Thread for publicising your issues that are otherwise expiring due to lack of votes/confirmation

Wrote a pair of Reports yesterday - one new one and one returning one:

Incorrect Distributor Draw for Plasma Chargers​

The in-game Distributor Draw for the Class 2 GPCs is listed as 1.25 MW, but my testing has indicated it's around 12.5 MJ for a full charge. What Outfitting leads me to believe is the following:

1.25 MW (MJ/s) x 1.8s charge-up time = 2.25 MJs per fully charged shot

Is the 12.5 MJ Distro Draw is actually intended, and if so, where does that factor of 10 come from and can we have it noted somewhere in Outfitting?

Link:

Figured I'd restart this one given the AX-focused nature of Update 14. I'd love to finally get an answer on whether or not Plasma Chargers' Distributor Draw is working as intended.

Guardian MRPs Do Not Protect Against Thargoid Lightning Attacks​

The Guardian MRP description states the following:

"Protects other modules against weapons fire that penetrates the hull. This variant is based on Guardian technology and is resistant to Thargoid lightning attacks and HUD scrambling."

As shown in the videos below, Guardian MRPs do not offer any additional protection from lightning attacks over standard MRPS.

Clipper equipped with Standard MRPs:
Source: https://youtu.be/DtyudlFOzvQ?t=16

Clipper equipped with Guardian MRPs:
Source: https://youtu.be/YXaAfvpuSlI?t=629

Link:
just added confirmation to this, OP is quite right, Guardian MRPs seem to offer NO additional protection against scrambling modules and HUD, hadn't realised I was'nt getting more benefit than from a standard unit, having only ever run the Guardian MRPs in my AX ship.

Tissue sampling, despite resulting in two cancelled CGs and reported as "fixed" in thee issue tracker, is still broken.
Looks like it an issue with this process was fixed, several years ago, but the hotfix on Dec 12th broke it again. Here's the issue marked fixed:
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/49387
I don't think this new one is a dupe strictly speaking, as it seems to be an issue that occurs during return-to-ship now whereas the several-years-old issue was to do with finding samples or not in the first place and/or samples mysteriously disappearing.

Looks like it an issue with this process was fixed, several years ago, but the hotfix on Dec 12th broke it again. Here's the issue marked fixed:
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/49387
I don't think this new one is a dupe strictly speaking, as it seems to be an issue that occurs during return-to-ship now whereas the several-years-old issue was to do with finding samples or not in the first place and/or samples mysteriously disappearing.
Nope. That fix never actually fixed it, ever. That is my own bugreport, and I can definitely confirm that it still happens this way, I confirmed it taking my own Orthrus samples.

Refer this post onwards for ongoing reports that the issue, as described in that report, is still extant.

Can definitely confirm that it was not working correctly before the Dec 12 hotfix like the "new" issue report mentions, suspect that person had simply been lucky before.
The issues sound identical to me; the limpets return to the ship but don't deposit any samples into the cargo hold.

Yes, they are identical. The issue has existed since the 5th Aegis Initiative got cancelled in 2017, and has never been rectified.

Noticed this with a handful of "fixed" issues. They're marked as "fixed" but are clearly still issues.
Issue Tracker 'Working as intended' I guess :confused:

Edit: Looking through the top voted issues for Elite, a handful of them are foundational long-lasting issues since Odyssey's release that are still there, and they've all been marked as "fixed" or "invalid"

Last edited:
A mystery solved. An ordinary bug found.

Watching EDDN traffic, I noticed some routes plotted with jump ranges of 500ly and more. Asking around confirmed that not even the thinnest jump build should go more than about 370ly on a neutron boost.

A Panther Clipper on the loose? Or a cheat software enhanced Cmdr keeping it low enough to evade the banhammer?
As it turns out, it's just another bug in the route plotter where it applies both the neutron supercharge and the FSD injection factors.

To reproduce: Plot a route with neutron jumps. Go to route settings, move the FSD injection slider to 3, hit recalculate. It might not be obvious from the galaxy map but very likely the route now includes impossible hops. My trusty DBX was asked to jump 576ly from one neutron star to another.

I had a look around on the issue tracker but couldn't find a similar one among the expired issues. I didn't bother to open a new one (yet) so I'll just leave it here for now. :cool:

Bumping this thread with a new issue:

Foot CZs can enter an unfinishable state if one of the NPC enemies spawns in an unreachable area.
Already confirmed and acknowledged, and you can vote for it here:

(The automatic search function of Issue Tracker is rubbish - unless your title has exact words in the exact same order, it won’t find a match. I always search using single words, then filter for Confirmed reports 👍)

I know this one is the opposite of almost expired, but we all know the Issue Tracker is like howling into the wind:

With the recent CG (Caustic Sink Launcher Delivery Campaign (Trade)) Feb-March 3309
The galaxy map commodity filters are broken, and have been for a while.
I've gotten really frustrated just trying to see import/export prices of items a few systems away without having to alt+tab, go to Inara or something, and look it up.

I've put this Issue Tracker out there, hot off the press:

Last edited:
Restore missions in Thargoid recovery systems are often pointing to already powered settlements.
(this issue is for a named settlement however also the only one not expired atm)

Edit: voted on the tracer issue and unfortunately the issue in the post before this is expired.

Last edited:
Restore missions in Thargoid recovery systems are often pointing to already powered settlements.
(this issue is for a named settlement however also the only one not expired atm)

Edit: voted on the tracer issue and unfortunately the issue in the post before this is expired.
It’s not just the missions in post-Thargoid systems - please see this confirmed and acknowledged report currently the ninth highest voted issue:
👍

So. I was hoping to, yet again, for the n'th^99 time, get some traction for the lovely "npc crew has reached 100% deadly but does not elevate to Elite" issue. Numerous times has this just withered out in to the endless ether, and communication with support is always "it's a decimal issue, kill more", even if it's 10+ months going with nigh daily killsprees.

It's incompetent at best.

So. With lessons never learned, I'll try again, use my alt accounts and old-time-no-play friends help to get this up to vote status at the very least. But probably need a few helpers in here aswell.

oldies but goldies, served luke warm to you, Frontier Developments

Last edited:
@MDHansen - I've added your report to the OP (y)

Now, my turn:
berniememe.jpg

Planets with rings have a problem - if you drop into a planet's ring (say, Jupiter) everything is fine. If you then drop into a second planet's ring within the same system (say, Saturn) everything will still look fine. If you then go back to Jupiter:
03 - Jupiter ringless.jpeg

...the ring has become invisible. The first indication that there is an invisible ring is when you Emergency Drop and hear "Structural Integrity Compromised" - you are surrounded by incorrectly lit asteroid models but all the distant sprites are missing:
04 - SIC.jpeg

...and if you return to Saturn, well, can you spot what's wrong with this image?
05 - Saturn ringless.jpeg

The last time I submitted this report it gained 7 confirmations - please help me get it across the threshold this time (y)

i just checked for myself. gonna add my 3 lucky charms to it.

after dinner. gonna get these burger bad bois down!

edit: done

Last edited:
Top Bottom