The Star Citizen Thread V10

Just watched the vid...propaganda tool :)

Making inappropriate and desperate comparisons with 2 very succesful and very polished (and released) games from Rockstar..in the case of RDR2... which was internally budgeted and funded by an established developer/producer and netted $725 million for Rockstar in the first 2 days on sale...really?

These comparisons...and they seem to be a stable 'look what they spent' comparison from the Star Citizen cultists, they aren't mercilessly ridiculed nearly enough in my book. The only relevant comparison between SC and RDR2 is that for exactly the same time in devlopment, Ci¬G has netted almost $300 million and produced absolutely nothing of note bar a buggy tech demo...

Rockstar, with no crowd funded silliness produced possibly, the game of the decade (notwithstanding CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077) and netted Rockstar (to date) $2.71 billion in sales.

Although I'm more than biased toward Rockstar and a massive fan of RDR2...I still say, compare that lot culty-bois...figures don't lie... and don't be dissin' my cowboy game :)
LOL, they are trying to compare SC to GTA and RDR2? Oh boy, are they deluded.

it is comforting that none of this game mechanics have been created after 7 years of development.
What are you talking about?

Prospecting a site and getting the stuff is already in. So is selling. You see a good number of those points is already implemented. Not bad for an alpha eh? Stop hatin.....

That be over 10 million units shipped. On two platforms. PC is not released yet - or is it? Quite impressive.
I heartily agree with this review...and there are a lot of them in a similar vein from practically every game review publication on the planet. Ci¬G haven't a hope of ever reaching this level.

Electronic Gaming Monthly wrote: "Criticisms often come easier than compliments, but in the case of Red Dead Redemption 2, I am at a loss. This is one of the most gorgeous, seamless, rootinest, tootinest games ever made, and if you voluntarily miss out on it, you're either not a gamer or in a coma."

We still (hopefully) have the PC release to come....and I'll go and buy it again.

Last edited:
I heartily agree with this review...and there are a lot of them in a similar vein from practically every game review publication on the planet. Ci¬G haven't a hope of ever reaching this level.

Electronic Gaming Monthly wrote: "Criticisms often come easier than compliments, but in the case of Red Dead Redemption 2, I am at a loss. This is one of the most gorgeous, seamless, rootinest, tootinest games ever made, and if you voluntarily miss out on it, you're either not a gamer or in a coma."

We still (hopefully) have the PC release to come....and I'll go and buy it again.
Not gonna miss out...just waiting for the PC port cuz I cant be bothered with a console.....MASTER RACE WOHOOOO...sorry no folks, you small peasents have rights too /love

wait...is that a field of heavy gas lying on the surface or a body of water?

gas: why isnt it disturbed with whirls when moving through?
water: why do the textures look so crappy as if its from 10 years ago?

Whers teh fiDALITY?

Is this in-editor or on the PU?

Maybe there’s already 50 systems it’s just people haven’t discovered the jump points yet.
Well, we cannot know since we have not yet found jump points yet since they are not yet created.

I mean, it's entirely possible that a team that creates systems have the DATA for the systems with everything but not actually created them.

For some reason i cannot see how they would NOT have at least all the core data for all the systems done with 500 staff where perhaps 2% of the staff could work on that.

Why are they (at this stage) not simply (heh :D) just creating 500 basic (i.e. topological but blank bar a texture) with jump points as placeholders and test load balancing that way? Right now dev time is crammed into buffing nose hair on 2 moons, they really need to see how travel mechanics works in everyday gaming (and what gameplay time is available / need to be filled during quantum waits).

If the game engine can't deal with 500 balls in space by now then SC is doomed, properly (and not ED Doomed which is doomed but not Doomed™)

Why are they (at this stage) not simply (heh :D) just creating 500 basic (i.e. topological but blank bar a texture) with jump points as placeholders and test load balancing that way? Right now dev time is crammed into buffing nose hair on 2 moons, they really need to see how travel mechanics works in everyday gaming (and what gameplay time is available / need to be filled during quantum waits).

If the game engine can't deal with 500 balls in space by now then SC is doomed, properly (and not ED Doomed which is doomed but not Doomed™)
Because CIG has a very unique development style...superior to every other company on the planet cant you see that due to all the awesome-sauce results they have produced so far? I mean it MUST be the reason for people to continue burning through their hard earned cash to support this project so Sandi can buy mansions right?

It is a depth i would love to see in Elite so that one could actively tag important finds and literally create in-game content for other players like custom community events.
Well, the first part is in... And I do hope fleet carriers will fulfill the second. But I can be wrong.

Well, we cannot know since we have not yet found jump points yet since they are not yet created.

I mean, it's entirely possible that a team that creates systems have the DATA for the systems with everything but not actually created them.

For some reason i cannot see how they would NOT have at least all the core data for all the systems done with 500 staff where perhaps 2% of the staff could work on that.
Well, I'd logically think the same, but we all know how CIG work: they say something and years later they admit they haven't think about it yet. I doubt they forethought that further than a lore text file.

Last edited:
Top Bottom