beacon 0184 indicates first contact with thargoids, right? But in lighthouse 0187 there is already a mention of thargoids. The difference there is 300-400 years ...

It doesn't say Thargoids were proved to have been responsible. It reads like:

"Why did 13 ships vanish?"
"erm...... aliens?...... oh, BTW, here's a massive military fleet which we can place here because of 'aliens'"

It doesn't say Thargoids were proved to have been responsible. It reads like:

"Why did 13 ships vanish?"
"erm...... aliens?...... oh, BTW, here's a massive military fleet which we can place here because of 'aliens'"
I'm talking about something else. So it was known about the thargoids a very long time ago, once the word is mentioned in the lighthouse not aliens, but thargoids. So beacon 0184 is lying to some extent, this was not the first contact. If I understood everything correctly.

Thargoids are described into initial paper novel actually. That was some humanoids. And it was some another race which were slightly different then thargoids.
People were collecting thargoids' eggs and making deadly pilots from them for own human ships.
Some when later on thargoids became "big live ships".

Thargoids are described into initial paper novel actually. That was some humanoids. And it was some another race which were slightly different then thargoids.
People were collecting thargoids' eggs and making deadly pilots from them for own human ships.
Some when later on thargoids became "big live ships".
Thargoids aren't their ships, their ships are just organic/biological technology. In lore, the Thargoids are an insectoid species but had a war between their two different factions/races. Oresrians and Klaxxians.

There's some speculation on it here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...xians-how-it-likely-all-fits-together.379574/

Breakdown of the themes within all novels connected to Elite (inc. Dark Wheel and Alien World). Raxxla NOT mentioned in the ED kickstarter novels at all - only the non-canon Dark Wheel novella and the book which is not related to Elite at all other than as the place where the idea of Raxxla came from, The Alien World.

Spoilers, btw...

Breakdown of the themes within all novels connected to Elite (inc. Dark Wheel and Alien World). Raxxla NOT mentioned in the ED kickstarter novels at all - only the non-canon Dark Wheel novella and the book which is not related to Elite at all other than as the place where the idea of Raxxla came from, The Alien World.
Raxxla is mentioned extensively in-game though (has its own section in the Codex).

Spoilers, btw...

Nice summary. They are missing one book. Imprint by Andy Redman, that came with Elite+. It does not mention Raxxla, but it explains a bit about the first Thargoid conflict. It also expalins GalCop and it's roll in the greater Galaxy. It's the first indication that something exist outside the eight original maps.

I have a question, in what year did the Thargoids become known? (from the history of the game).
tell me since 2150 what was the maximum jump for ships?

I'm not sure, but I have a clue.

2849 according to the Beacon

3125 according to the Codex

Or the other way round:) The new date of 3125 was corrected on one source but not the other iirc. Implies the original date was 2849 and the new date was 3125...which the Halloween story may back up as may be based on the 'known' 3125 timeline.

Its a question to ask the CM tomorrow in the AMA thread.

When we play FFE it's clear

FFE can be ignored if it doesnt match. Only info in the current game and current official sources is canon. If theres something in game that contradicts or doesnt match up just throw the old info out the window and use the new. So the timeline is.

3125 Thargoid 'first contact'. Officially publicly known. Hints of earlier contact but no video evidence or proof. Some hints from certain events that have moved that actual date forward a decade...the first 'proof' of aliens but it was kept hidden for years until another contact was recorded and released by someone else. We all know what I mean, no need to spoil it.

3150's Mycoid Virus used for the 1st time, the whole history of how it was discovered etc is out there, this is meant to be the lore obviously. No explanation of any previous conflicts, if they happened, or any 'breaks' or pauses in the war if they happened. I think the whole 'pause' has been moved forward to now, we have used the Mycoid once and are awaiting the comeback now. its taken 150 years for the Thargs to recover and the Scavengers imply they can now remove the virus.

So FFE end is kind of right, but the history up to that point may not be, if it dont match just chuck it as retcon.

Nice summary. They are missing one book. Imprint by Andy Redman, that came with Elite+. It does not mention Raxxla, but it explains a bit about the first Thargoid conflict. It also expalins GalCop and it's roll in the greater Galaxy. It's the first indication that something exist outside the eight original maps.
I was not aware of that one, thanks :D

The original manual does hint at there being stuff outside the eight maps as well, but it’s not stated explicitly and is more something that’s inferrable with the benefit of hindsight.

Main bit’s here:

55A546A8-8C82-4E97-AA75-4178C4C8EEF1.jpeg

There’s a few other bits that supplement it in other parts. Again nothing explicit though.

2849 according to the Beacon

3125 according to the Codex

Or the other way round:) The new date of 3125 was corrected on one source but not the other iirc. Implies the original date was 2849 and the new date was 3125...which the Halloween story may back up as may be based on the 'known' 3125 timeline.

Its a question to ask the CM tomorrow in the AMA thread.

FFE can be ignored if it doesnt match. Only info in the current game and current official sources is canon. If theres something in game that contradicts or doesnt match up just throw the old info out the window and use the new. So the timeline is.

3125 Thargoid 'first contact'. Officially publicly known. Hints of earlier contact but no video evidence or proof. Some hints from certain events that have moved that actual date forward a decade...the first 'proof' of aliens but it was kept hidden for years until another contact was recorded and released by someone else. We all know what I mean, no need to spoil it.

3150's Mycoid Virus used for the 1st time, the whole history of how it was discovered etc is out there, this is meant to be the lore obviously. No explanation of any previous conflicts, if they happened, or any 'breaks' or pauses in the war if they happened. I think the whole 'pause' has been moved forward to now, we have used the Mycoid once and are awaiting the comeback now. its taken 150 years for the Thargs to recover and the Scavengers imply they can now remove the virus.

So FFE end is kind of right, but the history up to that point may not be, if it dont match just chuck it as retcon.
The original Beacon was 2849, current one is 3125.

Codex says 2849, the pre-2.4 lore summary says 3125.

It could do with clearing up, but they’re all fairly clear that it’s not the actual first contact anyway, so it’s not too big a problem all told.

Probably nothing but it seems Drew may have thrown in a reference to Crimson Military Uniform Cmdr Hexion in Premonition. When Salome and Hassan are in the orbital graveyard they see a body entombed in a crystalline structure wearing a Crimson Military Uniform. Just a link I noticed. I was wondering why that tomb was included in Premonition.

Apologies if you saw this, I was reading your log on mobile and the format was distorted a bit.

was going to get back to my hypothesis testing today, however RL got in the way, again!
However it looks like I might have resolved my screenshot-crashing-the-game problem by uninstalling the graphics card & waiting for Win10 to reinstall it.

Top Bottom