Thread for publicising your issues that are otherwise expiring due to lack of votes/confirmation

This is already on the list, but I think I've discovered the actual root cause so if people could come and test it for me and add their confirmations that'd be great.

Short version: every time you board your ship, your backpack is restocked with all non-prohibited consumables. You can see this on your right hand panel.
At communist settlements, e-breaches are not prohibited.
This means that the next time you disembark after visiting a communist settlement, you will have e-breaches in your inventory.
I can also confirm that this happens after checking it this morning - I'll add my confirmations to the report shortly.

Edit: confirmations added, we’re now at 10/10 so one more will tip it over the edge - even if the original reporter adds to their own report 👍

Last edited:
This is already on the list, but I think I've discovered the actual root cause so if people could come and test it for me and add their confirmations that'd be great.

Short version: every time you board your ship, your backpack is restocked with all non-prohibited consumables. You can see this on your right hand panel.
At communist settlements, e-breaches are not prohibited.
This means that the next time you disembark after visiting a communist settlement, you will have e-breaches in your inventory.
Don't know about communist settlements, but it happens in Combat Zones for example. If I die during combat, I get respawned in dropship and have bonus E-breach - it's not taken from my inventory, but added to my backpack out of thin air, so I still have 100 in my ship and this new 1 on me.

I’m adding this report to the OP: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/54486 - planetary rings disappear after dropping into icy ring - as I believe it’s not restricted to VR.

It’s an odd one - drop into an icy ring then either jump to a Station or another ring within the same System. Go back to the original icy ring and…whereitgo? Along with every other ring within the system 😱

It’s a bit weird seeing Saturn without its most famous feature!

Wrote a pair of Reports yesterday - one new one and one returning one:

Incorrect Distributor Draw for Plasma Chargers​

The in-game Distributor Draw for the Class 2 GPCs is listed as 1.25 MW, but my testing has indicated it's around 12.5 MJ for a full charge. What Outfitting leads me to believe is the following:

1.25 MW (MJ/s) x 1.8s charge-up time = 2.25 MJs per fully charged shot

Is the 12.5 MJ Distro Draw is actually intended, and if so, where does that factor of 10 come from and can we have it noted somewhere in Outfitting?

Link:

Figured I'd restart this one given the AX-focused nature of Update 14. I'd love to finally get an answer on whether or not Plasma Chargers' Distributor Draw is working as intended.

Guardian MRPs Do Not Protect Against Thargoid Lightning Attacks​

The Guardian MRP description states the following:

"Protects other modules against weapons fire that penetrates the hull. This variant is based on Guardian technology and is resistant to Thargoid lightning attacks and HUD scrambling."

As shown in the videos below, Guardian MRPs do not offer any additional protection from lightning attacks over standard MRPS.

Clipper equipped with Standard MRPs:
Source: https://youtu.be/DtyudlFOzvQ?t=16

Clipper equipped with Guardian MRPs:
Source: https://youtu.be/YXaAfvpuSlI?t=629

Link:

Wrote a pair of Reports yesterday - one new one and one returning one:

Incorrect Distributor Draw for Plasma Chargers​

The in-game Distributor Draw for the Class 2 GPCs is listed as 1.25 MW, but my testing has indicated it's around 12.5 MJ for a full charge. What Outfitting leads me to believe is the following:

1.25 MW (MJ/s) x 1.8s charge-up time = 2.25 MJs per fully charged shot

Is the 12.5 MJ Distro Draw is actually intended, and if so, where does that factor of 10 come from and can we have it noted somewhere in Outfitting?

Link:

Figured I'd restart this one given the AX-focused nature of Update 14. I'd love to finally get an answer on whether or not Plasma Chargers' Distributor Draw is working as intended.

Guardian MRPs Do Not Protect Against Thargoid Lightning Attacks​

The Guardian MRP description states the following:

"Protects other modules against weapons fire that penetrates the hull. This variant is based on Guardian technology and is resistant to Thargoid lightning attacks and HUD scrambling."

As shown in the videos below, Guardian MRPs do not offer any additional protection from lightning attacks over standard MRPS.

Clipper equipped with Standard MRPs:
Source: https://youtu.be/DtyudlFOzvQ?t=16

Clipper equipped with Guardian MRPs:
Source: https://youtu.be/YXaAfvpuSlI?t=629

Link:
I’ve added them to the OP 👍
———
Regarding disappearing SRVs - if anyone submitted this report about an hour ago then please add a confirmation to the existing report:

That one extra confirmation should put it into the voting stage, which would be better than having a duplicate report 😁

Yet another duplicate report has been created for the problem of disappearing SRVs - if the creators of yesterday’s two duplicate reports had instead added to the existing report then it would be at the voting stage and in danger of being looked at by FDev 😁

If the Canadian or American CMDRs who created those reports read this - please add to the existing report!

If anyone else wants to add the final confirmation, please feel free 😁👍

beat me too it! allright

Point me in the direction where you want 3 confirmations
When the Drawing Gets Tough—Squint! | The Scribbles Institute

At this point in time, I don't care if I can't replicate them myself, as long as they seem a "viable" bug :D
Someone at FD needs to tell the guys in the brainstorming room that they simply need to do a better job. I'd be out of a job long time ago if this was me, that's for sure

It seems like all on-foot missions leading into "abandoned" settlements in thargoid-post recovery state are bugged now. I've tried pirates extermination and cargo defend missions and these do not have working scripts, very likely theirs coding was not updated to reflect new 'thargoid' states.

A few been around for a number of years (sad)

Cannot travel to megaship

HIP 2311 Black Market - transaction cancelled - service no longer available

Unable to increment item quantity to sell in Search and Rescue Contact (OLD)

Material Trade Stuck On Confirm Trade (OLD)

Guardian relic will not release from pillar at Guardian site (OLD)

i think the main problem here is that no one goes to the ticket support site anymore that why not many eyes on the tickets.i used to hunt the forums for the web site.

i had a guardian materials getting stuck on the post but has soon has you leave the srv, it miracious drops:)

Last edited:
i think the main problem here is that no one goes to the ticket support site anymore that why not many eyes on the tickets.i used to hunt the forums for the web site.

i had a guardian materials getting stuck on the post but has soon has you leave the srv, it miracious drops:)
Thank god for a workaround, though they should fix the bugs. Not everyone will know the workaround unless they take the time to search for it and search for the right words to find it.

Top Bottom