Too many wing missions, not enough solo

I'm like you, only play solo.
FD seem want to force everyone into multiplayer.

It was about time! Still FD dont force you to multiplayer. Even when payout will be 100x better then solo, you can choose play solo and as you never meet player you shouldnt care about other player payouts.

Yes it kind of does force you into multiplayer when to do any mission solo now it will take an hour to complete. Missions should not take a person an hour to complete when its just running cargo.

Considering all the fire Frontier is under for gold rush nerfing and unrewarding gameplay i cant understand for the life of me why they feel the need to force happy longtime solo players to Wing up. Ive been a loyal fan of the game and never complained and never wanted to Wing up. Still dont really. But now i feel like i have to, or give up playing. This cannot be what they intendid. And if it is i guarentee that im not the only one who wont be interested in playing anymore when i no longer have the option to play my way at my own pace which was the biggest appeal in this game for me all these hundreds of hours playing. Wing missions are great as an option. But the word option implies it isnt the only one.
End rant.

Raised a bug report about this yesterday, typical example I gave 79 transport missions 39 wing and 4 solo.

This cannot be the intended outcome, unless FD is into social engineering.

Raised a bug report about this yesterday, typical example I gave 79 transport missions 39 wing and 4 solo.

This cannot be the intended outcome, unless FD is into social engineering.

Im glad im not the only one that feels this way. I also dont believe it was an intendid outcome and with other people also complaining ill remain optimistic for a fix.

Frontier i love your game, have for years, i rarely ever complain about anything...

But...

Can we either move wing missions to their own tab like passenger missions or at the very least put a cap on how many wing missions spawn? Rng spawns mostly wing missions now. Some places rarely ever have solo missions right now. I used to be a hauler who made good money. Now i only get offered missions involving ten times as much cargo that are paying what i used to be getting in solo missions.

Im at a station right now that has 16 missions. 10 are deliveries. NONE are solo missions. Thats rediculous. I feel punished for not having friends that play. Ive been happy soloing missions forever.

Im glad that Wing missions have been added. It was something the game needed. But in almost total replacement of solo missions? Really? It has effectively killed my productivity as i cant even find a place with good paying consistent solo missions.

Im not doing 10 trips to complete a mission solo for less than i used to make in solo missions.

Please PLEASE balance this out more so us happy to play solo players dont feel totally screwed!

I'm only seeing this at certain stations, but when it does show up it is a problem since the "wing missions" pay so much less than regular missions they just aren't worth doing imho :-(

I'm only seeing this at certain stations, but when it does show up it is a problem since the "wing missions" pay so much less than regular missions they just aren't worth doing imho :-(

No they arent worth it. And yea it might be certain areas, but unfortunately its the area ive been busting a** in for a while to put a certain faction in power and started expanding them to a neighbouring system. Now i cant really do that, and it feels cheap to leave as ive spent alot of time and effort shaping this area. I dont want to leave. I dont want to do one mission per hour. It wasnt unbalanced or a bug how it worked in this system before so why did my system effectively become nerfed? Hopefully its fixed soon.

Last edited:
I would also like to see a fat bonus if doing those wing missions solo.
Not only takes the delivery thing much more time if doing alone, but also the assassination mission have a much greater risk, repair costs, ammo costs if done alone. I'd like to receive the payout for 4 people if done something that is supposed to be payed for 4 :)

I would also like to see a fat bonus if doing those wing missions solo.
Not only takes the delivery thing much more time if doing alone, but also the assassination mission have a much greater risk, repair costs, ammo costs if done alone. I'd like to receive the payout for 4 people if done something that is supposed to be payed for 4 :)

A friend and i also talked about that and yes it would definitely balance it out better. Not in replace of solo missions tho, but it addition for an extra challenge.

Wing missions are nice to have. But as wings are quite unstable and have many bugs users should not be forced to wing missions. In addition: On the smaller platforms like PS4/XBox it is really difficult to build a wing. There are simply not enough players and the mechanisms for contacting are slow, buggy and complicated.

Ciao, Udo

Hello Commanders,

Wing-Misions are absolutely crap and there is no real need to do them except to give other players in your wing the (poor amount of) payout you get from this mission for free.
In my Home-System there are now 2 third of the missions these wing missions. And (as i mainly play solo and even now i got a bit cargo space) they do not pay !
I can deliver 120 - 180t of cargo and get 1 - 2 Mil Credits. Why should i deliver 3000t of cargo and get only 2.5 Mil ? Even in a Wing it makes not much sense to me.
If i take 3 or 4 of the smaller Missions in my Cutter i fly only once and get much more money, rank or materials. Even in a Python with 200t cargospace (or a Type7) those missions are not useful.

My suggestion is the Wing Missions shoud pay way more credits but if 4 people take part on this mission the credits will be divided by 4 or by delivered cargo.
If i do those Missions alone i get all the money. If i.e. 120t pay a million a 3000t wing mission give you 25 Million credits. As for the work i have flying around this would be a fair reward - nearly the same reward of money when i do 25x 120t delivery single missions (but here i get 25x rank or materials too)

But over all on every station i dock i see more wing missions than solo missions and thats infact too much. I'll guess most players play this game alone and not in a wing.

Top Bottom