Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

there should be a file called "TCE.config" where you installed TCE, its just a text file so you can open in notepad, theres a line in there under Path_Settings, you can change it to GamePath="C:\Games\EliteDangerous\Products\FORC-FDEV-DO-1000" and it might sole your issue.
It still doesn't work. The same error appears, I have tried with the three directories that appear in the image but the error continues to occur. The truth is that it is quite rare. Attached is an image with more information. I also don't have a directory called "elite-dangerous-odyssey-64"

Greetings and thanks to both.
ED_Error.JPG

It still doesn't work. The same error appears, I have tried with the three directories that appear in the image but the error continues to occur. The truth is that it is quite rare. Attached is an image with more information. I also don't have a directory called "elite-dangerous-odyssey-64"

Hello and welcome to TCE!

If you don't have a folder with Odyssey-64, you probably haven't installed it.

Here is a link to Frontier Tech Support that shows all the paths of ED on all platforms.

"Odyssey variants will be located in Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64"

Then what happened after you ran the auto-detection process? Have all steps been completed correctly (Step 1-3)?

Last edited:
First, there is an error log created at the \LOGS folder, check that first, if there are more informations about the error.
Second, change your List Speparator to semicolon instead of comma.
Third, change the Digit Grouping to comma.

That's my suggestions.

I got the same problem. It was indeed the digit grouping symbol. I had " ' " as is usual here, and I had to change it to a ",", after that the program started.
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you perhaps add support for the " ' " digit grouping symbol?

"Odyssey variants will be located in Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64"

Then what happened after you ran the auto-detection process? Have all steps been completed correctly (Step 1-3)?
Hi, I am also stuck on this. I'm playing the Steam version of ED. It appears that it is indeed located in the "FORC-FDEV-DO-1000" folder.
See picture below.
1665501143243.png

Same issue here.

My Odyssey installation is located in the "FORC-FDEV-DO-1000" folder and when running both the auto detect process or pointing to the .exe directly it still says incorrect game path.

Last edited:
Same issue here.

My Odyssey installation is located in the "FORC-FDEV-DO-1000" folder and when running both the auto detect process or pointing to the .exe directly it still says incorrect game path.
Thank you and others for your reports!

Seems to be that frontier changed a little and not talking about it. Before it was required to have an "elite-dangerous-odyssey-64" folder as stated in the tech note above.
I will address that issue asap and release a fix for it.

Thank you and others for your reports!

Seems to be that frontier changed a little and not talking about it. Before it was required to have an "elite-dangerous-odyssey-64" folder as stated in the tech note above.
I will address that issue asap and release a fix for it.
Might be worthwhile to allow both.

Version [1.9.0.3] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with missions time left at the Mission panel.
  • Fixed an error with the Event Reporter panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the Waypoints panel, Not restoring the list of waypoints after a restart of TCE.
  • Completely reworked the game execution file detection to determine if the Odyssey extension is being used or not.
  • Changed the default setting of the "Cache Buffering" option to true for the EDDB-Relay service to avoid an unresolved error when updating databases on-the-fly.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Update installed and can confirm odyssey is now detected as intended. Many thanks for the update and this fantastic application in general, its very much appreciated... ;)

View attachment 324021
With the new version it has been solved. It correctly detects my installed version and the error no longer appears.

Thank you very much!

Every time I start TCE it says "incorrect game path - select Horizons game path"

I only have Horizon installed, and it detects its the compatibility version of the exe.

If I use the auto detect, it still gives the same error after saying it has successfully found the path.

I've had to go back to version 1.9.0.2 for TCE to work properly.

Last edited:
Version [1.9.0.4] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed the parsing of the executable game file when not using the Odyssey DLC in the launcher.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Version [1.9.0.4] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed the parsing of the executable game file when not using the Odyssey DLC in the launcher.
Notes:

Can confirm it's now working properly.

Thank you.

Hey, any update on the request with the ' as an allowed grouping character for thousands? It's somewhat regularly used in many places afaik.
Just want to know if possible at all.

Thanks for the amazing work you're doing, thanks especially for the odyssey fixes!

Hey, any update on the request with the ' as an allowed grouping character for thousands? It's somewhat regularly used in many places afaik.
Just want to know if possible at all.

Thanks for the amazing work you're doing, thanks especially for the odyssey fixes!
It will be fixed with the next update!

Version [1.9.0.5] released
Changelog:
  • Removed the requirement to select the delimiter according to international standards.
Notes:

Version [1.9.0.5] released
Changelog:
  • Removed the requirement to select the delimiter according to international standards.
Notes:

You are the best!

Edit: Buuut I still get the error when I enable "EDDB Relay".
When I click "Start Service", when it gets to "Creating Station Reference Data", it throws a "Your Region setting of your Windows differs from international standards". When I press "OK" on that popup, another popup called "TCE has detected an error" opens. When I press "Send report", it never finishes sending the report and crashes when I press "Terminate".

Last edited:
You are the best!

Edit: Buuut I still get the error when I enable "EDDB Relay".
When I click "Start Service", when it gets to "Creating Station Reference Data", it throws a "Your Region setting of your Windows differs from international standards". When I press "OK" on that popup, another popup called "TCE has detected an error" opens. When I press "Send report", it never finishes sending the report and crashes when I press "Terminate".
Sorry, I have overlooked something.

Here is a hot fix for you: https://tce.4lima.de/releases/TCE_MK.II_1.9.0.5_HotFix.zip

Paste the file into the root folder of your TCE installation.

Top Bottom