Scytale

Banned
But don’t forget that TDW are “a legendary group of adventurers, explorers, investigators and treasure-hunters”. Somehow I don’t think bounty hunting/massacre missions would be their style.
Perhaps the test will involve having travelled to Sag A*, Beagle Point, Colonia, got Elite explorer and sold Hutton Mugs?
Again,
A test of skill and courage.
Explo: high-G landings.
Trade: risky smuggling.
Combat: overwhelming powerful adversaries.
Imho.
...third party databases...
Which one, please ?

Last edited:
YOU disappoint me when not assuming, after all these years, how teribble my Englich is !
Make a small effort and try to understand the writing of a Spaniard who speaks English like a French cow bred in Switzerland, please ! (Brexit delights.. pfff...)
I meant investigate the whispers we can hear when in witchspace ! ;)
Stop with the no anglasie! Your English is better than mine most of the time! :p

Has anybody seen this in other sectors? The beams of the NS visible for the last 3/4 seconds of the witch space tunnel?

Source: https://twitter.com/RaxxlaHunter/status/1170601736240861185

Yeah, I've seen it a couple of times - I just associated it with longer loading times (see also: rotation).

It's also worth noting that seeing the destination star during the hyperspace jump was a graphical upgrade that happened sometime during Season 2. The earlier versions of the transition didn't show it.

Scytale

Banned
Horizons is required for planetary landings.
Mmmmh... Horizons may be required to find Raxxla since it has been released. Or did I miss some FD specific statement about this ?
"We know why Raxxla hasn't already been found", they said in 2014. I bet they knew. Horizons not yet been released ! :ROFLMAO:
But you very well may be right. It's just that I can't see another Exploration activity demanding skill and courage other than these landings...
Navigation skills ? Like hardcore Explo ? meh.. Cmdr Allitnil would already have been invited, if so. (Doc failed as he missed Cass A, and so did The Boss because finding the Smurf's Galaxy doesn't count :p)
The Dark Wheel lore (novel) only tells of combat skills to become "one of ours", though.
EDIT: I know ! You have to FSS and DSS a huge system, like a hundred bodies, in the shortest possible time ! :p

Last edited:
Actually its a great initiation...

'Do you know where it is?'
'No, do you or have we lost it?'
'We've lost it, what we gonna do?'
'I know, lets set it as a 'test', anyone who can 'find' it for us can 'become a member' and we, ahem, always knew where it was, you see?'
'OK thats a good plan, now what about the GalNet issue?'
'Thats gotten far more complicated than Raxxla now, even I don't know!'

YOU disappoint me when not assuming, after all these years, how teribble my Englich is, Pa !
Make a small effort and try to understand the writing of a Spaniard who speaks English like a French cow bred in Switzerland, please ! (Brexit delights.. pfff...)
I meant investigate the whispers we can hear when in witchspace ! ;)

I agree with Pete, your Englich is better than mine compadre
Hablo Español aqui! Tambien vende Raxxla, con churros! Un carajillo por favor!!
But still, investigate the whispers isn’t the clue, it’s to the whisperer; I think that’s significant.

I have a new hypothesis with a different slant & seems to answer all parts of the toast, and possibly the other FD “non-clues” but it’s going to be a while until Tyko can test it to my satisfaction, probably not much flying this week.

Disclaimer: Watch out, MB's tattoo-thing ahead ! Click at your own risk . :giggle:

And so we spiral towards death...
the light at the end of the tunnel being Raxxla...
how we will all make our own paths...
it will be the singularity, the gate...
and the key...

Can't help you there. I was so many times told that the witchspace cinematics is just a loading screen without any significance that I came to believe it...
Please, prove them I was / you are right ! ;)

At the end of the day, we need to remind ourselves that this is only a game.

Why the need to bring in MB's personal life or his beliefs to solve an ingame puzzle?

To a certain extent, this is beyond the pale.

At the end of the day, we need to remind ourselves that this is only a game.

Why the need to bring in MB's personal life or his beliefs to solve an ingame puzzle?

To a certain extent, this is beyond the pale.

Steady on! Scytale was saying nothing that hasn’t been said before. MB was quite open about his love of Cthulhu and may have dropped hints that his tattoo was relevant to ED; I wasn’t personally convinced, but still....

Scytale

Banned
Hablo Español aqui! Tambien vende Raxxla, con churros! Un carajillo por favor!!
Geez.. Brit's Magaluf Spanish.. But not bad at all, though, Pa ! ;)
But still, investigate the whispers isn’t the clue, it’s to the whisperer; I think that’s significant.
Mmmhh.. Listen to and understand what the whisperer says in witchspace and you'll have clues about him. Perhaps.

The test will be administered discreetly and only once passed will the DW reveal themselves....is the current lore I think

Administered doesn't sound like something you can do without it being given to you first I don't think. Doesn't mean there isn't pre-requisites, like the engineers, but the test is probably something else...mind you the eng. test is go fetch me some XYZ and only Felicity is stretching, or maybe its just coz shes usually done with less experience to the game, her test just seemed more challenging to me and involving (new aliens etc).

The fact that nobody has been given the test, or they aren't willing to talk about it (unlikely) or they've failed (possible?) is disconcerting?

The test will be administered discreetly and only once passed will the DW reveal themselves....is the current lore I think

Administered doesn't sound like something you can do without it being given to you first I don't think. Doesn't mean there isn't pre-requisites, like the engineers, but the test is probably something else...mind you the eng. test is go fetch me some XYZ and only Felicity is stretching, or maybe its just coz shes usually done with less experience to the game, her test just seemed more challenging to me and involving (new aliens etc).

The fact that nobody has been given the test, or they aren't willing to talk about it (unlikely) or they've failed (possible?) is disconcerting?

If it’s “discretely administered” we probably won’t know we’re being tested until we’re told we’ve passed. The question to be answered is why nobody has passed it to date, or if they have why haven’t they told anybody about it...I think it’s the former and that’s related to DB’s “and we know why they haven’t found it” comment.

Personally I'm finding Palin/Chloe quite tough. Only barnacles I've found have had no flowers/meta alloys.
Will head back down to witch head when I'm done in the galactic core I expect.

If it’s “discretely administered” we probably won’t know we’re being tested until we’re told we’ve passed. The question to be answered is why nobody has passed it to date, or if they have why haven’t they told anybody about it...I think it’s the former and that’s related to DB’s “and we know why they haven’t found it” comment.
We know why it hasn't been found is fake news/urban myth. He never said it. We debated this a couple dozen pages ago and the interview was posted.

Geez.. Brit's Magaluf Spanish.. But not bad at all, though, Pa ! ;)

Mmmhh.. Listen to and understand what the whisperer says in witchspace and you'll have clues about him. Perhaps.

I’m quite rusty now, but I like Spain, did have a Spanish girlfriend for a while, and got a distinction in Spanish GCSE at the age of 50, though actually learnt to understand the lyrics of salsa music (I was a keen salsero, before the aches and pains got too much). Nowadays I’m just into coffee and brandy, so a carajillo always goes down well!!

Last edited:
Personally I'm finding Palin/Chloe quite tough. Only barnacles I've found have had no flowers/meta alloys.
Will head back down to witch head when I'm done in the galactic core I expect.

Then buy your MA from the surface base in Maia (presume they’re still for sale there). You can then get the sensor fragments from one of the nearby crash sites (HIP something or other), they’re halfway up a mountain but roll down, then you shoot the UA to get the fragments, then relog to get more, repeat until you have the required number. Get extra for guardian engineering. Seem to remember Exigeous or Down to Earth Astronomy has a short youtube vid on it.

Edit: was going to call in on Chloe recently on way back from last deep black trip for a cup of tea/ brandy and a chinwag, I still have 5 fragments in my tote bag, but decided to hang onto them for a while. I already have the l5 dirty drive blueprint. Not really sure why she set up shop all the way out there. Location seems a bit vulnerable to future goid reprisals....

Addendum: sat chilling, listening to Cerys Mathews’ show (recorded from this morning) with some cool jazz, digesting my lunch, but really need to get back to tidying up the hedges, mowing and dethatching the lawn, then walking the dog. No rest for the wicked!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom