Update 1.10.2

Great Work!

I am so pleased with the Quality of Life update. For the last few moths I have been waiting almost an hour for the game to load. And its been taking almost 2-3 mins to load the theme maker items.

Have you reduced the LOD?

Now, when I walk away from my coaster, most objects disappear when I needed twice the distance for the same result before the update.

Core i9 7900X, Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme, Corsair Dominator 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz. PC is installed on a SSD.

If I sold my car, I too could have such a system. Real time rendering must be fun on that spec.

Whenever optimisations are claimed, I wonder if anything was taken away, compromised or even sacrificed! Like for example would we even notice if they decreased draw distance or something like that, which is not available to adjust in settings so we can't confirm the value. Where does 10 fps come from, not out of a hat. [gaga] .. [big grin]

Amazing!!! Since the Magnificent Rides update, it took me around 5 minutes to even load the Cobra screen... so before that it was just a black screen. Then, the Cobra screen would be stuck there for another 7 to 10 minutes. The parks were loading fine, but everything else like scenery items, toolkit stuff... all that was also taking up to half a minute to load. Not to mention the game was crashing every time I quit it. Now, seriously, the Cobra screen takes less than 10 seconds to load and there is no black screen before that. After I click on PLAY, it takes me 15 seconds to reach the menu, when before it was 15 MINUTES. The items are also loading almost like they did when the game was launched. Very happy with this update!!!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Glad to hear the majority are experiencing improvements to their game. Just a reminder, if you are still have problems, please file a report on our forums so we can look into the issue for you! [yesnod][heart]

If they are messing with the lod's in my opinion, it would be complete rubbish. This should be a slider that we have control of. Let us make the decision if we want the extra fps or not.

Pleasantly surprised with this update. I kind of lost faith in Frontier and expected them to just pump out more content DLC's. This was very needed, keep 'em coming.

I finally got some time and had a chance to get a first glimpse of the improvements. Loading got faster (wasn't a big issue for me) and I am glad to see that changing between tabs (scenery and building etc.) got faster although I still experience a lag of about 3-5 seconds when switching between tabs. It is still a bit annoying when building but not a gamebreaker as before.

I would be glad if the devs could have a second look on the tab-switching delay. It would be much appreciated. Otherwise I am really happy with this update! Good work [up][big grin]

Thanks Frontier, this update is great for someone like me, who likes to build big parks.

I was actually working on a framerate friendly park that i started 2 years ago (keep things small and try to keep the piece count to a minimum). But about halfway i just added too much stuff and the park was about to be not so framerate friendly anymore. After this update, the park just might be framerate friendly again. (I have yet to open it for guests but it seems very promising seeing the reactions so far).

Cheers.

I finally got some time and had a chance to get a first glimpse of the improvements. Loading got faster (wasn't a big issue for me) and I am glad to see that changing between tabs (scenery and building etc.) got faster although I still experience a lag of about 3-5 seconds when switching between tabs. It is still a bit annoying when building but not a gamebreaker as before.

I would be glad if the devs could have a second look on the tab-switching delay. It would be much appreciated. Otherwise I am really happy with this update! Good work [up][big grin]

I agree! Really the only thing for me now that's taking a little too long, even than before, is the tab-switching. Everything else looks great!

I agree! Really the only thing for me now that's taking a little too long, even than before, is the tab-switching. Everything else looks great!

Yeah that's the only problem I'm having too. The menus take forever to open! People are posting they take 1 or 2 minutes to open in some cases. There are a few bug reports about it (including mine) but they say they are working on it.

We've run tests and are seeing an average 3.5x faster game loading and 2x faster game shut down, depending on the setup - players with high spec PCs should see even greater improvements.

Wow, I finally loaded the new updated and started the game. Before the update it would normally take about 25-50 minutes to load to the main screen and then open a . Today it took about 2 minutes to load to the main screen and about 5-8 minutes to load the previous session with a 50%-full park! That's an amazing improvement!

[I had been leaving the game open and paused so I would not have to restart and reload it. That's why i didn't know there was an update put out 5 days ago. Now I'll be able to shut down regularly again to ensure I have the most up-to-date version. Thanks.]

Yeah that's the only problem I'm having too. The menus take forever to open! People are posting they take 1 or 2 minutes to open in some cases. There are a few bug reports about it (including mine) but they say they are working on it.

Maybe they could make it so that only the ones that are already placed in the park can be fully loaded while all others just have their icons loaded in the tabs, and not preload all of them into working memory (if that is even the current situation lol)

SIGNIFICANT performance improvement, FPS better across the board, even outperforming 1.6 which was my benchmark!

Park Tested: American Celebration Resort (very large, 2018-02 version)

1.61.10.11.10.2Comments
COBRA screen28s35s14sWOW!
Load from My Parks4:134:274:13
Lag until full FPS after park appears31s21s0Menus also quite responsive
FPS when paused22-2418-2224-26Building will be fun again
FPS unpaused, empty park, rides closed16-2213-1721-25
FPS unpaused, empty, rides open14-2013-1817-26
FPS with 100 guests15-2012-1717-23
FPS with 1000 guests12-1710-1417-21So much better

Also, it's interesting to see that once you load the first park, loading additional parks is even faster. My current version of American Celebration used to take over 9 minutes to load. Now the first load is a little over 6 minutes and, crazy as it sounds, loading this big park after loading another park cuts the load time down to 3:19. AMAZING!!! Obviously, some duplicate startup steps were eliminated during park loading. Very smart!

Thank you Frontier for all your hard work. It is great to have last summer's game back!

Thanks for the list. Interesting to see how much has improved. Unfortunately an increase of 2 to 5 fps still isn't enough for me to be able to enjoy the game without headaches or motion sickness. But then again I wasn't expecting double fps so i'm glad I was caref with being optimistic.

I admire people being able to play with 17fps.

YMMV, but I fully expect a trade-off between FPS and the ability to build very large, complex parks. What was painful was the sharper than expected decline introduced around 1.8. Now we seem to be back on the original performance curve and I can live with that. Of course, if Frontier can keep working on more ways to reduce CPU load and speed up big parks, I'm all for it.

thank you for this update guys;). I can already replay some of my parks. And took advantage of the latest DLC that I still have not been able to test since. It's already a good progress. Not yet on top but a good start.
I saw an info that Windows 7 has / will be entitled to DirectX 12 watch link ...
speaks about it all over the net

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/13/18263422/microsoft-directx-12-windows-7-world-of-warcraft-support
thank you for this update guys;). I can already replay some of my parks. And took advantage of the latest DLC that I still have not been able to test since. It's already a good progress. Not yet on top but a good start.I saw an info that Windows 7 has / will be entitled to DirectX 12 Watch link ...Sa speaks about it all over the net

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
thank you for this update guys;). I can already replay some of my parks. And took advantage of the latest DLC that I still have not been able to test since. It's already a good progress. Not yet on top but a good start.
I saw an info that Windows 7 has / will be entitled to DirectX 12 watch link ...
speaks about it all over the net

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/13/18263422/microsoft-directx-12-windows-7-world-of-warcraft-support
thank you for this update guys;). I can already replay some of my parks. And took advantage of the latest DLC that I still have not been able to test since. It's already a good progress. Not yet on top but a good start.I saw an info that Windows 7 has / will be entitled to DirectX 12 Watch link ...Sa speaks about it all over the net

I have seen that article as well. It will be very interesting to follow what developers of games are going to do now that Microsoft is going to support DirectX 12 on Windows 7.

Top Bottom