The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well there is a bit of a difference between fully audited FD accounts and SC's "tracker" - the only part of which we can check is audited being the UK operation.

Well, the biggest difference is that Clown Imperium Games is run as a LLC, who is only allowed to sell shares, while the other one (FDEV) is a public limited liability company (PLC) which stocks are traded publicly at the LSE including all the responsibilities which come with that.

Last edited:
And the point is, no matter how often it's pointed out what the topic of the thread is, some parties seem incapable to stay away from discussing a completely different game and a completely different company.
It's obvious that shillitzens try to derail the thread with off-topic garbage, when disliked information shows up.

That's why the ignore list is such a valuable tool: It filters all the thread sliding boilerplate, so you don't miss the actual info.

It's obvious that shillitzens try to derail the thread with off-topic garbage, when disliked information shows up.

That's why the ignore list is such a valuable tool: It filters all the thread sliding boilerplate, so you don't miss the actual info.

Let me guess… SC thread v.9 was, oh, about 4 pages long for you? :p

Regarding on gamedev opinions many devs I worked with appreciated SC. Some are skeptical sure but and some support it. The guys at Paradox Development Studio got inspired by SC for example. Especially for Stellaris.

Oh interesting edit here. Particularly interesting that you chose Stellaris :D

Here's the Stellaris Game Director Martin 'Wiz' Anward over on SA, discussing SC:

Wiz said:
The games industry can be a surprisingly small world. Everyone goes to the same conventions and parties and because there are a lot of studios that aren't great to work at, rumor tends to spread quickly about which places you want to delete the recruitment letters from. From everything I've heard personally from colleagues, CIG is pretty poorly regarded even compared to some of the most soul-grinding AAA studios. Also, it has the stink of failure - nobody wants to get on a sinking ship. (source)

Wiz said:
I am pretty smug, but honestly Star Citizen is just kind of really funny. It's the perfect amalgamation of so many things that are wrong about the games industry, and whenever it's brought up in any gathering of game devs it's good for a few laughs and stories about terrible bosses. (source)

…..selling that many shares to Tencent should also be looked at with caution as well.

Backer of Star Citizen gives financial advice to multi-million pound successful games development company.

I'm crackin' up here.

Let me guess… SC thread v.9 was, oh, about 4 pages long for you? :p
:D I got all the info I needed though. The CitCon commentary, the free flight, the lawsuit update, the Cayman Islands shenanigans (totally not a scam, guys!).

But I read absolutely nothing about ED neither in this thread nor in the previous one. Either it has been moderated away before I showed up or being filtered. I'm fine with that, there is a whole forum for discussing ED. ;)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
A private company is entitled to transfer shares. I don't see anything wrong with that. I would be more worried if they lost the clear majority of shares. Which they haven't. Additionally the income of SC through crowdfunding is increasing as the game is coming together. There would be much more concern if funding was down and even then capital reserves in companies generally allow for another year of operations.

SC is likely to hit the 40 million barrier this year. That is more than Frontiers's 2018 revenue report. https://www.frontier.co.uk/annual-report#ar_highlights_kpis

I believe you missed those FDEV 34.2 are in gbp?

Also, do you know if the CIG tracker figure has been publicly audited by any external independent party? Do you think that CIG figure is really accurate?

Last edited:

Here's the Stellaris Game Director Martin 'Wiz' Anward over on SA, discussing SC:

I don't think you got the point. Obviously Paradox was inspired by SC how not to do it.

You both miss the point, ofc Stellaris was inspired by Crobear!
Look guys, what I've found after a short net research:

Things Crobear did while developing SC:
  • Solved the global warming
  • Became Peace Nobel Price Winner, because SC ended all wars.
  • Created the world in just seven days.
  • SC inspired the NASA to actually go to the moon!
  • Developed the Saturn V rocket and also the Space Shuttle.
  • Every game since 2011 was secretly developed by CR or at least inspired by his Holyness.
  • Founded the "Westboro Church of Gimme yo money" and became their first Holyness
  • Established contact to another species from the planet Comanndo 2011
  • Has forgiven both DS and DBOBE for not being Crobear.

Mandatory: /s

Last edited:
A private company is entitled to transfer shares. I don't see anything wrong with that. I would be more worried if they lost the clear majority of shares. Which they haven't. Additionally the income of SC through crowdfunding is increasing as the game is coming together. There would be much more concern if funding was down and even then capital reserves in companies generally allow for another year of operations.

SC is likely to hit the 40 million barrier this year. That is more than Frontiers's 2018 revenue report. https://www.frontier.co.uk/annual-report#ar_highlights_kpis

Mr Nowak,

I am told that they spend $3.9 million per month which is $46.8mil per year. I can not vouch for this figure but is was the latest one that I heard on December 1st this year

And any proof that he is the real Martin Anward? Just making sure. I will also hit him up about it. DDRJake in his playthrough stated his fascination and appreciation of the project in this livestream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYUt10qx14k and mentioned that Stellaris was inspired by SC too. So there is that. DDRJake is the designer of Europa Universalis IV.

Last edited:
You both miss the point, ofc Stellaris was inspired by Crobear!
Look guys, what I've found after a short net research:

Things Crobear did while developing SC:
  • Solved the global warming
  • Became Peace Nobel Price Winner, because SC ended all wars.
  • Created the world in just seven days.
  • SC inspired the NASA to actually go to the moon!
  • Developed the Saturn V rocket and also the Space Shuttle.
  • Every game since 2011 was secretly developed by CR or at least inspired by his Holyness.
  • Founded the "Westboro Church of Gimme yo money" and became their first Holyness
  • Established contact to another species from the planet Comanndo 2011
  • Has forgiven both DS and DBOBE for not being Crobear.

Mandatory: /s

I think you are exaggerating a bit now.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom