I dropped into Van Maanen's Star to check the Tattoo of the Divine Galen Elliott. I was wrong, he doesn't have the neck tattoo of the engineers in my previous post, just the 4 leaf clover I'm loosely associating to the criminal gangs at the moment as per my previous post.

So I'll keep an eye out on other faction agents to see if they have the \V/ tattoo, and I'd appreciate if anyone else spots someone with it if they could post a quick note so I can track if it's a viable lead to follow.

And now I'm torn - have I been working against TRDW by helping TDW in SD? So the question is, are these related tattoos related to any faction alliances within Elite, or just eye candy?

Well, since I'm completely allied with TDW and almost a complete enemy of TBHG I'll keep working at being 100% opposites (allied with TDW and enemy of TBHG), then I'll start working the other way - to completely ally myself with those bearing the tattoos, and work against TDW in SD. I'll keep you posted.

p.s. If I just disappear one day after switching allegiance, look suspiciously at TDW in SD as being allies of THE CLUB! ;-)

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

Interestingly, I checked a couple of other 'enemies' of TDW from other systems (like Nuenets, Fong Wang etc) and they don't have either a representative, or passenger that appeared with either of those tattoos. Lots of criminal masterminds, no tattoos. Seems like there are two factions of Criminals(?) going by the tattoos. Those with the four leaf, and those with the neck pyramids.

I might have to go back to scratch with data collection about this - seems like a possible avenue that needs more thorough examination and data points before proving +/-.

/ Ra.

Interestingly, I checked a couple of other 'enemies' of TDW from other systems (like Nuenets, Fong Wang etc) and they don't have either a representative, or passenger that appeared with either of those tattoos. Lots of criminal masterminds, no tattoos. Seems like there are two factions of Criminals(?) going by the tattoos. Those with the four leaf, and those with the neck pyramids.

I might have to go back to scratch with data collection about this - seems like a possible avenue that needs more thorough examination and data points before proving +/-.

/ Ra.
OR
The neck tattoos may be entirely decorative but meaningless?

Does TDW in SD have tattoos? Consistently across all their representatives?
We are told in Premonition that TRDW operates “wheels within wheels” and the SD faction are “merely a front”. I suspect the key is to find the inner wheels through some characteristic of the know outer wheel; is there anything else the SD faction exhibit? Background flags for instance?

I thought, because this is essentially MMO, maybe we need some kind of object that is the key, namely an object such as some sort of rare cargo? and with this cargo fly to certain points? Has anyone considered such an option?

OR
The neck tattoos may be entirely decorative but meaningless?

Does TDW in SD have tattoos? Consistently across all their representatives?
We are told in Premonition that TRDW operates “wheels within wheels” and the SD faction are “merely a front”. I suspect the key is to find the inner wheels through some characteristic of the know outer wheel; is there anything else the SD faction exhibit? Background flags for instance?
As far as tattoos go, they do not have any visible. Im not on atm and cant speak on their backgrounds though.

Was pondering whether my progress on the personal journey is monitored via the Cmdr Codex archive, e.g. beacons & sites visited. Had a strange experience this morning-visited the Jameson Cobra wreck site again this morning (good for stocking up on encoded materials so visited a few times week before last but having spent best part of a week engineering a Krait2 battlewagon to help progress my combat rank, I am now having to do the same for a corvette!); so had definitely already seen Jameson’s log messages. This morning they reappeared in my inbox, as though the game had forgotten I’d already seen them! Now this could be a problem if the game really is monitoring progress this way. I got Jameson’s logs years ago when the wreck was first found, but they weren’t in my codex entry-didn’t worry about it cos it was before the codex was introduced. But if it’s forgetting things I’ve done....
And the logs for the Cete and Bifrost weren’t stored there either!

I always thought those things were paddle-shaped hand fans painted on washi paper. The fourth paddle, or a lotus petal, means your Ajna chakra is beginning to open towards ascension of the spiritual path of Raxxla. The third eye is purple and symbolizes the quest for truth. Anarchy factionists need kind of gnostic spirituality to keep rejecting so much. Elite 👙angerous is kinda deep that way.
305px-Hiroshige_Bowl_of_Sushi.jpg

Was pondering whether my progress on the personal journey is monitored via the Cmdr Codex archive, e.g. beacons & sites visited. Had a strange experience this morning-visited the Jameson Cobra wreck site again this morning (good for stocking up on encoded materials so visited a few times week before last but having spent best part of a week engineering a Krait2 battlewagon to help progress my combat rank, I am now having to do the same for a corvette!); so had definitely already seen Jameson’s log messages. This morning they reappeared in my inbox, as though the game had forgotten I’d already seen them! Now this could be a problem if the game really is monitoring progress this way. I got Jameson’s logs years ago when the wreck was first found, but they weren’t in my codex entry-didn’t worry about it cos it was before the codex was introduced. But if it’s forgetting things I’ve done....
Yep, had that 2 days ago too. Didn't pay attention though, as many MMOs do that - reset "visited" in time.

I dropped into Van Maanen's Star to check the Tattoo of the Divine Galen Elliott. I was wrong, he doesn't have the neck tattoo of the engineers in my previous post, just the 4 leaf clover I'm loosely associating to the criminal gangs at the moment as per my previous post.

p.s. If I just disappear one day after switching allegiance, look suspiciously at TDW in SD as being allies of THE CLUB! ;-)

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

CMDR, There was an investigation on the Independent Raxxla Hunters discord into groups with the 4-leaf clover tattoo.
It lasted a couple months, then they found some player-created groups that had the tattoo.

You could look through the screenshots posted in the investigation '#groups with matching forehead tattoos [closed]' to see others with the neck tattoo.
If you find the neck tattoo on a player-created group, then you can probably assume it's random instead of an FDev clue trail.

AFAIK there is always the 30 days expiration period mentioned below those messages. After that you can "re-scan" them again, imo.

Good point.
It's quite possible that we need have wrapped up some conditions for a trigger within limitation of 30 days of archival of these messages.

Good point.
It's quite possible that we need have wrapped up some conditions for a trigger within limitation of 30 days of archival of these messages.

Mmm, hadn’t thought about having to do a sequence of ev3nts within 30 days. Always assumed that the 30 days was just a timer for how long it would stay in your inbox before automatic deletion.
Tried again after lunch. One time it rescanned the logs, after that it said the datapoint was already scanned. Seems a bit hit & miss.

I always thought those things were paddle-shaped hand fans painted on washi paper. The fourth paddle, or a lotus petal, means your Ajna chakra is beginning to open towards ascension of the spiritual path of Raxxla. The third eye is purple and symbolizes the quest for truth. Anarchy factionists need kind of gnostic spirituality to keep rejecting so much. Elite 👙angerous is kinda deep that way.
305px-Hiroshige_Bowl_of_Sushi.jpg

Ommmmmm,
Afraid that just went right over my lotus chakra! 😳

Mmm, hadn’t thought about having to do a sequence of ev3nts within 30 days. Always assumed that the 30 days was just a timer for how long it would stay in your inbox before automatic deletion.
Tried again after lunch. One time it rescanned the logs, after that it said the datapoint was already scanned. Seems a bit hit & miss.

Also, ive been told if your ship explodes it resets certain data you've obtained but dont have any real confirmation of this or what all data that effects.

Yes, it may be a bug that you can rescan after a relog or so, not sure. I would expect you should be able to rescan after 30 days and the message archival though.
"After ship destruction" should certainly allow a rescan.

But again, in case Fdev has been clever perhaps we need to perform the 'the set of actions' within a timeframe of 30 days so it will be harder to discover the correct sequence.
If there is a set of sequences that is.

On a totally absolutely unrelated note, Journeys, travellers, myths and legends and all of that.

I noticed an article on Inara "Galpedia", the infomercial about ingame names on the right hand side there.
A portuguese explorer has been credited in ports & outpost names. Kind of curious, because mostly it's about famous scientists, mathematicians, writers and such.
Code:
Galpedia
Alvise Cadamosto
Related stations: Cadamosto Terminal (Audheim),
Cadamosto Market (Sigma Pegasi), Cadamosto Survey (Ngin),
Cadamosto Orbital (Jukate), Cadamosto Prospect (G 69-11),
Cadamosto Dock (Kokoller), Cadamosto Survey (Grabil),
Cadamosto Barracks (Col 285 Sector PQ-R b19-6),
Cadamosto Arsenal (Lan Disk), Cadamosto Silo (Almudja)

And nothing else can be linked to the name Cadamost. In a blink of an eye I'm down the rabbithole ...

Thus I learned a few things:
* Cadamosto and the exploration era, how he discovered the Pole Star. And an island what is known as Dog Island.
The Navigazioni and collaboration with Prince Henry the Navigator who chased the myth of Prester John.
  • Prester John, References to Marco Polo (another great traveller, of course), who have some weak links to Prester John.
  • Prester John early legends is believed to be: "Acts of Thomas provided the first seeds of the legend" (also known as the Twin)
  • Further, Wolfram von Eschenbach tied the history of Prester John to the Holy Grail legend in his poem Parzival, in which the Prester is the son of the Grail maiden and the Saracen knight Feirefiz
  • Parzival who has passages to King Arthur and the holy grail
Just a passage I found interesting:
Parzival heals the Fisher King Anfortas and becomes the new Grail King. It is revealed that Feirefiz cannot see the Holy Grail because he is not a Christian. He agrees to be baptised if it will help him in love, and as soon as he renounces his heathen god Jupiter, he can see the Grail. He marries the Grail bearer Repanse de Schoye, and after celebrating Parzival's coronation, Feirefiz and his new wife return to his lands in the east. Repanse gives birth to Prester John, and they preach Christianity through their kingdom.
Note: Quite a lot of Fisher ports & outposts (can be quite many different references)
* Corbenic (Carbone[c]k, Corbin) is the name of the Grail castle, the edifice housing the Holy Grail
Note: Also a Corbenic system

* From Perceval:
There are possible parallels in Perceval with the Irish mythological race of the Tuatha Dé Danann. The race has three central talismans- a spear, a cauldron, and a sword- that correlate with the spear, grail, and sword present in Perceval
* "the folk of the goddess Danu"
Note: Also a Danu system

Okai I have to stop reading. Information overflow.
So here we have Portugese explorers, Pole Star, The Holy Grail, King Arthur, Prester John

At first I find no references to ingame places. But later we start seeing both references to the Holy Grail as well as some obscure Irish Godess.
Why all these obscure ingame references?

Time for a break, do some flying and let the mind rest. o7

Last edited:
But again, in case Fdev has been clever perhaps we need to perform the 'the set of actions' within a timeframe of 30 days so it will be harder to discover the correct sequence.
If there is a set of sequences that is.

Without any hints, this would be nearly impossible.
Elite tracks hundreds of stats; furthest distance from starting point, total distance traveled, black markets traded with, total markets, kills, bounties, passengers, beacons, etc...
If they put an additional limiter, like do X combination within 30 days, that would be especially evil.

Without any hints, this would be nearly impossible.
Elite tracks hundreds of stats; furthest distance from starting point, total distance traveled, black markets traded with, total markets, kills, bounties, passengers, beacons, etc...
If they put an additional limiter, like do X combination within 30 days, that would be especially evil.
The hints are in the codex and lore and quite possibly there in game for us to see.
I'm just keeping my mind open to what kind of mechanics they may have used to trigger off any events.

Back
Top Bottom