Patch Notes Update Update 3.0.5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I am guessing what is posted on page 1? As the OP says?
I'm guessing that as well, but would be nice if the version numbers could be the same between the different platforms. Thought I have read about that, didn't FDev want to do that?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I'm guessing that as well, but would be nice if the version numbers could be the same between the different platforms. Thought I have read about that, didn't FDev want to do that?

On PS4 we have always had that mismatch, 3.03 was 1.16, 3.0.4 was 1.17 so its a good guess that 3.0.5 is 1.18. :)

I would have posted a sticky in the PS4 forum had I known about it, but I was away last week when 1.17 dropped and didn't see 1.18 until you had posted on the PS4 forum.

On PS4 we have always had that mismatch, 3.03 was 1.16, 3.0.4 was 1.17 so its a good guess that 3.0.5 is 1.18. :)

I would have posted a sticky in the PS4 forum had I known about it, but I was away last week when 1.17 dropped and didn't see 1.18 until you had posted on the PS4 forum.

I *think* they have no control over patch numbering on PS4, I’ve seen cases of the same patch having a different version number depending on the regional version of a game. They may even be auto-generated by the update system.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I *think* they have no control over patch numbering on PS4, I’ve seen cases of the same patch having a different version number depending on the regional version of a game. They may even be auto-generated by the update system.

I think its even more simple, the game didn't release on PS4 till it was already at 2.3.10 on the other platforms, and you obviously can't start a version on the PS4 at 2.3.10 off the bat, Lloyd did mention they were looking at ways to sort it out, nothing came of it though. :)

Last edited:
XBOX patch is out too - downloaded and played a little and was having issues avoiding interdictions (which are usually easily avoided?)

EDIT: Very sad no mention of the SRV crash or Disappearing Ram Tah mission is listed in post 1... had both issues in the last 6 days on the XBOX.

Last edited:
Played for 2 hours or so and wanted to say thanks for fixing the trade data, one of the best tools added to the game. Genuine sympathy for the mess your in though, as the "Reduced overloading Mission Boards to prevent disconnection issues" did not work and the intermittent program reboots have stepped over the line and become so routine the game cannot be enjoyed. Overall, still grateful though, as not being able to play (with 29 ships at Jameson Memorial), seems to cured my addiction to ED. I'll check back in a couple of weeks to see if you can get the programming aspect unscrambled and provided a consistent platform, similar to 2.4. Good luck.

I think its even more simple, the game didn't release on PS4 till it was already at 2.3.10 on the other platforms, and you obviously can't start a version on the PS4 at 2.3.10 off the bat, Lloyd did mention they were looking at ways to sort it out, nothing came of it though. :)
Yes, that was probably what I read and had in mind :)

I don’t know if this is a bug or intended but the advanced discovery scanner no longer picks up on missions objectives you have to find a nav becon to get the info if this was intended what’s the point of the high cost of the module

I don’t know if this is a bug or intended but the advanced discovery scanner no longer picks up on missions objectives you have to find a nav becon to get the info if this was intended what’s the point of the high cost of the module

It's a bug, there are quite a few bug reports in the bug reporting forums.

Are the in game clocks gonna change to match the country we live in, in the UK the clocks went forward an hour on Sunday and the in game clocks are showing the wrong time now.

Well, we in Italy always had such a problem, only the difference moved from one to two hours... :) we survived the problem, also, I think, is better to have a single time all around the game...

Deleted member 38366

D
Cynical version - Update 3.0.5 update very little stuff while leaving tons of broken stuff still broken.

Alternatively :
We fixed some of our "fixes" from 3.0.4 and we're happy to announce that some of these 3.0.5 fixes will soon(tm) be fixed in 3.0.6
chatt.gif

PS.
At times it seems they've moved from the already disastrous Agile Software Development to an even harsher Hyperactive Software Development evaluation or something.
Basically Software Development on ADHD :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively :
We fixed some of our "fixes" from 3.0.4 and we're happy to announce that some of these 3.0.5 fixes will soon(tm) be fixed in 3.0.6 http://www.falconfly.de/img/chatt.gif

Are we getting a 3.0.6? During 2.4, we got a few updates, and then Frontier went quiet until 3.0 dropped, leaving us with bugs for months before those bugs (at least some of them) were finally fixed in 3.0. I would not be surprised if the next update is 3.1 in late May or June...

Unless of course someone finds a credit-making exploit between now and then, in which case 3.0.6 will come out the next day ;)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom