Update 13, Narrative and Access to 4.0

Now you're just changing your argument. My post was in response to your incorrect claim that "The 4.0 was promised with Update 13. NOT the following week(s)."

Not true.

It's a completely different argument about horizons players not getting the full content, one I have not commented on.

Good try though.
Im aware of the "full content" will be on foot gameplay. But tho up there Alec Turner siad #987 Horizont players didnt even got the HUD gliches or the weapons melted down. Little things which are will be nice happening. I know thr 3.8 and 4.0 is actually 2 different dimension or "reality" in ED. Even kf this I dont really ubderstand how the conclusion are literally make sense in EDH if it does not have any effect of our gameplay.

Althoug at the patch notes are clearly say 4.0 will upcoming with update 13 and will be seen how it going on the next weeks.

We can argue about this but still Horizont players whos still ED players like any others who own EDO was kinda robbed from the experience of the "greate failure". Making an "intro" cutscene which playes every time i log in and it cannot be turned off some reason its nothing of any update of EDH. EDH didnt got any major update for years now. All the gliches, "fearures" are in there.

Last week i tried to jump in at Open Play to Scott to help CMDRs to fight. When i Pressed "J" my game has frozen. I closed the game log in back again log in into openplay and my loading screen where you see your ship's siluette was frozen again... and again... and again. So i decides to go back to private session

Surprise! Than my game are works. So i fought alongside with stupid NPCs against the Thargoids.
Even if i died... i lost all my combat bonds... oh yes please... in Odyssye even of your shio distructio. You DONT loose it at all. So other good reason to be unfair to Horizont players.
Fdev dont care about it i guess :D

In EDH you need grind more wasting time all over again if your ship has been destroyed. I dont think so this line of code is very deep integrated into 4.0. To be fair i'm still disappointed :)

Last edited:
As I see it based on the video above If EDH get to see the video, that officially marks the end of the Azimuth saga. Seamlessly, but “new” content is the glitching HUD and attack from the Thargoids, this marks the beginning of the new content only for EDO called “The Aftermath”. Of course on the lead up to 13 non of this was clear - at least to me. But it seems quite clear cut now and makes sense. For EDH you saw what happened, for EDO you now get the new narrative and gameplay.

As I see it based on the video above If EDH get to see the video, that officially marks the end of the Azimuth saga. Seamlessly, but “new” content is the glitching HUD and attack from the Thargoids, this marks the beginning of the new content only for EDO called “The Aftermath”. Of course on the lead up to 13 non of this was clear - at least to me. But it seems quite clear cut now and makes sense. For EDH you saw what happened, for EDO you now get the new narrative and gameplay.
I got it but still we are in the same Galaxy arent we? :D anything is happening in EDH has effect on EDO but not vica versa? Straange. This is my only big problem alongside I ready mentioned stuff.

"Therefore, Horizons players will be able to witness the final event in the Azimuth Saga and access related gameplay scenarios." But the aftermath is for when v4.0 comes in around the same time as transfers . So the" aftermath" should start then as noone has access to V4.0 ? So it's still in the weapon chapter and not in the aftermath ?

Yes the official statement clearly states that Horizons will "witness" the end of the Azimuth Saga, I take that as seeing video and the destruction left behind.

Yes the official statement clearly states that Horizons will "witness" the end of the Azimuth Saga, I take that as seeing video and the destruction left behind.
It's not an "upgrade" to 4.0 as such. Players will have the option to launch in 3.8 or 4.0, whichever they prefer. We'll make this clearer in the post.

4.0 is not required for Update 13 or to experience the conclusion to the Azimuth Saga. Interpretation 2 is more accurate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom