Patch Notes Update Update 1.07 Incoming - 11am GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Hi everyone,

update 1.07 is incoming. We will remove everyone from the servers at 11am and should be live again within 30 minutes. Here are the changes for this update:

Client Changes:

- Crash fix for low end onboard graphics chipsets
- Block method for duplicating cargo
- Further death related telemetry
- Additional file telemetry for resource loading failure

Server Changes:

- the daily maintenance period is now weekly, the galaxy servers will be unavailable at 0700 UTC on Thursday mornings
- improve private groups and matchmaking at busier playing times
- fixed a rare cause of Commanders being unable to load into the game

Update size - @ 22MB

Thanks!

Michael

Last edited:
Thank you for this update :) !!

Good luck for the 1.8

--------------
My apologies for the double post !

Last edited:
Sadly I have none of the mentioned issues that this one fixes. But updates are always welcome, even when I sit down being able to play for the first time in days and you guys update :p

Since it's already end of the month, any word on the (beta access) first big update for next week? Still on time? Can't wait! :D

Michael,
Can you elaborate on how the beta testing for 1.1 will be happening? Or is that still undecided? Is the latest launcher going to download the beta 1.1 client automatically? New launcher? Is it even on time? Anything?

Thanks!

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Sadly I have none of the mentioned issues that this one fixes. But updates are always welcome, even when I sit down being able to play for the first time in days and you guys update :p

Since it's already end of the month, any word on the (beta access) first big update for next week? Still on time? Can't wait! :D

Yes, it's still on track for next week. We'll announce the details when everything is ready to go.

Michael

Weekly maintenance is going to make more people happy. Yay.

Daily maintenance would still be good considering the great server meltdown of 2015!

Good to see the match making for private groups has got some attention.

Thanks for the update Michael.

Daily maintenance would still be good considering the great server meltdown of 2015!

Good to see the match making for private groups has got some attention.

Thanks for the update Michael.

People learn on the mistakes, be it their mistakes or mistakes of someone else. Switching to weekly maintenance means that they are prepared for it.

Yes, it's still on track for next week. We'll announce the details when everything is ready to go.

Michael

1.1 beta time is upon us, yaaay! :) Can't wait and thanks for regular slew of fixes!

Also I see there's exploit fixed for duplicating cargo. Nice to see this one go too.

Last edited:
oh god, oh god the panic of every new update <paper bag, heavy breathing>

Each one improves or wrecks combat for me and as im currently getting support to check all my tickets, it'll be gutting to get a refund of my lost credits only to be stuck on trading/exploring until god knows when.....arrrgh.

1.3 heaven > 1.4 broke everything > 1.5 could fight smaller ships > 1.6 can fight everything but with a huge stutter after the explosion.

hopefully this update doesent affect any of this. On the flipside, weekly maintence is good aslong as things are improving and not getting worse.

Those people will whine about it being weekly now. They had no ground to stand on in the first place.

I for one am delighted, I've even changed my signature from "please don't" to "hurrah, they're not" :)

P.S. and although I may not have had much ground to stand on that does not change the fact that reboots every single day smack bang in the middle of my gaming slot were causing me a lot of pain. Weekly reboots I can live with. Thanks FD, much appreciated.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom