Update 17 Release Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I've been solely interacting with a single Spire site over multiple sessions since the update released, so I have not encountered any of the new bugs elsewhere in the game.

But I came here to thank FDev for the Spire sites in U17. There is much to do there, at different levels so to speak, and I'm finding them very accessible and fun compared to other recently released new content.

I'm having a blast, in the air, on the ground and all around the site. Thanks FDev.

@sallymorganmoore A bug that I found when restocking tritium on my carrier is that the "Transfer all to carrier" button is now broken.

Issue Tracker: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/62025

While we are talking about the transfer buttons, the "Transfer all from carrier" to ship button has never worked if your carrier has more commodity than your ship has holds. What it should do is transfer the amount of commodity to your ship as your ship has holds. ie: your ship has 500 holds, it should transfer 500 to your ship and then subtract the 500 from your carriers holds.

There is a work around by setting up a buy order on your carrier but then you are paying for the commodity twice. Once when you buy the commodity at the station and then you pay again when you sell it to your carrier. Double dipping is not cool lol!

This is going to cause major problems on CG's for anyone that uses their carriers to transfer the commodities being asked for. So we need to vote to get this fixed asap please.

Thank you.

@sallymorganmoore A bug that I found when restocking tritium on my carrier is that the "Transfer all to carrier" button is now broken.

While we are talking about the transfer buttons, the "Transfer all from carrier" to ship button has never worked if your carrier has more commodity than your ship has holds. What it should do is transfer the amount of commodity to your ship as your ship has holds. ie: your ship has 500 holds, it should transfer 500 to your ship and then subtract the 500 from your carriers holds.

There is a work around by setting up a buy order on your carrier but then you are paying for the commodity twice. Once when you buy the commodity at the station and then you pay again when you sell it to your carrier. Double dipping is not cool lol!

This is going to cause major problems on CG's for anyone that uses their carriers to transfer the commodities being asked for. So we need to vote to get this fixed asap please.

Thank you.
I'm glad I didn't test the new release long enough to find this new transfer bug, I would have been more disappointed. I just checked and verified that my constant companion bug of having to enter my Secure Storage twice to register the cargo to my ship is still there, I honestly don't know how I'd react if it had been fixed.
They're not going to put QoL improvements to the "transfer to ship" button, this would require taking the few devs left away from the Thargoid content. The suggestion has been mentioned before...
But the transfer order is not a major problem as the money you pay go to your FC account, which is basically yours and you're not losing anything.

Last edited:

Thank you.
I added my can reproduce to the ticket. Have a full cargo bay on my Python that once I use the "transfer all to carrier" (which does work) the "confirm items transfer" puts it all back on the ship. There are only 4 confirmed bug reportings so If @sallymorganmoore does not work her magic we're stuck with waiting on the tracker.

Any work arounds??

As a trader working bgs for powerplay, this is game breaking bug. I'll watch this thread until fixed - not a rage quit, just game broke with no options to unload and reload cargo to sell to raise influence.

I added my can reproduce to the ticket. Have a full cargo bay on my Python that once I use the "transfer all to carrier" (which does work) the "confirm items transfer" puts it all back on the ship. There are only 4 confirmed bug reportings so If @sallymorganmoore does not work her magic we're stuck with waiting on the tracker.

Any work arounds??
Works fine for me - I tried twice with Tritium and Limpets - exactly as it always has.
(gave me something to do for 3 mins, as no CG or cutscene, or added game play)

(I'm only answering to this as I am ED4.0 Horizons only, with no interest in on foot FPS, and cant see anything for me in U17!)

Works fine for me - I tried twice with Tritium and Limpets - exactly as it always has.
(gave me something to do for 3 mins, as no CG or cutscene, or added game play)

(I'm only answering to this as I am ED4.0 Horizons only, with no interest in on foot FPS, and cant see anything for me in U17!)
Congrats; I fly EDO just for the graphic and GUI (former Xbox Cmdr), and do no on-foot gaming yet. Once I calmed down, seriously frustrating for an old man, I sold myself my cargo with a tailored buy order and was back into the fray running missions to save a system from an aggressive PMF. Sent a warning to our PowerPlay squadrons, so I hope it's fixed soon @sallymorganmoore as this really can impact BGS operations for us.

Truly remarkable

Kudos - Just noticed that the docking port horizontal is now once again correct

The price for that fix - the landing pad descent is offset by the same amount of offset that it took to fix the approach to the docking port

Can't make it up...

Anyone ever hear the phrase, "root cause" ?

Sorry - you get one or the other - not both...

Every fix requires that we break something else

Last edited:
"there are thinkers and there are doer's"
I bet he's got nike's on under that desk...……………………….
just do it...………………
and use a different spray paradoxically speaking

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom