The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The speed with which this thread moves is astonishing. I try and keep up but...
I don't see anything worthwhile to discuss. I might revisit for Derek's next blog or the "Holiday livestream" or whatever, but I think now it's time to forget about this no-show and move on.

<emerges coughing and spluttering from a lulzbucket>

Armagerd!!!

<reaches for another lulzbucket and dives straight in>

Be careful! Those lulz might have too much fidelity in them and you do not want too much of that in your system as you may get too far immersed you may succumb to wavy hands!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's rubbish. I already posted about that on SA.

I know that they do have investors - and - loans. In one of my blogs I mentioned that the loans and investor amounts, assuming the funding chart is even accurate (it's not), could very well push their funding to well over $150 million by now.

The question everyone should be asking is, why would they need to even have loans?

If the recent well-timed Polaris cash grab wasn't an indication that they need to keep raising money, then people aren't paying attention.

I give a benefit of a doubt and say CIG may have borrow money just to create a credit history for the firm, it always look good when you borrowed a loan and repaid it on time. An it good for future stability of the firm to have some overdraft and loan facility at a bank that they can access in the future.

I give a benefit of a doubt and say CIG may have borrow money just to create a credit history for the firm, it always look good when you borrowed a loan and repaid it on time. An it good for future stability of the firm to have some overdraft and loan facility at a bank that they can access in the future.

That's IF the loans are with a bank. If they went with venture capital or commercial financing, they may be dealing with a whole different situation.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the crowds reaction if they had something like this to show at Citizencon 2016?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKrOGj_94g

We've come full circle. 4(5?) years ago CR presented everyone with a fantasy that only existed in his head made with a graphics engine. 4(5?) years and $120M later CR just presented everyone with a fantasy that only exists in his head made with a graphics engine. Except this time it was less polished and buggy. That's progress.

We've come full circle. 4(5?) years ago CR presented everyone with a fantasy that only existed in his head made with a graphics engine. 4(5?) years and $120M later CR just presented everyone with a fantasy that only exists in his head made with a graphics engine. Except this time it was less polished and buggy. That's progress.

I wonder what happened.......

<distant whispers>

Buy a Polaris

Last edited:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...his-community-the-internet-people-journalists

What is wrong with you people?

This post made my day.

But my MVP choice definitely is this one:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ournalists-and-others-who-want-to-see-us-burn

I loved this because I had to read three times to count the instances of the word/verb "dream".

So that first forum post was edited by a moderator, but is quoted in full farther down the thread. Yikes...people are really mad!

Believe in the dream!

Disbelieve in what any other nobody might type out on the internet!

Follow the dream!

Follow your own instincts and be a part of the greatest gaming experience that will ever be!

Buy into the dream!

Don't buy into anything that isn't part of the SC dream!

Preserve the dream!

Dislike anything that isn't part of the SC dream!

Respect the dream!

Worship everything and anything related to the dream. Consider all undreamlike things to be heretical apostates.

Further the dream!

Buy a Polaris!

Even if nothing gets released in 5 or 6 years, or ever - it'll still be worth it - we will have journeyed with the dream :D and been part of the mind of Roberts!

Last edited:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...his-community-the-internet-people-journalists

This post made my day.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ournalists-and-others-who-want-to-see-us-burn

I loved this because I had to read three times to count the instances of the word/verb "dream".

Err...

"I believe, we can stay passionate Kashmir and objective spikes in the carpet but foremost let's stay fair to ourselves and to others."

Well, that was... words...

[video=youtube;pus6XF_qh38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pus6XF_qh38[/video]

It's weird to see even SC backers openly wonder about the shill posts on their own forums.

Good to see some level of healthy criticism to start to blossom.

I have no idea what you just said.
The problem is there are lot of people wich do not know much about gamedevelopment do have opinion non the less. Also Dev do diver.
CIG have yet to release a game. Until they do, 'triple A' is pure fantasy. Making claims regarding the lack of competition meaningless.
Triple A means huge budged wich means large asset team wich you can produse lots of assets and with that the stand apart from smaller scope games.
There is no other Space sim project with a huge budged.

The only "triple A" thing about SC is the budget.

You're probably right though about on the "triple A scale" there is no competition because I'm not aware of any "triple A" budgeted games close to SC's budget that have failed so hard.
that showing your true colors you claim they have faild. Correctly would be opinion of they might are failing. But are they ? I don't know that? But it is is it it with making games it we don't have exact insight in there finansial status and if the got enough reserves to go on for 3 Year. Failure is fact if cancelation. Is fact.
How many star systems can you explore with your "space legs" in SC? Scratch that. How many planets? Scratch that. How many space stations? Okay, go!
They build tech foundation and at some point they are producing the assets with some help PGC for some quantity.
Triple A are normaly Productions aimed at massmarket as they need huge sales so are prefered done on game project with very well known IP and genres that have proof of sucsesfull games.
I don't think EA or Activision see space genre as healthy the need this proof a space sim multi milion seller. SC is not that 1,5 mil backer is proof of interrest from the market. But not 10 mil sucses hit triple A funding needs for proof of huge market for this genre. So Microsoft might find it to risky to do Freelancer II
It's weird to see even SC backers openly wonder about the shill posts on their own forums.

Good to see some level of healthy criticism to start to blossom.
It make sense that it isn't that black or white. Between haters and fans there are manny shades with neutrals in the middel. The fans and hater are the most loudy.

But wenn SC is out and it becomes a sales hit. Publisher might want infest in triple A projects with strong IP in Space sim genre. Most gamers get into it wenn there is review from the release build and review is good.

SuperG, ED *will* have space legs, at this point pretty soon now. It is planned feature.

CR knows very well ED *is* competition. Major one.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well… aside from the efforts from Activision and EA, out soon (no ™).
Can we stop saying Mass Effect is space sim? It is space opera RPG. Story driven content, from best AAA story RPG developers.

This post made my day.

Not a cult. At all :D

I am feeling so sorry for "regular" SC fanbase. They didn't pay for it and they certainly don't deserve it.

Fever dreams deleted

The always ready excuse - just don't understand "game" development. Except I am well versed in software development, and it's the same path. Games are software.

My true colors are that this is Genuine Roberts. Over promise, run way over budget, way over scope creep, and failing to deliver.

When SC comes out... something will plop out no doubt... its going to be a flop that makes NMS look like the best game ever.

Last edited:
Even if nothing gets released in 5 or 6 years, or ever - it'll still be worth it - we will have journeyed with the dream :D and been part of the mind of Roberts!

Scam of the lifetime! Don't miss it! Buy a Polaris/Sandworm/Roberts underpants NOW!

The always ready excuse - just don't understand "game" development. Except I am well versed in software development, and it's the same path. Games are software.

My true colors are that this is Genuine Roberts. Over promise, run way over budget, way over scope creep, and failing to deliver.

When SC comes out... something will plop out no doubt... its going to be a flop that makes NMS look like the best game ever.

If CR will continue down this road there won't be anything to release to.

Either fans push back and request MVP in next year or SC "dream" is done.

Can we stop saying Mass Effect is space sim? It is space opera RPG. Story driven content, from best AAA story RPG developers.

Fair enough. It's a space sim in much the same way as SC is, though, so if we're going to talk about “competition” in that already very loose sense, then it seems pretty apt to bring it up.

Fair enough. It's a space sim in much the same way as SC is, though, so if we're going to talk about “competition” in that already very loose sense, then it seems pretty apt to bring it up.

Major issue is that SC wants to be "everything", and Andromeda will have space buggy and walking action like in Mass Effect 1, so comparisons aren't fully unjustified, but still...incredibly different games :D

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom