He said its like nothing else in game but so were the barnacles and the Guardian sites etc etc when first found so until we dont find another Im not sure how we'll know its it.

And what if he replies 'No, you didnt' ?

Mmm, where did he say that?
“I feel there is vital information that I haven’t been given”.... (Tremors 3 I believe 😎)

I had a look into the sheet and found INZAAN to be twice in galaxy 8. Is that a correct duplicate or is there one system missing in the 8th galaxy (and the duplicate is an error)?
… and by the way: QUBE is also in ED

Last edited:
That title is hugely misleading.
There are only a handful of original Elite star names that are also found in E: D.
The list (Googe Sheet) seems legit though, mirroring the effort we made of G1 & G2 system/star names when E: D 1.0 was released.

What I found about INZAAN in '84 Elite's galaxy 8 might not be bullet-proof, but as far as I get it its probably correct that galaxy 8 had two systems named INZAAN.
What I did: On Ian Bell's page i found a link to txtelite which claims to be a port to C of the original elte's trading system – along with the galaxies. Stripping only the galaxy generation code from that I could generate a list of all systems. That list matches the spreadsheet linked above well enough (It has some compile options, perhaps one can make it a perfect match?). The generated list also has two systems called INZAAN in galaxy 8. IMHO good enough…

I have been looking into finding new/undiscovered tourist beacons with possible lore/hints. (passenger missions like sight seeing missions seem to be how the game intended player to find lore stuff if they did not already know where to look.) Not certain if these are new, but the Beacon in Gabraceni (0323) seems to be broken (no text). The system has an 8th moon, and is basically 70 ly directly below the old worlds. The lack of text makes me think this TB should not have been spawning as a mission target, or is meant to reference something as yet undiscovered. ( it seems odd only this and the elephant trunk (invalid destination) mission target are bugged)

Tourist Spot 366 in HIP 90246 mentions both luck (possible indirect reference to trinkets?) and sinister black ships ( TDW or Inra?) operating nearby. (300k ls to the visitor beacon). There seems to be a persistent poi (blue circle) in the canyon, but landing a ship reasonably nearby was a pain. (I plan to go back latter in a smaller ship to look into it more).
Edit: went back in an Asp Explorer. Does not look to be truly persistant, but has a high spawn rate for pop up poi. Most poi were bog standard, but one i had not seen before (probalbly just a variant of the normal such pop up poi sites). It was a small sort of pyramid shaped building with a scannable data point in the form of a crashed satellite (not a nav beacon). This poi was not in the canyon, but in the flat region between them. Lots of POI were spawning in the canyon as well, but most were near impossible to get to. (the wall was to steep for the srv to deal with easily.
Screenshot_0342.jpg
HighResScreenShot_2020-11-18_04-32-19.jpg

Tourist Spot 127 in Olgrea mentions Mic Turner, and also has an 8th moon of a gas giant. (deep in Alliance space)

Last edited:
Tourist Beacons have been bugged but not heard missing text before so may be a new one. Traditionally they just so fast you cant catch them even if you try an ambush and wait for them.

(passenger missions like sight seeing missions seem to be how the game intended player to find lore stuff if they did not already know where to look.)

'You have to make some things kind of obvious so players know what they are doing...'.....'For those with eyes to see'...

BTW The Dark Wheel are now in Lave and fighting for survival in CZs if anyone wants to help out. Never thought in 1984 Id ever see the day that the Dark Wheel were in Lave. Also they are in Arque...with Palin....who iirc got attacked by Salome who may have been acting for DW at the time or may not....so not sure how happy he is atm either.....just couple of places to keep an eye on as ideal circumstances for a lore response, doesnt mean there will be one at all, no reason to think there will be, just its ideal and could happen.

And Ive got a side project about a possible missing abandoned base, I know something has bugged out, I know Frontier have confirmed the bug and given the 'correct' information, I also know they gave the wrong 'correct' information the first time they responded before it got 'cleared up'. Im just not sure we've got all the info or the correct info at all and there may be something else out there. I know others have looked originally in 2017 before getting the 'correct' info from Frontier, Im also pretty sure some systems havent been visited with an FSS. I shall waste my time there for bit to rule it out. Its probable almost certain theres nothing there and the whole thing was bugged from the start and not meant to be. But its a smaller search area than 'its in the Milky Way' for Raxxla. :)

Whats everyone else doing? Whats your latest mad idea or 3am enlightenment that made so much sense at the time?

I have been looking into finding new/undiscovered tourist beacons with possible lore/hints. (passenger missions like sight seeing missions seem to be how the game intended player to find lore stuff if they did not already know where to look.) Not certain if these are new, but the Beacon in Gabraceni (0323) seems to be broken (no text). The system has an 8th moon, and is basically 70 ly directly below the old worlds. The lack of text makes me think this TB should not have been spawning as a mission target, or is meant to reference something as yet undiscovered. ( it seems odd only this and the elephant trunk (invalid destination) mission target are bugged)

Tourist Spot 366 in HIP 90246 mentions both luck (possible indirect reference to trinkets?) and sinister black ships ( TDW or Inra?) operating nearby. (300k ls to the visitor beacon). There seems to be a persistant poi (blue circle) in the canyon, but landing a ship reasonably nearby was a pain. (I plan to go back latter in a smaller ship to look into it more).

Tourist Spot 127 in Olgrea mentions Mic Turner, and also has an 8th moon of a gas giant. (deep in Alliance space)

Sinister black ships you say ? Not TDW or INRA, I think it could be Black Flight, definitely worth investigating , nice find !

Tourist Beacons have been bugged but not heard missing text before so may be a new one. Traditionally they just so fast you cant catch them even if you try an ambush and wait for them.

<snipped>

Whats everyone else doing? Whats your latest mad idea or 3am enlightenment that made so much sense at the time?

Jorki’s having a rest. Tyko’s mission is to travel slowly to Sag A* (told him to send a postcard when he gets there), and make his way up to Goliath’s Rest (one of the three highest Carbon Stars in EDSM) and then investigate BH and NS in the vicinity in an attempt to reach TDW recognition (possible interpretation of the Toast). Travel is slow because he has inherited Jorki’s genetic condition-arthritic thumbs/wrists and RSI. I blame those clone masters on Teorge!

Plus I’ve got some jobs to do IRL......

Played a couple of hours with the CH hotas so far. Decided to put the VKB dual sticks up for sale (a fair bargain at £500), but there seems to be no “for sale” section in the forum now. And also what happened to the astronomy section??

Jorki’s having a rest. Tyko’s mission is to travel slowly to Sag A* (told him to send a postcard when he gets there), and make his way up to Goliath’s Rest (one of the three highest Carbon Stars in EDSM) and then investigate BH and NS in the vicinity in an attempt to reach TDW recognition (possible interpretation of the Toast). Travel is slow because he has inherited Jorki’s genetic condition-arthritic thumbs/wrists and RSI. I blame those clone masters on Teorge!

Plus I’ve got some jobs to do IRL......

Played a couple of hours with the CH hotas so far. Decided to put the VKB dual sticks up for sale (a fair bargain at £500), but there seems to be no “for sale” section in the forum now. And also what happened to the astronomy section??
This?

@ Macros: Thanks but no, that’s in-game exploration. There used to be “other” “non-game” sections for IRL astronomy discussion, items for sale, hardware (that’s where all the joystick/hotas discussions were), etc.

I’ve got a Celestron telescope that I haven’t used for a few years that I ought to sell as well as the VKB dual joysticks, and also four glass mirror blanks (with a free “mirror-o-matic” mirror-grinding machine that I constructed & never used & want to see go to a good home). I just need to declutter my life!! (Got rid of the wife 30 years ago, so nobody to nag me until I do so myself😁).

can you remind us what tips we had?
I remember that we have phrases - the door is the key. This is a journey that everyone must go through on their own.

this is genius!
I took the word Raxxla, split it into three chemical elements, took ordinal numbers, it turned out 88 20 57, for each digit I assigned a letter from the alphabet, it turned out hhb _ EG
after that I again turned to the chemical table - it turned out like this O2 He B N
and again turned to the alphabet ... it turned out so 151585214 or 151/585/214.
dead end again, but it was interesting)

Back
Top Bottom