Social hubs spread throughout the galaxy give Commanders the ideal place to plan their next move. Form alliances, procure services, and even find expert support in highly coveted Engineers. These public outposts also help you acquire and upgrade weapons and gear to perfect your playing style.
OK but where does it state 'spacewalk'?

I think he meant space legs/elite feet like just walking, not necessarily an actual space walk like our current astronauts do.
Understood, maybe I misinterpreted the description, there's a great difference between walking on planets and spacewalking. The use of the term insinuates a certain level of content which, as of late has yet to be confirmed.

Lest we not conflate the issue with our own interpretations. Spacewalks would be cool but...

Last edited:

Thwarptide

Banned
Understood, maybe I misinterpreted the description, there's a great difference between walking on planets and spacewalking. The use of the term insinuates a certain level of content which, as of late has yet to be confirmed.

Lest we not conflate the issue with our own interpretations. Spacewalks would be cool but...
FD made a video of the anticipated expansion to be released (wish I could find the link, sorry) but the main focus of the video was walking on planets and carrying weapons. There was nothing indicating space walking would be part of it, otherwise I'm sure it would have been in the video.
As far as engineers go, like ships, you can buy a space suit or support gear and weapon(s) then grind for engineering upgrades.

FD confirmed there will be new engineers for space walk equipment

Ah, was this in a livestream? I never have time to watch livestreams....
Ah, just read further posts. So it was in support of the Odyssey release trailer. Makes sense to have engineers support personal equipment. To those arguing against space walks I agree, current teaser does not indicate that as yet, but Star Citizen has space walk jet packs so there is commercial incentive for FD to come up with something similar (though from the Odyssey vid the personal movement is far more realistic than the clunky animation that SC currently has). We shall see come the next release (or maybe in another teaser vid........)
Personally I want a laser sniper rifle, those darned magpies woke me at 04:30 again! 😳🤬

Last edited:

@Rochester Sorry. I had no intention to claim spacewalks. I was referring to space legs. I thought your question was about the engineers. I hadn't realised you though I meant "space walks" when I said "space walks" :LOL: I will choose my jovial terms and word play better in the future :)

Last edited:
No, wake just sets your current target. I tried, couldn't.
Ok thanks for the quick reply. I’m guessing the permit is obtainable, however it probably has odd prerequisites as others have mentioned. I’m guessing that being allied with the Dark Wheel in Shinrata is the first prerequisite, followed by something else that nobody has figured out yet. Perhaps related to other permitted systems. I’ve searched many of those and found nothing though.

Has anyone identified any ships jumping into LFT 509 from any other system?

Yes, someone spotted npc jumping there (edit: oops, might have misremembered, it might have been Witch’s Reach) from near the station in Lawd 26
Edit: Before I got diverted onto my current quest hypothesis I was going to try to follow that wake and see if there is a random factor, say one in every hundred attempts you can get past the permit? Or perhaps the faction of the npc indicates the permit giver?

Last edited:
Yes, someone spotted npc jumping there from near the station in Lawd 26
Edit: Before I got diverted onto my current quest hypothesis I was going to try to follow that wake and see if there is a random factor, say one in every hundred attempts you can get past the permit? Or perhaps the faction of the npc indicates the permit giver?

I went to Crampton Installation in the Kaupolock system (closest system to LFT 509) and noticed a lot of ships High Waking to LFT 509. Can’t follow them. All are local factions to Kaupolock. I think the AI can jump to any nearby system and it may not relate to anything. I found Raxxla in that system too... you’ll laugh when you see it ;)

Here are some pics.
C0BAA9CB-E72A-4ABD-A186-25C0DBFBDA87.jpeg

Attachments

• 446FE66D-F354-432C-8C21-9846C4C5E53E.jpeg
    446FE66D-F354-432C-8C21-9846C4C5E53E.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom