Thrustmaster T16000 and TARGET not recognized in ED

Greetings everyone, I have been facing an issue with the T16000 Hotas FCS (with TWCS) with TARGET profile enabled but not able to see this device in Elite Dangerous. I've bought a copy of ED from Steam, and I have followed all the possible instructions found on internet about this issue, but nothing, profile is up and running and I don't see TARGET on the Controller settings of ED.

The steps I've followed are:
1) Downloaded the TARGET profile for ED here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t-16000m-fcs-hotas-en;
2) Running the TARGET GUI to load the above profile;
3) Hotas and TWCS are recognized and working fine in TARGET;
4) Running Steam, right click on ED from my game list, and then in Properties > Controller I've selected "Disable Steam Input";
5) Restarted Steam and then I've lunched ED: TARGET is still not inside the controller list.

What else should I do? Is it possible to make this device up and running in ED?

(binds link dl at the bottom try that?

Thanks for the answer, but how this is going to resolve my issue? Sorry for the dumb question but I am pretty noob on this.

1) How this would be connected with TARGET software? Or should I use this config without TARGET?
2) If so, what kind of controller I have to select from the game option?
3) When it says "Replace your existing custom binds file with this file to use these controls" where is this file located?

Last edited:
Thank you for your help, is now working! Quick question tho, is there any other configuration for this type of Hotas? The one linked by you it seems there are some function missing. For instance, while I was doing a training session to flight the Sidewinder, the game asked me to do Reverse Throttle, but it seems there is no such button/function set up on the one linked by you. On contrary, the configuration provided by Thrustmaster, it has a a Reverse Throttle button, but I am not able to make it works (need TARGET up and running). Any other recommendation?

you can delete any current binds and setup to your preference via moving stick or pressing a button just find the action for reverse in the ingame binds menu
press esc to delete the action and replace with whatever you choose
the edref does have other binds you can try(text files to copy an paste and save as .binds using notepad but there is nothing like setting your own up using others as a get basically working template to talor you can then generate a ref card using edref so as to remember your setup
(according to the one suggested reverse is pull back on throttle(left hand device) if that don'twork maybe look for alternative device driver as the axsis input should work two ways afaiaa)(device may have console/pc mode tiny switch at base some sticks do) or try different listed above theres loads to choose from

Last edited:
Hi @M3talWR ,

It's been a long while since I used a TARGET Profile or was actively scripting for Thrustmaster/TARGET devices.

From memory, once you add a switch to the TARGET profile to do the reverse thrust thing (ie send a keystroke of your choice), you still need to get into the CONTROLLER section in-game and add that key to your bind file.

I ditched the Profile method early on as it didn't give me what I wanted (world domination etc), so I went the next step and started using TARGET script.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer, but how this is going to resolve my issue? Sorry for the dumb question but I am pretty noob on this.

1) How this would be connected with TARGET software? Or should I use this config without TARGET?
2) If so, what kind of controller I have to select from the game option?
3) When it says "Replace your existing custom binds file with this file to use these controls" where is this file located?

I just set the binds on my through the game menu.

Last edited:
I had used the target software for a while to set curves and such. It was a major issue to keep it running. I found that using the in game dead zones were good enough and I didn't have to hassle with the target software.

Top Bottom