Update 18.04 | Python MK II

Poor hamsters...
1715096538233.png

In Shinrarta and I can buy/replace core modules. Seems to be an issue with the FC and stored items
FCs only stock modules that are in the packs bought to fit out the outfitting on board, if the pack doesn't contain the E rated module to swap into the core slot then selling a core module on an FC can't work.

Wha!? Weird stats on the different SCO modules. B is identical to C except it generates more heat, but costs more. D is superior to B, because it's lighter, otherwise identical. At least on some classes

FCs only stock modules that are in the packs bought to fit out the outfitting on board, if the pack doesn't contain the E rated module to swap into the core slot then selling a core module on an FC can't work.
IME with my own carrier even without having outfitting installed I can store a core module which automagically buys and installs an E-rated module from "thin air"--same for station outfitting when they don't carry suitable modules.

Problem with prebuilt ships seems to be that you can't sell a normal core module, you can only store them with auto-buying an E-rated replacement, and you can't store a prebuilt ship module, you have to sell it. What a nice little catch-22 here🙃

Sorry if a repeat but I can't replace the default E-class modules in the standard Python MkII. It says "incompatible slot" despite the replacement being same size. Interestingly, I don't get the incompatible message if I try to install a "loaned" module. I haven't tried actually replacing it, as a size 2 PP won't do me any good.

My guess and hope is that this is an oversight and we'll be able to build these ships. Is 18.05 cooking yet? :)

Edit: Oh boy... Outfitting clearly says "cannot replace a pre-built module with a stored one". I have to be missing something here. Otherwise, these early release versions are pretty useless.

Last edited:
Sorry if a repeat but I can't replace the default E-class modules in the standard Python MkII.
Sounds fairly typical... I've completely fitted out the barebones with new modules without any problems, but, it may have been a server-side patch and rolling out slowly, as others reported the issue earlier.

Sorry if a repeat but I can't replace the default E-class modules in the standard Python MkII. It says "incompatible slot" despite the replacement being same size. Interestingly, I don't get the incompatible message if I try to install a "loaned" module. I haven't tried actually replacing it, as a size 2 PP won't do me any good.

My guess and hope is that this is an oversight and we'll be able to build these ships. Is 18.05 cooking yet? :)

Edit: Oh boy... Outfitting clearly says "cannot replace a pre-built module with a stored one". I have to be missing something here. Otherwise, these early release versions are pretty useless.
was answered earlier in thread
This isn't intentional, team are looking into it.

Top Bottom