Update 11 Patch Notes

Deleted member 182079

D
Its more about unintended side effects- for example:

if you are starting out on foot you can run out of money and get stuck- now, Apex works on fixed fees, so if you paid for a trip to FC at system Y which them moved that cost extra you don't have, you'd need to find a way to deal with that eventuality, not to mention the possibility of perhaps 'farming' APEX between FCs as they go into deep space beyond the APEX range limitation- it might require some form of persistence the current system might not be set up for.
If they were clever about it, they could build a sort of bank (of Zaonce) credit system where if the player cash balance is below the required fee, provide a credit that will be deducted from the next payment the player receives.

Big if of course.

I also edited my post to cover other potential pitfalls, none seem particularly challenging to me to overcome though.

I never knew how to use the Bank of Zaonce. This sounds noobish but I thought we could buy better insurance for our ships??

• New “Protect” missions ask Commanders to defend against criminals attacking delivery routes. These missions pose a new challenge in both combat difficulty (teammates recommended) and time-response required. To account for these, factions will offer higher sums than usual.
  • @Bruce G this misions is available in horizons(console)????
I like the sound of these missions - Horizons PC for me.

No APEX, no problem. Ask another commander in game if you can join on a jump in their FC. If they have a fleet carrier, they probably have a ship with multiple seats too..

Elite Dangerous servers are now back online.
And unable to upgrade because of this. Again.

1647346084008.png

If they were clever about it, they could build a sort of bank (of Zaonce) credit system where if the player cash balance is below the required fee, provide a credit that will be deducted from the next payment the player receives.

Big if of course.

I also edited my post to cover other potential pitfalls, none seem particularly challenging to me to overcome though.
There are various ways around it, certainly, but it takes time to build a robust system. It might be APEX is deliberately basic to encourage more co-op teamwork.

Aswell as a significant update, another string of fixes!
Well done!
I really did not expect to be able to sit down though?
What a really pleasant surprise! :)
It was really needed, but I did not expect it so soon?

I really feel for the consol players though!
I hope you can at least port their accounts if they so wish?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom