Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

NEW V1.53 VERSION IS RELEASED!!!

Please download it again, if you have used the first release. Please transfer your old database again, if available. Do not copy the new version over your old!

Transferred and verified without probs, but got this error on startup:
http://imgur.com/fkFVtfE

edit: i don't seem to be able to set a KB shortcut for the factions panel (doesn't open the panel), and it doesn't show up in the panel position dropdown in the options / panel config. either.

edit2: could set the kb shortcut in the launcher, but it seemed not to save. set it in tce options again and it worked.

Last edited:
BANG!!!! I've reported this error many times in many versions, Eventure never believed me :p and blamed it my Google drive :eek:, even though TCE isn't there anymore. It looks to me that TCE is trying to access a file twice so it's locked.

Starting it again while already ingame without error. As i usually start it out of a VA-init process, with multiple other tools like discord and things, could just be that it interfered with another tool trying to acces the journal or log. Pretty much this, me thinks.

edit: factions shortcut isn't saved, double checked that

Last edited:
NEW ERROR.

On entry to a new star system that's not in the TCE DB I got this error prior to the star being scanned so prior to the Star Class being updated. Opening NAVIGATION PANEL also threw the same error and the Star Systems list was blank "NO REFERENCE COORDINATES - POSITION IS UNKNOWN!"

NOTE THIS IS THE 5th new system I've entered since using the new version and was the first time I've seen this error.

FgqSuw6.png

Error:
See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
at System.Array.SetValue(Object value, Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.SetArrayValue(Object[] Arguments)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateIndexSetComplex(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIndexSet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal_Sub.SubEvent_ChangedStar() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal_Sub.vb:line 456
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal.Event_FSDJump(Int64 a) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal.vb:line 1598
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal.Events_bestimmen() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal.vb:line 209
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal.Check_Journal() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal.vb:line 58
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 658
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.99.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.99.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

TCE had to be shut down and restarted as it was stuck at "PLEASE WAIT" opening NAVIGATION PANEL and was fine and new Star System details were updated correctly.

It's happened again, 2 jumps later, this time it has a "QUIT" option.

P3ALqAH.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
at System.Array.SetValue(Object value, Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.SetArrayValue(Object[] Arguments)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateIndexSetComplex(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIndexSet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal_Sub.SubEvent_ChangedStar() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal_Sub.vb:line 456
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal.Event_FSDJump(Int64 a) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal.vb:line 1598
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal.Events_bestimmen() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal.vb:line 209
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Journal.Check_Journal() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Journal.vb:line 58
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 658
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.99.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.99.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It's happening all the time now...

Last edited:
Having exactly the same errors as bAdbUd. Atm am stuck trying to enter the navigation panel. About to close TCE :(

Phil (Fizzbin Bourelli)

It's fine after a restart, and if I jump to a system that's in the TCE DB, but as I'm out exploring nearly every system I jump to causes the error, so I'm having to restart TCE after virtually every jump.

It's fine after a restart, and if I jump to a system that's in the TCE DB, but as I'm out exploring nearly every system I jump to causes the error, so I'm having to restart TCE after virtually every jump.

I am exploring atm, I got the 1st error on the 4th system I entered but now am getting the same error on every system, it's fine after a TCE restart and everything seems to be recorded as it should be. Hopefully it's just a simple bug :)

Phil (Fizzbin Bourelli)

I have already installed the previous release 1.5.3 and the transfer the old 1.5.2.3 DB with out any error. Also I have been using it for exploration without any errors.
My question is. To install the new release of 1.5.3, do I need to rename the current folder to TCE_Old, do new install and transfer the DB from TCE_Old folder?

BUG REPORT: Crash on Personal tab

Whenever I click on the personal tab inside the program that shows my ship and current ranks it crashes the entire addon and the .exe file is missing from the install directory. When I try to reinstall the program the computer tells me that I do not have access to write to that file, which is missing. This has happened twice. To reinstall I need install to a new folder with a different name. I am not sure if this is Windows 10 not liking this "potentially harmful program" or if it is a problem with the software itself. Either way, I would like to know how to keep this from happening.

Thank you in advance. Other than this issue I have been enjoying the addon, really helps a newbie like me make the most of my boom deliver missions and general trading.

I have already installed the previous release 1.5.3 and the transfer the old 1.5.2.3 DB with out any error. Also I have been using it for exploration without any errors.
My question is. To install the new release of 1.5.3, do I need to rename the current folder to TCE_Old, do new install and transfer the DB from TCE_Old folder?

Yeah, i'd definately reinstall 1.5.3 and transfer again from 1.5.2.3

Whenever I click on the personal tab inside the program that shows my ship and current ranks it crashes the entire addon and the .exe file is missing from the install directory. When I try to reinstall the program the computer tells me that I do not have access to write to that file, which is missing. This has happened twice. To reinstall I need install to a new folder with a different name. I am not sure if this is Windows 10 not liking this "potentially harmful program" or if it is a problem with the software itself. Either way, I would like to know how to keep this from happening.

Thank you in advance. Other than this issue I have been enjoying the addon, really helps a newbie like me make the most of my boom deliver missions and general trading.

To me that sounds like an antivir is quarantining the file?

But I'll lose all my current exploration data already collect with older release of 1.5.3

Hmmmm. Then i'd say wait it out til Eventure is online again. Perhaps he'd be so nice to actually convert / correct things by hand if you'd
sent him your actual db per mail (report error function in the launcher).
Don't be afraid to ask.

Found the issue with entering an unknown star system for TCE and the won't save my selected hotkey. The write protection on the database isn't ever happened here, but maybe it is system specific, in case of how long it takes to import a database. I'm using SSD and now an M2 SSD. Will add a fix for it too. Releasing an update this evening to fix all reported issues.

But I'll lose all my current exploration data already collect with older release of 1.5.3

You won't loss any exploration data, if you accumulated all data by scanning. They will reappear, if you let TCE process all unprocessed journal files on loading.
Even all pictures can be used, but you have to copy all created screenshots from the Cartography folder of your old V1.5.3 folder to the new installation.

If your have added manually some stars and planets, you can copy the TCE_Cartography.db file from your old V1.5.3 into your old V1.5.2+ installation by hand, including the Cartography folder and transferring thereafter the database.

Last edited:
Update [1.5.3.1] released:

Changelog:
- Fixed an error when approaching a star system, which is not in the database.
- Fixed an issue with saving the selected hotkey for the Factions panel.
- Fixed an issue that shows more than one sort indicator at the Factions panel.
- Fixed a rare error reporting of a locked database.
- Fixed an issue with the State of Knowledge dropdown not showing at the Navigation panel.
- Fixed an issue not showing the Factions, Notes and Planetary Map panel in the panel position selection dropdown at the Option panel.

Note:
Copy all files and folders from the update into your TCE installation folder to update your version.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, russian or spanish, to help in translating the
latest commodities and interface phrases at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Elite Dangerous Beta Notes:
To all, who wants to test TCE and the ED beta, I suggest the following:
1. Install a beta-dedicated TCE version to your drive and name it so, like D:\TCE.beta
2. Transfer your database from your current TCE version to the beta-dedicated version by the TCE launcher, if you want to use your current database.
3. Don't forget to select the beta version of ED at the launcher of TCE.
4. After starting TCE, you can ignore or allow to process all unprocessed journal file, because TCE will ignore the non-relevant journals (all non-beta), if you have selected the ED beta in step 3.
5. EDMC is not working in beta, so the Connect button is not usable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom