The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Aren't the tanks some bizarre blend of the modern Israeli Merkava (limited Infantry carrying capability) with the "ain't it cool-ness" of the Aliens APC's folding turret?

Other than being the size of a large building, it is pretty standard stuff:

TMBL_HeavyTank_ShotD_TL04.jpg

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/nova-tank/Nova

You might be thinking of the Ursa, which has a small turret the "deploys".

Turret "stored":
sJS0kYG.jpg

Turret "deployed":

Ext_frontjpg-0.jpg

Goose4291

Banned
Beautiful design - that lovely glacis deliberately shaped to funnel as much spall as physically possible directly to the most vulnerable part of the tonk!

A favorite of mine: You are designing an off road vehicle and decide to use an offset hub for the wheel/tire. Of course you off set it to the bottom of the wheel so you have even worse ground clearance than if you went with a normal hub in the center of the wheel.

800px-Cyclone_in_RandY_-_Front_Starboard.jpg

A favorite of mine: You are designing an off road vehicle and decide to use an offset hub for the wheel/tire. Of course you off set it to the bottom of the wheel so you have even worse ground clearance than if you went with a normal hub in the center of the wheel.

Well, its rule of cool, and i have nothing against that per se. Rule of cool can be fun.

Yeah, but when the wheel rotates to the top you have more clearance than if it were in the middle.

Checkmate fudster, you are dismissed!!

ETA your comment was so good i quoted it twice.

But regrettably you are still dismissed!

Last edited:
Beautiful design - that lovely glacis deliberately shaped to funnel as much spall as physically possible directly to the most vulnerable part of the tonk!
Aye...as a former tank soldier, I wouldn't be getting in that Sabot round magnet without a pair of steel underpants.

Even the bane of my life, the massively underpowered Chieftain dozer tank I used to drive in the 70's was a step up from that Merkhava-clone-space-tank thing :oops:

i3e25KG.jpg

Goose4291

Banned
Aye...as a former tank soldier, I wouldn't be getting in that Sabot round magnet without a pair of steel underpants.

Even the bane of my life, the massively underpowered Chieftain dozer tank I used to drive in the 70's was a step up from that Merkhava-clone-space-tank thing :oops:

i3e25KG.jpg

To be fair, it's not the Merkhava's fault.

It is designed to run into the Gaza strip and act as an hybrid MBT-IFV, and face off at worst against a couple of idiots lugging an RPG.

I’m not sure I understand the mentality of releasing hover mode to the masses when it clearly isn’t ready. It comes across as a little desperate,surely they knew their critics would have a field day?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom