Not really.

There is a controlling minor faction, but it's not an influence-holding one. (Pilots' Federation Local Branch)
(This wasn't how it was at the start, of course, PFLB used to be influence-holding like the Sol factions: the change seems to have mainly been part of C&P reforms in 2.4 and 3.0)

This faction also controls a few other systems - Asellus Primus, AY Indi and LHS 3447 - and some assets in other systems as well, and while those systems are not fully locked there is no BGS way to remove PFLB control of the assets and systems it does have.

PFLB isn't the only non-influence minor faction to control a system, either - Independent Detention Foundation owns 27, while their superpower counterparts also have a few - again, with no possibility of takeover through the BGS. When the Gnosis is in uninhabited space, Canonn Gnosis Division is the non-influence controlling faction of the system the Gnosis is in.
This.

From Salome's Requiem 7/8 (on the subject of The Club) ...

Challenge the authorities. Force their hand. Refuse to be manipulated. Do not rise to their provocations. Make your own powerplays, organise embargoes and blockade the ports. Break their hold and force them out into the open. Blaze a trail. Visibility is the one thing they cannot abide.

Hmmm... Kinda sounds EXACTLY like what we are doing... ;)

I'm operating from the FC "The Macguffin" at the moment.
There are always two Low Conflict Zones nearby, each of them takes about fifteen minutes to clear out in my heavily engineered Corvette.
After clearing four CZs I hop into my Courier and deliver the bonds to the nearest Outpost.
Works like a charm.
Yes, it's really easy to bounce back and forth between the conflict zones and stay almost continually in combat. I guess I picked a good place to park.

The only thing I don't understand, lore-wise, is that Aegis I thought was the organization developing the Thargoid countermeasures...meaning, WHY are we antagonizing our primary R&D faction?

It's only an opinion or suspicion, and I'm not the only one having those thoughts, that Aegis is another name for practically the same organisation, INRA, who produced the Mycoid weapon that killed so many Thargoids.
The Thargoids being so upset towards us is the result of what INRA did.

My guess is that Aegis is heavily under influence of, or even controlled by, the Club.

It's only an opinion or suspicion, and I'm not the only one having those thoughts, that Aegis is another name for practically the same organisation, INRA, who produced the Mycoid weapon that killed so many Thargoids.

My guess is that Aegis is heavily under influence of, or even controlled by, the Club.

Yes. INRA/ Aegis was and still is under control of The Club. Same as the Pilots Federation and just about every super power, as far as I'm aware. At first it seemed good intent, but then they tried to cover up the Thargoids and keep humanity ignorant of their existence and kept a great many of other secrets.

INRA did this because Thargoids did not communicate and simple slaughtered humans in their way.

Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 09-10 July 3306

War in Anyanwu. We are winning 1-0. Lets push that to 4-0 and get it done early.

Same combat related instructions again today for Anyanwu. A little support for TDW in LFT 926 should see us start another expansion at the next tick.
There are many TDW carriers on site as well as a few from other allied groups.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926. TDW bounties can be handed in in Anyanwu or LFT 926.
  • Scenarios at installations or megaships in LFT 926 generate TDW bounties useful in either LFT 926 or Anyanwu
  • Conflict Zones in Anyanwu. Shoot at Earls. Hand Combat bonds in at either orbital station (Small and Med pads only.)

Commodity Trading
- run profitable trades to 'Meredith City" in LFT 926

Missions & Passengers
- Combat related missions in Anyanwu (assassinations mostly) assist the war effort.

Exploration Data:
- Sell to 'Meredith City' in LFT 926

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

No special orders today - we succeeded in getting the little side war started with the work done yesterday. There will be two conflicts in Anyanwu from tomorrow's tick, so be extra careful that you fight in the right one! (TDW vs Earls of Aegilips)

Quick little BGS tutorial factoid:
In general it is best to work on only one faction in a system at a time. Yesterday's special orders had us working for three different ones. Moving the #1 faction up forces most of the others down. Moving #3 faction up put it into conflict with #2, which is what we wanted. TDW was of course locked in war, as should Earls, but their retreat state has still stripped them of ~2% per day.

Yes. INRA/ Aegis was and still is under control of The Club. Same as the Pilots Federation and just about every super power, as far as I'm aware. At first it seemed good intent, but then they tried to cover up the Thargoids and keep humanity ignorant of their existence and kept a great many of other secrets.

Here's something for later today. You don't have to travel way out to EAFOTS to catch @drew 's live stream today discussing "The Club".
Tonight's Elite Dangerous Formidine Rift rendezvous location is EAFOTS EU-R c4-1 planet C2 (NB - significant supercruise distance!) We will be discussing "The Club".

8pm UK Time (UTC+1) twitch.tv/drewwagar

Cheers,

Drew.

The only thing I don't understand, lore-wise, is that Aegis I thought was the organization developing the Thargoid countermeasures...meaning, WHY are we antagonizing our primary R&D faction?
This will hopefully explain it...The CoR Holdstock Report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MPw1EzRmor2TvRw97QvB8lNTcBT2XffrMuMwEOAXaW8/edit?usp=sharing and this diagram (I am not the source of either)
Club Diagram.png

Yes, I know, I'm a little hypocritical about some aspects of the Club. As you see in my signature, I am currently pledged to Li Yong-Rui... But only for one more week (I really want those Pack Hound Missles ;) )

Last edited:
Top Bottom