Update 1 and Early Cretaceous Pack coming 9 December to Jurassic World Evolution 2

I have a question about the update. Would we be able to turn off combat totally for all dinosaurs on Sandbox? Could different carnivores and different herbivores be able to be put in one big enclosure without them killing each other?

Digging the future update.
But I'm still looking for a way to automate the MVU like the ranger vehicle. And the ability for the ranger and MVU to shoot the flare themselves when in danger.

Also looking for sandbox with progression. Something that has every item and you still need to research and go on expeditions to progress your park.

Last edited:
It's the first time I won't buy DLC from Frontier. I am always happy to support you, but there are too many basics missing, scenery and the sandbox is not a real one without the activation of all things. And I've always bought all the DLCs so far, all of them from Planet Zoo and all of them from Planet Coaster, both PC and console. The sales figures are not that good for these reasons. I know some who were very happy, but now say that too many features are missing, it is not a real successor, more a 1.5! Most of all they are disappointed with the sandbox mode and that there are too few design options. Precisely because so much has been announced with many scenery items and we got only 20!!! Also the rides are 1 to 1 only from part 1 and not even bridges etc. are possible. It all seems unfinished somehow and that keeps many from buying the game. But I think there is a good chance to make the game better and give us the most wanted features...

Hello Park Managers!

Grab your Ranger Gear, because we're heading out on an archeological dig! We're excited to announce the Early Cretaceous Pack coming to Jurassic World Evolution 2 on 9 December. The Early Cretaceous Pack adds two new land dinosaurs, one new flying reptile, and one new marine reptile to the game, all from the Early Cretaceous Era.

You'll be getting to know Wuerhosaurus, Minmi, Dsungaripterus and Kronosaurus a little better over the next week, but you can check out the Species Field Guide for Kronosaurus in the video below:

If you find yourself in Hyde Park in London on 8 and 9 December, you can see the Kronosaurus come to life over the Serpentine during the evening, after sunset.

Releasing alongside the Early Cretaceous Pack is free Update 1! The Jurassic World Evolution 2 team has been hard at work making this world evolved even bigger than before. Update 1 will introduce more playable maps, more building sets, rock perch points for flying reptiles, and several other quality of life changes. and bug fixes. Read on to learn more:

DFW/JP Building Sets

Buildings and fences from the Department of Fish and Wildlife will be available in Sandbox Mode starting from 9 December. If you enjoyed the campaign mode and wanted to continue building using the DFW's building set, you'll be able to use them very very soon. Update 1 includes a full set of DFW buildings, from Restrooms and Lagoons, to Hotels and Viewing Platforms. We're also releasing additional Jurassic Park themed buildings, specifically Lagoons and Aviaries, so you can have marine and flying reptiles in your Jurassic Park era Sandbox.

Campaign Sandbox Levels

After Update 1 you can use the five campaign maps in Sandbox Mode. Revisit the Arizona desert, the Washington State mountains, the Pennsylvania airport, the forests of Oregon, and Yosemite National park in Sandbox and create some amazing dinosaur parks or facilities. We can't wait to see what you build in these locations. Which map will you build on first?

Flattened Sandbox Levels

Do you prefer to start with a blank slate in Sandbox Mode? After Update 1 you can! When you start up Sandbox Mode you will now have the option to start with a completely flat, tree-less version of any map. You can then modify the map topography and flora as you wish!

Rock Perch Points

Speaking of flying reptiles: they can now perch on rocks placed inside an Aviary, letting you and your guests appreciate their majesty when they rest between flights.

Balance Changes

We've done a few changes to game balancing based on some of your feedback. The frequency of storms and disease outbreaks in Chaos Theory should be less frequent after this patch, as should disease outbreaks in Easy and Medium difficulty Challenge levels. We've also made some tweaks to the Dominance stat, which should cut down on dinosaur fights, as well as decreased the likelihood of dinosaur fights causing injuries. Finally, we've rebalanced the combat stats of dinosaurs that can be involved in group hunts.

Accessibility Additions

Update 1 also comes with several accessibility additions. We've added in different subtitle colours for each speaker, an adjustable autosave frequency, and the game can be paused during cutscenes.

The DLC and free Update 1 will release on 9 December at 14:00 GMT, or at the following times in the time zones listed below:
  • 15:00 CET
  • 09:00 EST
  • 06:00 PST
  • 01:00 AET (on 10th Dec)
We hope you're looking forward to all these new changes and additions. Update 1 will come with various other tweaks and bug fixes, and the full list of patch notes will be released on launch, 9 December. Let us know what you think in the comments below! Be sure to keep an eye out on our socials for more information and screenshots about the dinosaurs and reptiles from the Early Cretaceous Pack. You can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, or join the discussions on our forums!
This is why I love you guys. Listening to the players concerns. Great job and thanks for everything

Pretty sure there is a difficulty slider on the Challenge Modes that does just that with a few challenges. That said, I wish they would add the option to turn off scientists AND leave them on and add expeditions for fossils, wild captures and research and instant incubation, all combat on or off or just herbivores or just carnivores into Sandbox mode so that everyone is happy. Turn it off if you want just god mode or tweak them or leave them on for a JPOG/campaign like experience in Sandbox.
No, that's not the same. There is a difficulty slider, but that doesn't mean I get to use any species I want on any of the maps. I want a gamemode where I gotta build from the ground up, send expeditions, research , acquire money, etc, but I cant do that with the current Challenges because they're far too limiting. No Carnivores or Genetic Modification on Germany, no Herbivores in Northern USA, very high threats in various maps, can't use certain species in certain maps not even Canada has access to all of them. If I just went to Sandbox with limited money, it wouldn't be the same because everything is unlocked, I can't gain new animals WITHOUT getting them in Chaos/Challenge first, there's no gratification of building up bc I can just turn money off at any time. It's not the same. Just give us the option to customize each Challenge Mode so we can play the game like starting a new JPOG Park or starting a new regular park like in JWE1.

Now that we (will) have JP aviary and lagoon, would it be possible to have JP safari count towards transport ratings? Seeing as we can have multiple tour stations and no monorail for JP era, that would make full JP themed sandbox perfect.

Even after this patch I still do not have a game mode that i can actually play. Update as you might, I'm just sitting here, looking at the icon of this game sitting on my desktop with absolute disappointment. I played for two days and after realizing that there is no longer an open ended, free building mode with progression, my heart sank and I have not played again since those two days post launch.

I'm very happy the rest of the community's concerns are addressed. The tweaks to dominance and disease are all good... now... please? Can I get something to play in this 60 euro game I paid for, supported the prequel and was hopeful for?

Again. Park Builder game without a Park building mode. Twice. How?

Even after this patch I still do not have a game mode that i can actually play. Update as you might, I'm just sitting here, looking at the icon of this game sitting on my desktop with absolute disappointment. I played for two days and after realizing that there is no longer an open ended, free building mode with progression, my heart sank and I have not played again since those two days post launch.

I'm very happy the rest of the community's concerns are addressed. The tweaks to dominance and disease are all good... now... please? Can I get something to play in this 60 euro game I paid for, supported the prequel and was hopeful for?

Again. Park Builder game without a Park building mode. Twice. How?
Um, there are three modes where you build parks. What exactly do you want?

All the new dinos looks amazing!

Well a common (at least from what I have seen) complain regarding this, is that there is not a "challenge mode" without the limits such as the dinosaur limit etc. Basically what we would like to see is a management mode, with the need of progress (research and dinosaur excavations) but without a time or number of species limit. Either that or just add a toggle to sandbox mode for need of reasearch/excavations.

All the new dinos looks amazing!

Well a common (at least from what I have seen) complain regarding this, is that there is not a "challenge mode" without the limits such as the dinosaur limit etc. Basically what we would like to see is a management mode, with the need of progress (research and dinosaur excavations) but without a time or number of species limit. Either that or just add a toggle to sandbox mode for need of reasearch/excavations.
So... basically JWE 1 style challenge mode?

One that isnt throttled by massive restrictions, yes? One i just get to actually build a park and play the game. I dont want Sandbox which totally lacks progression of any sort so why even have any game mechanics around it concerning the park if you arent gonna need them, I dont want chaos theory that restricts you with locations, species, eras and objectives, I dont want the new challenge that does much the same damn thing for some odd reason and the less said about the campaign the better. That's what I want. I want to PLAY the game.

Update notes sound good.

The completely flat sandbox maps are a nice touch. While you're at it, PLEASE reconsider the un-buildable zone in San Diego for sandbox - referring to the area right of the amphitheater, when facing main gate. It's entirely unnecessary and ruins an otherwise great map.

The balance changes proposed are a welcome sight also.

Yes. Exactly. Is that so very much to ask?
I suppose not... although personally I always thought people hated the original challenge mode... no real challenge, just slow grinding.

Anyways, the challenge mode in the first game didn't come till later, so they might add it to the second one at some point.

I think it should be pretty obvious at this point what we want in that regard, since it's been requested and talked about to death all over the place (or several places rather) by now...Just posted this in another topic but I'm gonna put it here again as well:

There isn't a single mode in this park builder/manager game where you can simply build and manage your park from the ground up without any stupid restrictions and limitations put on it in any way. Challenge Mode is more like yet another campaign with limited dino rosters, building restrictions and so on, same as Chaos Theory and the actual Campaign is nothing more but a repetitive tutorial where you don't even build a park. Sandbox right now is just boring for a whole lot of people because everything is thrown at you right away and there's no sense of progression whatsoever.

What we want is the possibility to start completely from scratch, with full economy, while unlocking EVERYTHING that's in the game for our park while we expand it. Maybe take a look at JPOG's standard game mode, that is pretty much exactly what we want. Clean slate map in every regard, no story attached, no limitations put on eras, dinos, buildings etc. just building and growing our parks while unlocking more and more in the process.

And as has been said many times already, the solution is as simple as giving us two more tiny option for our sandbox parks:

Expeditions/ Genomes 100% complete? Yes/ No
Research 100% complete? Yes/ No

That's all, nothing more is needed to make everyone happy and add a whole lot more replayability to the game and it really shouldn't be that hard to implement into the game.

You guys are aware that old gen consoles have a species limit per park anyway, and that is likely the reason behind the species limit in each challenge, right?

Not saying that what you suggest wouldn't be great, I also miss the sense of progression of the campaign from 1, and really liked how Secrets of Dr Wu integrated itself into the campaign, while disliking how Claire's Sanctuary was a separate campaign that was basically forced challenge mode, down to the Hammond foundation fee, which was not that great of a gameplay mechanic.

But, no need to be melodramatic about it.

Top Bottom