The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don´t now if some of you guys maybe watching TechCity but in this last episode of Tech Lounge Brian touch the subject of the SC so here it is.....

[video=youtube;wjE2t1HWNHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjE2t1HWNHg[/video]

Starts at 18:20-22:00(if you have a spare time and you like Tech-talks....watch the whole show)

Last edited:
Intergalactic Aerospace Expo, Day Three: Drake
Star Citizen: Galactic Tour Drake Ships

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...-Intergalactic-Aerospace-Expo-Day-Three-Drake

the-grand-tour-620x349.png

:rolleyes:

Hmm.
The thought occurs that they may be *trying* to get sued, so when the plug gets pulled they can blame someone else for ruining it...
[???]

I mean, this is pretty clearly an intentional nod to the Grand Tour (considering the livestream was on the same day as the first episode was released), especially if you actually watch the segments after the logo. It's not like they're fervently hoping nobody will notice the super-subtle similarities.

The Prowler, on the other hand... :D

Just saw the Star Marine preview video.

Pros: I didn't fall asleep, overall 1st person perspective starts to look satisfying
Cons: everything is meh... Basically it sounds like a prettier yet embryonic ripoff of Interstellar Marines

[video=youtube_share;H_DonbNVfPk]https://youtu.be/H_DonbNVfPk[/video]

Let's hope it will really be used as a testbed to implement and iterate FP component in the game. Though given what happened to Arena Commander I won't bet too much.

I mean, this is pretty clearly an intentional nod to the Grand Tour (considering the livestream was on the same day as the first episode was released), especially if you actually watch the segments after the logo. It's not like they're fervently hoping nobody will notice the super-subtle similarities.

The Prowler, on the other hand... :D

That's the thing - there's so little original stuff in there it's hard to tell when they're being self aware and ironic, and when they're just pinching stuff because they can't come up with a new thought between them.

Still, I'm sure when they release the wedge-shaped 'Cobram K3' for $379.72 it'll sell like hot cakes.

Last edited:
That's the thing - there's so little original stuff in there it's hard to tell when they're being self aware and ironic, and when they're just pinching stuff because they can't come up with a new thought between them.
Whilst in a lot of cases I agree, when they've literally used the logo, (a variant of) the music, riffed on the "Amazon Original" line and put a Definitely Not Clarkson as the presenter... I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. :p

Still, I'm sure when they release the wedge-shaped 'Cobram K3' for $379.72 it'll sell like hot cakes.

This. It is fine to play tongue in cheek with popular things, there's nothing wrong with that.

It feels very 'wrong' and desperate at best when you pull this stunt over and over again. Either your marketing team needs to be fired, or you management.

It's boring and awkward at best.

This is obviously a business agreement between Amazon and SC, they wouldn´t be allowed to use a logo this similar. Amazon would sue them into the eternity of space.

This makes it even worse for me, because it looks like a business model for SC. What´s next? Future Coca Cola ads?

This is obviously a business agreement between Amazon and SC, they wouldn´t be allowed to use a logo this similar. Amazon would sue them into the eternity of space.

This makes it even worse for me, because it looks like a business model for SC. What´s next? Future Coca Cola ads?

Lack of originality does not bother me on this, using resources to create another piece of fluff when there's still a game to get out the door, does bother me a bit.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom