Update 17 Release Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The Spire sites look impressive, very ominous and imposing upon approach from orbit and while scouting around them in a ship. I haven't had a chance to gambol around them on foot yet though got into it with a few scouts while trying to dodge the flak, I think ECM works to help avoid the flak missiles, which are also very cool and thankfully not too difficult to avoid or tragic if caught within the detonation radius. Will be investigating more tonight. Thank you to the dev team, great stuff!

Before the last update when these missions became almost unbearable, informants would not-infrequently drop VERY close to the star.
If informants are now no longer spending unending amounts of time flying circles behind us in supercruise before finally dropping, I will be very much happier. I can hurry away from the star to minimize this occurrence. Will see.

Hilarious remark about the family-size burn cream! :D
SPF 10,000,000?
Something like that, yeah. :D

I hope I'll get the chance today to put that to the test. I hope it STAYS fixed. Those guys are bad enough without looping around endlessly... Particularly when they buzz you before they even spawn!

A bit off-topic but anyway :)

I do a lot of those missions, I did observe closely the previous behaviour and it seemed perfectly OK and realistic to me : in fact the informant starts in supercruise off from a (random ?) place in the system, station or planet, then has to fly towards the CMDR, as anyone would. That takes time, and speed as he goes full throttle until close to the CMDR, so 1) it may take him a while to slow down to safe drop speed.
During that time he will simply head for the CMDR, hence 2) buzzing by and turning around as many times as needed. BTW he won't try to avoid obstacles so each of these fast&furious loops is another chance to 3) crash into the star and leave that sunbath unusable low wake.
Best thing to do is : on entering the system, quickly get a few x00 ls away from the system's orbital plane ("above" or "below" the star), then cut throttle and wait for the informant to drop. In case he manages to hit anything anyway, just drop to normal space and back to supercruise, he will restart from his takeoff place.

So IMO : if now informants force-drop from SC at insane speeds right on the CMDR's position, I consider it the most inconsiderate self-jeopardy, or at least a new bugged behaviour. Sure it saves time, but immersion takes a(nother) beating... Will keep an eye on it 😶

Last edited:
... Ship pips revert back to original player values if they have been altered when ship AI temporarily takes control...

Why was NPC crew AI nerfed? Now an Elite NPC crew (after many many hours of training) fly and shoot like an incompetent crew. I think this important change should be included in the update notes.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: g1t
It hasn't been listed, but we have issues regarding FCs in thargoid spire systems that U17 rolled back to a control state outside of the thursday war tick, and without the proper alert -> control mechanic. The FCs haven't been ejected from the system, and the FC crew went missing.

The passenger mission board is broken.
When accepted a mission, the mission board is empty. You have to reenter the passenger mission board completely fresh from the starport services ..
Setting then all filters new like specific factions, REP .... Time consuming ... For me unplayable until bug-fix
I will have to do other things then passenger missions

details: GLIESE 9035 - Kozin's Folly / Group Passenger rescue missions to GERA - Federal Haven
with focus on Federal factions to gain reputation and Federal navy rank
-> setting filters to FED-factions and REP
When accepted a passenger mission you are sent back to starport services
yes. another example of FD randomly breaking something that worked previously. QA should be ashamed of themselves.

The new sites are beautiful! Also, finally some dedicated on foot content - its been long overdue. I hope that there is still more to come and more to discover :)

Please consider integrating FSR 2.0 at some point, as it would fix a lot of AA problems and might even yield a performance boost for a lot of us.
3.0 please!

Having done more stuff at the spire sites I have to praise it some more:

Obviously the looks, atmosphere and exploration gameplay are great, but these sites also totally deliver on the "spheres of combat" gameplay concept that was put forth and not meaningfully delivered by for odyssey ground settlements. I had fun dodging the shutdown flak, fun fighting banshees and the rebalanced revenants (both from a ship and the ground). There's even scouts and interceptors/orhtrus' to fight, which also requires you to deal with or evade the AA, ideally having multiple commanders each dealing with part of the problem to make it easier.

To the point that now I really wish the human odyssey CZs got reworked to have a similar sense of scale and mechanical depth with AA that is fun to dodge and more challenging ground fights / enemies to get to non-combat objectives that help your chosen side.

Having an issue with VR, sorry for this being my first post, but I've never had a problem with the game of this caliber. My issue is a crash to desktop related to entering the hangar at any docked position and opening the shipyard, Issue is linked below. Though at the moment it's telling me it can't be loaded. Thank you for making such an amazing game! I hope this can be resolved quickly and with minimal service interruptions!

Edit to add: I wasn't sure if this was the right thread to tack this onto, but I did search the issue tracker and saw nothing related to it.

Though at the moment it's telling me it can't be loaded.
This means that you reported the issue in the wrong web browser.

I can't tell you what the right web browser is: for me, Edge works and Firefox doesn't. For other people, Edge is the one which doesn't work. Either way you just need to keep trying different web browsers until one of them does. Some people have reported that using the same web browser, but selecting a Private Browsing window also helps, for no obvious reason. Others have reported that disabling "make my internet experience tolerable" plugins like uBlock Origin is necessary, but this doesn't seem to always be the case.

You can tell if you've got the right one without going all the way through the submission process by seeing if you get more questions - including some required ones - about your hardware at step 3: check that before typing in your bug description

Frontier: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/40447 is one of the better descriptions of this error, though there are plenty of others to choose from, especially if you count the times people attempted to report it and the bug ate that issue as well.

The passenger mission board is broken.
When accepted a mission, the mission board is empty. You have to reenter the passenger mission board completely fresh from the starport services ..
Setting then all filters new like specific factions, REP .... Time consuming ... For me unplayable until bug-fix
I will have to do other things then passenger missions

details: GLIESE 9035 - Kozin's Folly / Group Passenger rescue missions to GERA - Federal Haven
with focus on Federal factions to gain reputation and Federal navy rank
-> setting filters to FED-factions and REP
When accepted a passenger mission you are sent back to starport services

Yep getting same at robigo, after assigning a cabin, does not list the remaining missions have to go back to the main station services menu and reselct mission board -> passenger missions for each one

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom