Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.02 Incoming - 4pm GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Regarding the current server outage preventing 'Outfitting': Michael, if you want to be able to monitor your servers 24/7 and receive alerts automatically, please check out LogicMonitor.

I'm another of those explorers who rushed back into port for the 1.1 patch.
I'm suffering the same CTD in UniCart that a lot of others are seeing. I have data from both before and after 1.1, though most of it is before 1.1.

I had a look at the Galaxy Map tonight (as it's something I can do sat in the hangar), and I have a speculation as to what has happened with UniCart.

Some players have complained that systems have changed. Stations added, removed, renamed.
I've found a system that's been warped 5000ly across the galaxy and in doing so has broken my system data.
V1357 Cygni used to be at [-1841:95:610]. I'd scanned the 2 objects there, the main star and a black hole designated Cygni X-1.
Cygnus X-1 is meant to be 7000ly away from Sol at the star HD 226868 which used to be found at [-7095:401:2396]. V1357 Cygni is now located where HD 226868 was. It is now in the correct location, but with the wrong name. The replacement for where V1357 Cygni used to be is now called "Star of India".

Another system is HD 227018 [-1638:78:535]. I've definitely visited it, and I can see the system data button is highlighted. Clicking it sends the map into a loop of searching for the system data and never completing. Pressing ESC drops out to menu, and I can close the game gracefully.

I reckon these map changes are breaking the correspondence between a Cmdr, the data from their system scans, and the new locations. It may be a reason why UniCart is constantly crashing for a number of players but not others. The players who have been out exploring for more than a couple of weeks will have older data that may be incompatible with the updated galaxy map schema.

Like I said, I'm speculating.
In the meantime, I'll be kicking back in my comfy cockpit chair, paying the hangar rental, and working out what I'm going to spend my exploration credits on when I can finally access UniCart. :)

Some more speculation (cos it's fun while you cannot play/don't want to risk playing) - the sort of changes you describe would likely also do a pretty good job messing up some, if not all, third-party star mapping and trading tools. Could someone at FD actually have made the call to make a change like that deliberately, for that exact purpose, without realizing what it would actually do for those holding old data in their ships out on the fringes of Known Space? Exploration, along with the sound, were the two things I most enjoyed in ED. Both are now broken. Oh, and BTW, like with the sound, many of us pointed out that selling cartographic data was completely broken during much of 1.1 beta, as you could never connect to the cartography server. That was ignored. And, here we are.

Last edited:
Can't buy anything in Outfitting. Or apply decals. SERVER ERROR 401. First significant update 1.1 has rendered half-finished game unplayable. Still no word on Kickstarter rewards, in-game or physical. Orange 3-D dashboard is rubbish. Unidentified Signal Source mechanism for encounters is rubbish. Supercruise is rubbish. Missions are rubbish. Player co-operation is rubbish. Customer Support non-existent. I give up.
Lol you have to laugh. What's funnier is all the fan boys who still think its all great!.
In fact its so bad now I actually feel sorry for FDEV and I think we should calm the grief down a bit and rally round and be constructive so we can get this ship afloat PDQ.

You can't pay for this now, so I don't see how it is pay to win??

If it wasn't for these guys early backing you would not have anything to win.

(disclaimer - I am NOT eligible for the 2.5% discount)

I really get sad for this world today and everyone up on their entitlement horse.....bah

I'm just saying what I feel. It felt bad to be left out of the Beta. It feels bad to know that I will always pay more for ships and repairs and it feels like everything else. I don't feel entitled, but I do feel .. bad about it. It makes me not want to play this game. You can decide what you will about what that makes me, but I am being honest.

It's like going to a home poker game, and because the host bought the deck and it's at his house, he deals himself an extra card every hand.

Last edited:
Im just sat dealing with this, well I was
Will try logging back on in a couple of days to see if its been solved as I just cant play like this.

[video=youtube;NKNe1BElZoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNe1BElZoM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

If anyone missed it, its the horrible grating crunchy distorted sound accompanying every menu click or menu change etc
Have you had your ears de-waxed recently? Because that is how it has always sounded.

what about those who died because of some bugs ..
when the refunds of the credits/ships will be take care off ?,
i posted a ticket yesterday about my issue..

I personally think you will get the issue sorted mate if you post at least say 500 more times ;)

Lol you have to laugh. What's funnier is all the fan boys who still think its all great!.
In fact its so bad now I actually feel sorry for FDEV and I think we should calm the grief down a bit and rally round and be constructive so we can get this ship afloat PDQ.

I must be a fanboy as im still enjoying the game since beta. So far fingers crossed i havent had any of the problems ive seen posted on here recently. Each to his/her own. If you do not want to play dont. Lots of us will and enjoy it :)

same here no refund and still waiting for a respond about my ticket number #00000036199 where I lost an ASP because of a mid air explosion.....

same here no refund and still waiting for a respond about my ticket number #00000036199 where I lost an ASP because of a mid air explosion.....

same here - thank you for all you do but I can use a reimbursement

TICKET #00000037187

P.S> - Love the route planning!

Last edited:
The game is out. Perks for backers and whatnot are great, if they are one time deals. I for one and starting to feel like a second class citizen. All these persistent discounts and what not .. It's pretty close to pay to win.
I think you might be overreacting just a little here.

I'm another of those explorers who rushed back into port for the 1.1 patch.
I'm suffering the same CTD in UniCart that a lot of others are seeing. I have data from both before and after 1.1, though most of it is before 1.1.

I had a look at the Galaxy Map tonight (as it's something I can do sat in the hangar), and I have a speculation as to what has happened with UniCart.

Some players have complained that systems have changed. Stations added, removed, renamed.
I've found a system that's been warped 5000ly across the galaxy and in doing so has broken my system data.
V1357 Cygni used to be at [-1841:95:610]. I'd scanned the 2 objects there, the main star and a black hole designated Cygni X-1.
Cygnus X-1 is meant to be 7000ly away from Sol at the star HD 226868 which used to be found at [-7095:401:2396]. V1357 Cygni is now located where HD 226868 was. It is now in the correct location, but with the wrong name. The replacement for where V1357 Cygni used to be is now called "Star of India".

Another system is HD 227018 [-1638:78:535]. I've definitely visited it, and I can see the system data button is highlighted. Clicking it sends the map into a loop of searching for the system data and never completing. Pressing ESC drops out to menu, and I can close the game gracefully.

I reckon these map changes are breaking the correspondence between a Cmdr, the data from their system scans, and the new locations. It may be a reason why UniCart is constantly crashing for a number of players but not others. The players who have been out exploring for more than a couple of weeks will have older data that may be incompatible with the updated galaxy map schema.

Like I said, I'm speculating.
In the meantime, I'll be kicking back in my comfy cockpit chair, paying the hangar rental, and working out what I'm going to spend my exploration credits on when I can finally access UniCart. :)

Sounds like a winner to me!

I've got a load of data from 1.0 that crashes me out every time I try to connect.
I'm hoping I didn't waste over 5000ly of my time:p

Uhh, so it seems like the stuttering has actually gotten worse in supercruise...
I don't think that's possible, i got smoother gameplay overall, and my cpu is an old Core 2 Duo.
Check your background processes to see if there's something eating your processing power while playing Elite.

Also, the game connection usage peaks at FSD engagement and/or it could be a memory issue too, so check those out if you want to be 100% sure.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, i can be the exception in this case. Just trying to help. =]

Having a great time... keep the updates coming. I believe the slave trade shut down was due to the events proximity to Lincoln's birthday.

The game is out. Perks for backers and whatnot are great, if they are one time deals. I for one and starting to feel like a second class citizen. All these persistent discounts and what not .. It's pretty close to pay to win.

Only second class Citizens feel beneath others... I'm not concerned what the other commanders get. Spend your energy doing your best, don't waste your pecious energy and time.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom