this could be achieved:

1. Text Processing and Natural Language Processing (NLP): Use NLP techniques to parse the text of the forum thread and extract relevant information such as post titles, content, and user comments.
  2. Topic Modeling: Apply topic modeling algorithms such as Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA) or Non-Negative Matrix Factorization (NMF) to identify underlying topics or themes within the thread. This can help automatically categorize posts into different sub-categories based on their content.
  3. Keyword Extraction: Extract keywords and phrases from the thread to identify important terms and concepts related to Raxxla, such as "exploration reports," "theories," "developer insights," etc.
  4. Machine Learning Classification: Train a machine learning model (e.g., Support Vector Machines, Random Forests, or Neural Networks) using labeled data to classify posts into predefined categories or sub-categories. Labeled data could consist of manually categorized posts from similar threads or forums.
  5. Clustering: Utilize clustering algorithms (e.g., K-means clustering) to group similar posts together based on their content. This can help identify clusters of posts that belong to the same category or share common themes.
  6. Rule-Based Systems: Develop rule-based systems that define specific criteria for categorizing posts. For example, posts containing certain keywords or phrases could be automatically classified into relevant sub-categories.
  7. Integration with Forum APIs: Integrate the automated categorization system with the forum's API to fetch new posts, analyze them in real-time, and update the thread with categorized tags or labels.
  8. Feedback Loop: Implement a feedback loop where users can provide feedback on the accuracy of the automated categorization. This feedback can be used to improve the performance of the system over time.
By combining these techniques, you can create an automated system that continuously monitors and organizes forum threads like "The Quest to Find Raxxla" into sub-categories and theories for easier perusal by community members.

Whew, sounds like a lot of work if doing this from scratch. I'd much rather just fly my ship tbh :)
I love this thread, it documents many skeins of thought and theory, contains much humour, and not a little eccentricity (an honourable English trait, I believe many eccentrics live in Cambridge!). IMO anyone who hasn't got the stamina to catch up on 1700+ pages is unlikely to have the stamina to be a successful Questor (😁🤣).

If you were to undertake such a course of action then I would recommend renaming this thread to "The Original and Best Quest to find Raxxla" and create an alternate thread, organised as per your post, but entitled "The Game of Lazy Bones questing for Raxxla"
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just trying to passively analyse the codex without overthinking it, sometimes this can identify very obvious associations normally we ignore outright.

Here the search: ‘gateway to parallel universes story in fiction’ identified the Wiki text:

Fiction has long borrowed an idea of "another world" from myth, legend and religion. Heaven, Hell, Olympus, and Valhallaare all "alternative universes" different from the familiar material realm. Plato reflected deeply on the parallel realities, resulting in Platonism, in which the upper reality is perfect while the lower earthly reality is an imperfect shadow of the heavenly.

The Codex could simply be stating the obvious in some aspects, or reinforcing the meaning behind other segments, the description of a story about gateways might just be a reflection in the codex of the previous statement about Lost Realms, eg Paradises like Atlantis etc, then the wider ‘Otherworlds’ of Holdstock and the Miltonian Universe in game?

Or Brookes ‘As above, So below’ universe, built from the carcasses of Older gods.. or some actual fictional story involving travel to an alternate dimension, but if we presume it’s Brooke’s child’s story involving Dragons, a Princess, a prince and spiralling stars?

It might not be telling us anything specific, in some segments, but certainly reflecting upon the wider aspects of the overarching design?

Oh there I go….

Last edited:
Just trying to passively analyse the codex without overthinking it, sometimes this can identify very obvious associations normally we ignore outright.

Here the search: ‘gateway to parallel universes story’ identified the Wiki text:

Fiction has long borrowed an idea of "another world" from myth, legend and religion. Heaven, Hell, Olympus, and Valhallaare all "alternative universes" different from the familiar material realm. Plato reflected deeply on the parallel realities, resulting in Platonism, in which the upper reality is perfect while the lower earthly reality is an imperfect shadow of the heavenly.

The Codex could simply be stating the obvious in some aspects, or reinforcing the meaning behind other segments, eg this concept of an ‘Otherworld’ and the Miltonian Universe in game? Brookes As above, So below universe, built from the carcasses of Older gods..
You should probably read the following:

There's a reason Dream-ware, Insight, and Insight Entertainment Suite are a thing. There are places in Bubble and elsewhere where "reality" is porous. I'd encourage looking into "Sargasso Sea of Space".

On a less-metaphysical note and back to Milton: Tree of Life is the taller of the two trees. Tree of Knowledge is shorter. There are places names in Paradise Lost mapping to systems. I believe the grotto where the trees are located is walled and hard to get into. Those connections need to be looked into further. Also, the Otherworld entry mentioned a Persian heavenly bridge named Chinvat.

Also, Elite's Universe contains something that is tantamount to Marvel's Darkhold: the first manual. It is worth noting that, Alioth didn't become Alioth officially until June 30th, 2016. Alioth is named because of the Elite series and Marvel Universe. In that Universe, Alioth is devourer of time itself.

Don't know if this was mentioned, I was absent for 10 years :)

First ever mention of Raxxla.
Event at Leesti.
There are more, on later pages.

raxxla 1.png

from Commodore C64 Manual: Elite (1985)

and here Ian Bell mentions it "I don't know. The missions vary across the platforms. There is no Raxxla functionality in the 6502 versions AFAICR."

Maybe it would be worth it to dig through the ancient coding of BBC/C64 original Elite

Last edited:
Also, Elite's Universe contains something that is tantamount to Marvel's Darkhold: the first manual. It is worth noting that, Alioth didn't become Alioth officially until June 30th, 2016. Alioth is named because of the Elite series and Marvel Universe. In that Universe, Alioth is devourer of time itself.

Alioth has been one of the names of Epsilon Ursae Majoris for a very long time it derives from the Arabic star names - something about a sheeps tail.

Disney stealing the Necronomicon and giving it a silly name however…

Here the search: ‘gateway to parallel universes story in fiction’ identified the Wiki text:

The Codex could simply be stating the obvious in some aspects, or reinforcing the meaning behind other segments, the description of a story about gateways might just be a reflection in the codex of the previous statement about Lost Realms, eg Paradises like Atlsntis etc, then the wider ‘Otherworlds’ of Holdstock and the Miltonian Universe in game?

Brookes As above, So below universe, built from the carcasses of Older gods..it might not be telling us anything specific, in some segments, but certainly reflecting upon the wider aspects of the overarching design?

Oh there I go….
I do suspect the gateway is orbiting...from the codex's "The legend of Raxxla has been circulating, in whispers, for centuries"., and I think it will lead to somewhere else (probably named Raxxla) purely because downloading the Raxxla instance to the player's computer when the "gateway" is triggered is IMO the only way Raxxla could have been hidden from the file miners for all this time. And I think MB would have wanted to maintain Holdstock's lore in this respect. Hence the gateway object is either an orbiting body (with a bodyid, which may be hidden from the players journal) or an installation.

But I don't think the destination is an alien universe as per Holdstock, again purely from game mechanics and Dev effort. They've said they only implemented one universe, the Milky Way. I suspect it's a Guardian ship with terminals to their network. However it might be the "lost TDW station"

Last edited:
I do suspect the gateway is orbiting...from the codex's "The legend of Raxxla has been circulating, in whispers, for centuries"., and I think it will lead to somewhere else (probably named Raxxla) purely because downloading the Raxxla instance to the player's computer when the "gateway" is triggered is IMO the only way Raxxla could have been hidden from the file miners for all this time. And I think MB would have wanted to maintain Holdstock's lore in this respect. Hence the gateway object is either an orbiting body (with a bodyid, which may be hidden from the players journal) or an installation.

But Idk t think the destination is an alien universe as per Holdstock, again purely from game mechanics and Dev effort. They've said they only implemented one universe, the Milky Way. I suspect it's a Guardian ship with terminals to their network. However it might be the "lost TDW station"

Yes ultimately this gateway can’t logically take us anywhere physically outside the ED galaxy, FD has effectively confirmed that, your correct.

The lore does exist to back up this concept of an alternate reality, the Guardian network is simply a digital alternate reality, in the same ilk so is Utopia’s Sim Archives… this is a game, with limitations, so such information is not just arbitrary nor irrelevant (unless FD remove it) it’s intentional, and within the narrative, so it ought to have some relevance!

This concept holds with the general idea for the Celtic Otherworld. It is not an actual afterlife, but a location that exists in an alternate dimension. So in effect FD has essentially probably already told us what Raxxla might reveal, access to and probably communion with the Guardians, themselves the ‘tribe of the gods’, a version of The Tuatha Dé Danann.

This is why the Empyrean concept works, where I hypothesised it is someplace close to the Morrigans, it ties in with the Starship One encounters with the ‘caretakers’. Who I believe are one and the same - in game.

This makes sense to me, it’s evident FD altered a previous narrative, our knowledge of the Guardians etc was handed to us after the fact via the Update, I do presume the original narrative would have likewise ‘hinted’ at this, but it was dropped in favour of this current trajectory..

Again I love this concept of Raxxla as it actually reflects upon the original source material from Holdstock perfectly. In his DW novella RH talks of alternate realities too, this in itself was not arbitrary, but an extrapolation of his existing lore linked to concepts of Celtic Otherworlds.

Thinking abstractly there’s no great leap of logic to presume the Sim Archive is based upon the Raxxla technology, potentially alluding we might all be in a VR reality (which we are)… ultimately that’s not very original, but it’s ‘achievable’ to represent in game.

If the DW and Raxxla could be one and the same, if not then logically it’s inclusion ought to give more information on Raxxla. We have to entertain the possibility Raxxla is already known to some and exploited, which might be hinted at through existing clues, it could have been built into a station.

The Miltonian aspect, I believe gives it a location, and again ties it neatly back in Holdstock mythic origins for Elite. The text of Paradise Lost may likewise have given shape to Raxxla, in so much as the ‘Pendant’ globe does have a dimensional gateway - possibly two; to Heaven and the other to Eden…

The Raxxla logo, I might presume is showing us this concept, an omphalos at the centre of something, its boundaries described by a hexagon, and its portal, it’s gateway, much like the passage from the crystalline sphere into our universe, represented by another hexagon, I sometimes imagine the logo is a graphical representation of what Satan saw when he looked down from his initial vantage point.

I still think we’re incredibly close.

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom