Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just posted a bug report about Qwent not recognizing upgrades.

Thought about nuking the place from orbit but decided a bug report was probably the best option, for now.

Of all the things to be upset about or just cry about, the frequency of patching ? Really? Updates dont take that long, even huge ones. It's much better to have frequent targeted patches vs months of built up internal development that gets nearly no actual testing. It's not like you're doing anything in the game that is not moments away from minutes to hours of boring mind-numbing tedium that can easily be put on hold for an update.

It's good to hear that framerates are improving in areas. Though, i'm still waiting to see that foundational refactoring work that makes core aspects of the game actually fun and engaging and game-like and less dependent on calling random() for everything.

edit: also, frequent server reboots/patching is required not only for better tracking and discovery of bugs but also can be related to the poorly thought out way the game's narrative and stellar (including space stations) assets are handled in the game. So you have a choice, either a narrative that stops and goes in an immersion breaking stutter separated by long periods of nothing or a smoother progression that can attempt to retain a flowing narrative by frequent updates. A third option is unlikely to be in the cards.

Last edited:
I've just purchased the game and am trying to update it to the latest. I see at the beginning of this thread the notification of the update 3.05 but do not see an actual patch. How do I get it?

Mine (account 1) is updating through steam... Why is it 10.2Gb :S

When I try to update my FD version (account 2) the Install button is greyed out so I can't update.

[Edit]
FD version is now updating.

Last edited:
I've just purchased the game and am trying to update it to the latest. I see at the beginning of this thread the notification of the update 3.05 but do not see an actual patch. How do I get it?

If you are on a PC, you should see update instead of play in the launcher. If you are on Xbox/PS4 the update is slated for sometime next week, MS/Sony verification delays the release.

Well, I only get "PLAY" but I just downloaded it from Frontier so I assume it means it's already the latest with the update included.

Well, I only get "PLAY" but I just downloaded it from Frontier so I assume it means it's already the latest with the update included.

You should be good to go. I don't think a mis-matched client will even connect & play if it doesn't have the same version as the servers. The launcher (as well as Steam) do a pretty good job of keeping the client up to date automatically and a new install is always the latest available.

Are the in game clocks gonna change to match the country we live in, in the UK the clocks went forward an hour on Sunday and the in game clocks are showing the wrong time now.

Each year they leave the clocks as they are, and it goes back to being the right time again in the Autumn. It has something to do with them using a universal time clock, so in open play, if players get missions which end at a certain time, all players know what time that is. If you lived in Brazil, the time would not be -4 hours less to complete the same mission. It also helps to meet players at a certain location at an exact time in the game.

Have they fixed the AFM bug yet, been a while since I loaded up the game, as I'm way out at Beagle Point right now.

Last edited:
Any news on the much needed XBOX update?

Each year they leave the clocks as they are, and it goes back to being the right time again in the Autumn. It has something to do with them using a universal time clock, so in open play, if players get missions which end at a certain time, all players know what time that is. If you lived in Brazil, the time would not be -4 hours less to complete the same mission. It also helps to meet players at a certain location at an exact time in the game.

Yeah, you Brits are so lucky that the in-game clock is correct half the year! (when it's not BST and local time is the same as GMT/UTC) :-D

Here on the US East Coast it's either always -5 (EST) or -4 (EDT) hours off, neither of which is very helpful.

It would be cool if they could just add a second time to the side of the current time labeled as "local" or "player" time, and used your system's TZ and DST setting to calculate that time.

Any news on the much needed XBOX update?

Yeah, you Brits are so lucky that the in-game clock is correct half the year! (when it's not BST and local time is the same as GMT/UTC) :-D

Here on the US East Coast it's either always -5 (EST) or -4 (EDT) hours off, neither of which is very helpful.

It would be cool if they could just add a second time to the side of the current time labeled as "local" or "player" time, and used your system's TZ and DST setting to calculate that time.

It's a double edged sword.

half the time it is great yeah! ... the other half of the year I stay up too late and am consistently 1 hour late to work

also... I haven't looked for a while, but I remember when u used to send an in-game message, the correct time was stamped alongside it.

Last edited:

The timestamps on messages in your inbox (top left panel) are local time. Not quite as convenient as having a local clock always visible, admittedly!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom