Thread for publicising your issues that are otherwise expiring due to lack of votes/confirmation

Mining in Odyssey has been badly affected by this intermittent bug. When I say intermittent - it's like 1 in a few times the bug does not occur. Triggering a pulse wave does not highlight core, surface and subsurface asteroids. If you do stumble across them on asteroids that have no shine at all, the targeting reticle disappears when targeting a deposit, making it impossible to aim at. So sure this is to do with shader optimization or something. It means that only laser mining is viable at present. The bug arrived with Patch 12.

Basically means mining is not viable at present in Odyssey. The difference between a bugged session and a non-bugged session is that you can fill the hold in half the time for multi-method mineral, whilst core-only mineral - forget it.

There have been a couple of extra confirmations on https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/51166 yesterday that have brought the issue up to 9 out of the required 10 - please could another one or two CMDRs tip this one over the edge? I quite fancy seeing NPCs faces again in the comms panel 😁

If you want to add a confirm on to the disappearing SRV issue while you’re there, that’d also be 👍👍

Added 2 more confirmations to this
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/51166 - No NPC faces in Comms or Contacts 9/10

MDH
Many thanks - the issue can now be voted for 👍

New issue I just posted.
Hope it gets votes assuming other VR users have same problem.
I’ll add it to the OP - I believe this isn’t a VR-specific issue as I’ve seen flatscreen users report the problem before, though unfortunately they’ve always expired.

I made an issue for this one. Dumbfire missile sights have been broken since at least 2019.
Specifically, the mining update that added hotspots and seismic charges is the one that broke dumbfire missile sights.
I specifically remember it because it's the one that made all my missile sights go dead-centre instead of showing a sight for each hardpoint with an offset for the hardpoint position like every other gun in the game.

I only just started trying out trailing sights today and it literally makes them impossible to use. Makes me wonder if the devs ever tested them either because it's literally impossible to not notice.

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/53400 (E-breaches gets added to backpack automatically when leaving ship/SRV)
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/53401 (Can't hand in (space)missions while having a bounty)

Added these two. A quick search didn't reveal any simlar reports.

MDH
I’ve added both reports to the OP though I’m not sure if the original intent of this thread is still valid - it’s been around seven weeks since the last issue report expired due to the 30 day limit being reached. Whether this is intentional or not, I don’t know, but for the time being apathy rather than expiry seems to be the main problem with Confirmations.

(Hopefully I haven’t just jinxed it and a whole slew of live reports get hammered next week 😅)

I’ve added both reports to the OP though I’m not sure if the original intent of this thread is still valid - it’s been around seven weeks since the last issue report expired due to the 30 day limit being reached. Whether this is intentional or not, I don’t know, but for the time being apathy rather than expiry seems to be the main problem with Confirmations.

(Hopefully I haven’t just jinxed it and a whole slew of live reports get hammered next week 😅)

Must admit, i've not been following it for weeks.

A bit of good news for me today:

1663085849913.png

It was acknowledged!

Now I'm highly interested to see how FDEV will address the Bullet Magnetism / Aim Assist issue, and how it will affect Odyssey's weapons. Maybe the Oppressor will get an indirect buff because of it? ;)

A few extra confirmations have trickled in over the extant reports in the OP over the last few weeks - disappearing SRVs looks to be closest to being confirmed, just a couple more required if anyone would like to do the honours.

This has been an issue ever since the commercial release of Elite : Relative Mouse mode, the sane way of flying FA Off for mouse users, cannot be toggled on or off at will, requiring instead a long trek through the menus whenever entering supercruise.

The solution of providing a dedicated keybind is trivial, and this ticket explains it further.

Thanks!

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/53400 - (E-breaches gets added to backpack automatically when leaving ship/SRV)
-I can't replicate this any more. For me this works fine, and I have no idea why this kept happening over a course of a week or so

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/53401 (Can't hand in (space)missions while having a bounty)
-I am not sure this is related to having a bounty on your head/ship. It also haven't happend to me since I reported it. Though it did happen ~10 times in a period of 7-8 days before I reported it.

MDH

Last edited:
This is already on the list, but I think I've discovered the actual root cause so if people could come and test it for me and add their confirmations that'd be great.

Short version: every time you board your ship, your backpack is restocked with all non-prohibited consumables. You can see this on your right hand panel.
At communist settlements, e-breaches are not prohibited.
This means that the next time you disembark after visiting a communist settlement, you will have e-breaches in your inventory.

This is already on the list, but I think I've discovered the actual root cause so if people could come and test it for me and add their confirmations that'd be great.

Short version: every time you board your ship, your backpack is restocked with all non-prohibited consumables. You can see this on your right hand panel.
At communist settlements, e-breaches are not prohibited.
This means that the next time you disembark after visiting a communist settlement, you will have e-breaches in your inventory.
Were you in an area with a communist settlement and have you since moved on?
Yes, can confirm this is the case. I will add my findings to the Tracker thread
Did a few trips back and forth, both in shuttle and personal ship.

-landed at commi settlement and disembarked with no e-breach in backpack
-embarked back on ship/taxi and backpack filled up, including e-breaches
-landed at non-commi settlement and e-breaches was still in backpack
-embarked back on taxi/ship and e-breaches got removed

MDH

Top Bottom