Any theory is as good as any other, because it's not RL and everything in the game comes out of the FDevs mind and will (which has proved many times to be inconsistent).
The thing is ... Since MB and DW are out of the party, is there someone among the FDevs interested (and knowing the lore background) in continuing the Raxxla Quest at this moment ?
I doubt it. :rolleyes:

You found Raxxla!
Congratulations on winning 1 free paintjob from the Fdev store!
I think that's still overly optimistic.

Did Jesus create the quest for the Holy Grail?

Anything other than a wild goose chase wouldn't be a true quest. We know how much people like being lead on those and finding they've been misdirected, lied too and defrauded. Perhaps fdev have learned it's best to leave those alone.

"Let them eat static".

However unlike life this is fiction so there can be a payoff, "Raxxla is in game and we know where it is". Crow bait.

Sounds a lot like the joke "I know who you are and saw what you did".

Did Jesus create the quest for the Holy Grail?

Exactly. It doesn't matter if Frontier lacks the interest in the Raxxla Quest. As the game progresses, as players come and go, as the developers stop adding new features ... Raxxla will remain until it may be the only thing that keeps a few dedicated players logging in to play. Everything, eventually, will point to Raxxla.

Ever heard of Tibia? https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...as-been-a-mystery-for-12-years-now-its-solved

Been thinking ... it could be quite possible that the Guardian Ruins are somehow linked to Raxxla. Rafe Zetter did say that, on Raxxla, there is "an alien construct that's a gateway to other Universes".

So far we know of only two confirmed Alien races that have to potential technological advancement to create something on the level of Raxxla: The Thargoids or The Guardians. Perhaps the reason we can't find any living Guardians is because they used Raxxla to escape this particular Universe?

Chalk this up to just another one of my random musings. If Raxxla is connected to the Guardians then it is just a matter of time before someone pursuing that particular mystery stumbles upon it. Me? I'm going to proceed forward as though the Guardians and Raxxla are two separate things.

RAM TAH
RAX XLA

YES the guardian ruins and constructs are tied to Raxxla

o7

The idea of some Guardians making a last-minute gate to escape is a very romantic notion and it's something that might be very plausible. I don't think it currently fits with the uncovered text, but who knows, maybe the Constructs didn't get them all and a small group did escape via a gateway. Maybe the Constructs followed them and that's why we haven't yet (that we know of) run into the Constructs out there.

10/28: "I believe the Constructs determined that even if peace was restored the Guardians would never be able to transcend their violent natures. I believe they decided that the only way to preclude further violence – while giving their own burgeoning society the best possible chance of survival – was to destroy what remained of the Guardians’ civilisation. By this time, the Constructs had complete control of the Guardians’ munitions and automated war machines. Their attack, when it came, was swift and merciless. Strategic nuclear and chemical-weapon strikes were executed with a precision that only a machine race could accomplish. The few that survived were able to record what had happened, but they soon succumbed to radiation poisoning. The Guardians were utterly destroyed."

To support the idea there's a not-inconsiderable amount of entirely tinfoil circumstantial 'evidence' to suggest the PF might *already* be using Guardian technology, that's how they kept their edge all these years.

- It *is* remarkable how we're able to almost instantly reverse-engineer alien technologies and bolt them on to our ships and use them.
- It's amazing that Ram Tah almost instantly cracked the Guardian Language with no sort of Rosetta Stone.
- How he manged to make software to hack into alien databases.
- How we're able to activate long-dormant alien technology by just scanning it.
- How the energy produced by our SRV guns (the only ground vehicle allowed by PF members) happens to be the exact same type needed to charge the Guardian machines.
- It's a well known bit of tinfoil that the loading sequence on the ship UI is covered in what many people call "Guardian Triangles".
- It does seem possible that Ram Tah and Melville had prior knowledge of the Guardians and were both seeking something specific.

These things do many it seem almost exactly like the systems in use today by PF members is based on the same technology as the ancient relics we're finding now.

It's been said before how strange it is that the Guardians made bases thousands of lightyears Corewards but didn't make anything just few hundred lightyears spinwards (we've found nothing in or near the bubble, apparently).

Maybe early explorers *did* find a Guardian installation early on in Humanity's expansion and plundered it for technology - the genesis of TDW maybe - keeping the source of their riches secret, selling off a little bit at a time, never revealing the secret. Maybe after decades or more of research they cracked the data systems and eventually the language, or parts of it, learned of the existence of Raxxla, but not the location. Maybe they've plumbed the depths of what they can get from that tech and were unable to locate Raxxla after centuries of searching (presumably mentioned in the data archives of whatever tech they recovered) and so allowed Ram Tah to release some clues about the Guardians to the general public to essentially crowd-source a bigger search party.

Something like this would explain the near-apathy that everyone but us civilians seem to show to the Guardians. We (as a species) within the last 3 years have discovered an entirely new alien race which is strikingly similar to ourselves and uses remarkable and remarkably compatible technology to ourselves. They fought the same enemy we are and faced many of the challenged we do - yet the general response of the major powers has been "That's pretty cool, aliens huh? well...yes... carry on!". (Paraphrasing). There was nearly a civil war over Meta-Alloys, yet the powers haven't stations ships or research outposts or anything out at any of the Guardian ruins. The only sensible explanation is that they already know about the Guardians and it's non-news to them.

Don’t forget that LYR is setting up “a database of all human knowledge”, while the Powers are now developing “autonomous war machines”. Seems to me the subplot is that humanity is rushing headlong into reinventing a human equivalent ofthe Guardian AI which killed them off.......

Exactly. It doesn't matter if Frontier lacks the interest in the Raxxla Quest. As the game progresses, as players come and go, as the developers stop adding new features ... Raxxla will remain until it may be the only thing that keeps a few dedicated players logging in to play. Everything, eventually, will point to Raxxla.

Ever heard of Tibia? https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...as-been-a-mystery-for-12-years-now-its-solved

No and glad I hadn't.

There's one sure way to find Raxxla:
1. Immortality
2. Patience
3. Honk

To the first problem the "Jaiotu Raxxla Trust".
Now it's as good as done.

Maybe call it "The Club" or something.

To find an exact place in time of a 5+ -dimensional reality, you not only have to find linear coordinates, but you must traverse a maze of alternate realities. In a very specific order and in a very specific way.
For a specific acceleration: Knowing when to turn, how much for how long. (Knowing how much to nerf and when to boost)
The actual path defines the reality we end up in.

"Brilliance is when Raxxla is never ever found, but always sought, with plenty of clues that lead them on.... to something... and nothing.
It is the path to wherever it leads, that is what we seek. Not the actual end or the goal.
The road is better remembered than the final act or destination.
There is no destination, only a road of opportunity." - me

So... when it is good, we are Raxxling (or in a state of Raxxla). Raxxla is a way of life. (Some may think of it as the optimal way of life, or the optimal path, but it is(will become) rather The Road (The Never ending Quest)

Analogue to: Holy Grail, Shangri-La, El-Dorado etc... just out of reach, but you are (striving to get) always closer.

And... wait for it......
THE MEANING OF LIFE.

I spent a long, long, long time searching for Raxxla in both Elite and Elite Plus. Finding it in Elite: Dangerous may be just as impossible ... but I'll keep looking. Holdstock capture my imagination with it in
The Dark Wheel.
No reason to not follow that imagination.
And your imagination (and ours, and FD's) is the road that leads to whatever you may find. That is Raxxla.

And with these words I gave you all the key to reality itself. Happy living.

Last edited:
No and glad I hadn't.

There's one sure way to find Raxxla:
1. Immortality
2. Patience
3. Honk

To the first problem the "Jaiotu Raxxla Trust".
Now it's as good as done.

Maybe call it "The Club" or something.

To find an exact place in time of a 5+ -dimensional reality, you not only have to find linear coordinates, but you must traverse a maze of alternate realities. In a very specific order and in a very specific way.
For a specific acceleration: Knowing when to turn, how much for how long. (Knowing how much to nerf and when to boost)
The actual path defines the reality we end up in.

"Brilliance is when Raxxla is never ever found, but always sought, with plenty of clues that lead them on.... to something... and nothing.
It is the path to wherever it leads, that is what we seek. Not the actual end or the goal.
The road is better remembered than the final act or destination.
There is no destination, only a road of opportunity." - me

So... when it is good, we are Raxxling (or in a state of Raxxla). Raxxla is a way of life. (Some may think of it as the optimal way of life, or the optimal path, but it is(will become) rather The Road (The Never ending Quest)

Analogue to: Holy Grail, Shangri-La, El-Dorado etc... just out of reach, but you are (striving to get) always closer.

And... wait for it......
THE MEANING OF LIFE.

I spent a long, long, long time searching for Raxxla in both Elite and Elite Plus. Finding it in Elite: Dangerous may be just as impossible ... but I'll keep looking. Holdstock capture my imagination with it in The Dark Wheel. No reason to not follow that imagination.

I have a Robert Holdstock question (still thinking that Raxxla might be related to Holdstock's non-Elite literature).

The dedication at the beginning of his novel Mythago Wood reads:

For Sarah
cariath ganuch
trymllyd
bwystfil

Does anyone speak Welsh? Google translate renders this as "wolf shook a horrible beast" which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Highly doubt theres any knowledge to be gained from that dedication. It's probably a favourite bedtime story of his child they read up every night, or favourite food brand of his dog or something. Those dedications usually are. But who knows. :p

I have a Robert Holdstock question (still thinking that Raxxla might be related to Holdstock's non-Elite literature).

The dedication at the beginning of his novel Mythago Wood reads:

For Sarah
cariath ganuch
trymllyd
bwystfil

Does anyone speak Welsh? Google translate renders this as "wolf shook a horrible beast" which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Only the essentials - Diolch, Yaki Da, Popty Ping.

Anyway, another online translator comes up as Cariath wounded a horrible beast.

Cariath, seems to be a word for city, and part of the name of cities specifically biblical ones. Cariath Arba being Hebron for example.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...HwQ6AEINTAD#v=onepage&q=cariath welsh&f=false

Some speculation: Possibly it's a poetic reference to humanity becoming more civilised. Or, given the biblical slant, it may well have a bit more of a religious leaning and in that context be saying that the growth of Abrahimic cities (and the increase in followers of those religions) dealt a blow to the devil - (and translating that into historical reality it would in essence refer to the growth of some Abrahamic city states and their victories against other non-Abrahamic tribes and cities.).

Edit - Ninja'd on the translation by Bathuzad!

Last edited:
Only the essentials - Diolch, Yaki Da, Popty Ping.

Anyway, another online translator comes up as Cariath wounded a horrible beast.

Cariath, seems to be a word for city, and part of the name of cities specifically biblical ones. Cariath Arba being Hebron for example.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...HwQ6AEINTAD#v=onepage&q=cariath welsh&f=false

Some speculation: Possibly it's a poetic reference to humanity becoming more civilised. Or, given the biblical slant, it may well have a bit more of a religious leaning and in that context be saying that the growth of Abrahimic cities (and the increase in followers of those religions) dealt a blow to the devil - (and translating that into historical reality it would in essence refer to the growth of some Abrahamic city states and their victories against other non-Abrahamic tribes and cities.).

Edit - Ninja'd on the translation by Bathuzad!

/puff on

Very good our dear Thatchinho and if you apply that allusion of the righteous driving out the wicked to a Welsh context, what would it mean?

Correct, it means "frak the English!", as all good Welsh allusion do.

/puff off

/puff on

Very good our dear Thatchinho and if you apply that allusion of the righteous driving out the wicked to a Welsh context, what would it mean?

Correct, it means "frak the English!", as all good Welsh allusion do.

/puff off

Ha ha ha! Aw, come on mate, I'm only messing about Popty Ping! Surely you can let me have that one after the weekend! :)

Ha ha ha! Aw, come on mate, I'm only messing about Popty Ping! Surely you can let me have that one after the weekend! :)

I have no idea what "Popty Ping" could possibly mean ... therefore I'm assuming that it IS the key to finding Raxxla. Running it through a Caesar Cypher now to unlock the coordinates ...

I have no idea what "Popty Ping" could possibly mean ... therefore I'm assuming that it IS the key to finding Raxxla. Running it through a Caesar Cypher now to unlock the coordinates ...

,,,is welsh for microwave,,,

you could use it to warm up your [FONT=&quot]cariath ganuch

[/FONT]

Top Bottom