Update 11 Patch Notes

Bruce G

B
Bruce - what does The following mean?
  • Checkerboard rendering is now automatically applied to low, medium, and high quality graphics settings. This option will reduce the cost of the planet terrain shader when in close proximity to a landable planet.
For settings other than ultra, a system is now in place to reduce the load from rendering planets. This should improve performance when flying close to them.

For settings other than ultra, a system is now in place to reduce the load from rendering planets. This should improve performance when flying close to them.
Is there a specific setting for this? ie: can I have everything at Ultra but then switch on Checkerboard processing specifically or will it only be enabled if I select the overall “High” preset or below?

EDIT

I ask because I currently run “Custom” settings with 4K, most things on Ultra but Bloom and Ambient Occlusion off. I get 60FPS in space but on foot sometimes drops to 45-50 … if switching on checkerboard for otherwise the same settings would get me 60FPS everywhere I’d be a very happy CMDR …

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this issue, have you raised an issue on the tracker?
Yes, it was known for a really long time, and a fix was attempted in Update 10 (see screenshot below)
CLARIFICATION: I'm talking about the SESSION LOG and the ARCHIVE sections of the Codex.
Captura.PNG

Top Bottom