This show how good FPS can be

Good FPS is Good

In space:
1626969284136.png

At settlement.
1626969275995.png

oooh you meant FPS as in First Person Shooter... Still not great.

* I also love how some of the locked cabinets have two sliding doors to open (@21:30)

Yeah, but they are pretty poor NPC's, not to mention bullet sponges unless you grind and grind to better gear.
I generally don't find jumping and running around like a headless chicken good FPS either.

Generally, there are much much better first person shooters out there already, in their masses I will add. But hey, now we have a low effort one added to the mix.

Last edited:
So what you're implying is that people call the FPS bit crap because they're bad at it? That doesn't seem like honest feedback.
I mean, objectively, EDO FPS aspect is lacking. Few guns, poor "switching" mechanics, basic AI, limited game mode, nearly non existent balance, OP gear at max vs trash at minimum engineering.

It's OK for a minigame in ED, but it would get laughed at by everyone as a game in itself.

This is all true, just a shame so many complaints are that it’s too difficult.
I feel it's unbalanced.
Death is incredibly frustrating and yet easy to occur on ground. Since your gear is trash early on, it's even worse. Eventually, you are pushed into the easy solution : nuke everything from ship/srv. And it's much easier/safer.

It's a poor gameplay loop, since you are essentially forcing yourself to do it the FPS way, when you could do it safely but without enjoying the DLC. You are nerfing yourself on purpose. It's just bad.

Eventually, you'll get G3+ and you are a walking god, so it's too easy.

So overall it's just over the place.

I feel it's unbalanced.
Death is incredibly frustrating and yet easy to occur on ground. Since your gear is trash early on, it's even worse. Eventually, you are pushed into the easy solution : nuke everything from ship/srv. And it's much easier/safer.

It's a poor gameplay loop, since you are essentially forcing yourself to do it the FPS way, when you could do it safely but without enjoying the DLC. You are nerfing yourself on purpose. It's just bad.

Eventually, you'll get G3+ and you are a walking god, so it's too easy.

So overall it's just over the place.

CZs are reasonable to learn the system with G1 gear, but if that’s not your thing there’s a big jump to dealing with scavengers. G2 is the sweet spot for learning IMO.

It doesn't matter. I don't want a first person shooter [1]. I want to fly spaceships. Evolution of the spaceship gameplay to a next (true multiplayer) level is long overdue. That should have been the focus of Odyssey.

[1] I still have Unreal Tournament 1999 and 2004 lying around they are much better FPSs than Odyssey.

CZs are reasonable to learn the system with G1 gear, but if that’s not your thing there’s a big jump to dealing with scavengers. G2 is the sweet spot for learning IMO.
Yes, and it's all over the place^^
Scavengers should be the place to learn. They are easier to defeat in 1v1 after all. Just like space bounties are easier than CZ.

Yes, and it's all over the place^^
Scavengers should be the place to learn. They are easier to defeat in 1v1 after all. Just like space bounties are easier than CZ.

It’s should be something you’re occasionally forced into and you realise you enjoy it (or not) and then give CZs a go.

Last edited:
It’s something you’re occasionally forced into and you realise you enjoy it (or not) and then give CZs a go.
Or take a ship and nuke the place. Because that's the safest, lazyiest option. And it works just fine. Which is why I said it was a poor gameplay loop. You are pushed toward the "horizon" solution for a DLC you paid good money for. You need to force yourself not to do it.
It's only human to pick the most efficient and safest option after all. It's up to the game to give us a reason to do it, other than "I like to nerf myself".

As of now, it's not worth it outside of CZ and infiltration/non armed content. Too punishing, too difficult early on, no extra reward.

The AI just needs to go inside for cover under ship or srv fire. Some rocket launchers up your wazoo wouldn't be a bad solution either. I like having a tank or air strafing, you shouldn't just get rid of mechanics, but they need to either make the NPC's smart and run for cover instead of charging to their doom or be given better AV weapons.

Top Bottom