VR support 'not at launch' for Odyssey

Looks like you called it and loved the Paige response, they really should write Boris' speeches. He'd be Prime Minister for ever.

Petrol heads and flight simmers are the ones who have taken VR to heart. Dirt Rally 1 & 2, Project Cars 1 & 2, Assetto Corsa, Euro / US Truck simulator, DCS and the upcoming MS Flight Sim - all in VR, either built from the ground up or converted (head of Microsoft’s upcoming Flight Simulator 2020 revealed that VR is now “very high” on the list of priorities). If Fdevs F1 isn't in VR it may well be their first major misstep (apart from, y'know, removing it from Elite), someone might wanna tell them that sim racers expect to have their wheel choices catered to as well - freaking entitled gamers :)
:LOL: When I first heard of it I had a vision of a database and spreadsheet on a mobile device and some cartoon graphics. Maybe it's the word "management".

I haven't said you're lying ... so now I add troll to the list of what I think about you. You are gaining a track record for making things up (still not calling you a liar)

You're quoting what Zac said to Alec Turner, which in itself was an opinion, and you insist it is a fact that proves there will never be VR in Odyssey, and cannot seem to grasp the concept that anything you type on this is opinion because you are not a Frontier employee. You are not the one working on VR in Elite Dangerous, that is why anything you say is an opinion ... nothing to do with whether you are lying or not.

Mate

I dont give 2 hoots what you think about me!!!!!!!

A message from a Frontier Staff is NOT an opinion it is FACT from that Frontier staff, it is not that Alec made that up, he was not even there when it was read out on that live stream. i have NEVER said that VR will NOT come to Odessey.

If you yourself can show you are an Employee of Frontier , then i will be very happy to meet you next time i meet up with them !

So i would suggest, maybe its not me that is the Troll but someone in this conversation may be ?

So i dont have a "Frontier Employee" name tag , but provided a quote from one that has said : CURRENTLY there is NO crossover , then you opinion is that i am lying ?

Thanks CMDR, that is how we all stick together in this cummunity, well done
I think you have misunderstood the meaning. To me it sounded like no crossover of game features. You can still all fly together in space or use SRVs on non-atmospheric planets.

But you could be correct. It's just an interpretation.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
It seems obvious to me that the split should be whenever the avatar gets out of the pilot or SRV Seat. It's when you start walking around that things get tricky.

This part we do not really know. No idea how or when the new "stunning planetary tech" gets tricky. It can get tricky way up high in orbit for all we know.

If Fdevs F1 isn't in VR it may well be their first major misstep (apart from, y'know, removing it from Elite), someone might wanna tell them that sim racers expect to have their wheel choices catered to as well - freaking entitled gamers :)

I have been advised that it's explicitly an F1 management game, so to me it seems to be more the Excel side of things in a nice graphic costume and actual racing being optional, if possible at all. Who knows. Apparently, the current market leader is SEGA's Motorsport Manager and that one resembles a Theme park quite a bit IMHO.

Codemasters have an F1 license in parallel (until 2025) and may do the version where you can actually drive something.

And as they've also acquired a Warhammer license recently, I think we can finally close the chapter of regarding FD as an Indie developer in need of our support. Financially, this year will be the best ever for them it seems, more than 70m GBP revenue expected. When Elite came out, Kickstarter funding it was.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
You think those who use VR might pay more than the rest of us, even though you think Frontier probably have an economic case for dropping VR at will?
I would pay extra for a VR supported version. I would also be fine paying extra for future upgrades with VR supported. One thing to remember is that - because of the unit cost - the typical VR player should be statistically more likely to have a larger disposable income.

Mate

I dont give 2 hoots what you think about me!!!!!!!
And that speaks volumes about you, not necessarily good ... but hey, you don't care.

A message from a Frontier Staff is NOT an opinion it is FACT from that Frontier staff,
And what if the message from that Frontier employee is them stating an opinion? That they stated an opinion is a fact, but what they stated may not necessarily be facts, but could actually be opinions. It's clear you have difficulty in recognising the difference.

If you yourself can show you are an Employee of Frontier , then i will be very happy to meet you next time i meet up with them !
HAH ... what makes you think any employee of Frontier wants to meet YOU? That's a very conceited and arrogant attitude you have there.

So i would suggest, maybe its not me that is the Troll but someone in this conversation may be ?
As you can't tell the difference between fact and opinion, I'll end this with saying it's a fact you are a troll. :p

I would pay extra for a VR supported version. I would also be fine paying extra for future upgrades with VR supported. One thing to remember is that - because of the unit cost - the typical VR player should be statistically more likely to have a larger disposable income.
I have blown all mine on Elite Dangerous T-shirts, mugs, badges, books, paintjobs etc. ;)

Yes i agree with you, and have already said so before.

But if we pay more then we should at least get the same.

Like, Odessey planetry landings and atmosphere only, maybe a small charge
Odessey planetry landings, atmosphere and FPS then we pay the full cost for the developers work, IE never goes on sale and is more than the normal DLC cost

And that speaks volumes about you, not necessarily good ... but hey, you don't care.

And what if the message from that Frontier employee is them stating an opinion? That they stated an opinion is a fact, but what they stated may not necessarily be facts, but could actually be opinions. It's clear you have difficulty in recognising the difference.

HAH ... what makes you think any employee of Frontier wants to meet YOU? That's a very conceited and arrogant attitude you have there.

As you can't tell the difference between fact and opinion, I'll end this with saying it's a fact you are a troll. :p

Bye

I would have thought, because of the unit cost, the typical VR player would have less disposable income ;)
Common fallacy, the people who are most likely to spend money are those that have already done so. Sure, they have less money right after buying the gear, but disposable income relates to how much more you earn than your base needs cost. A person is more likely to buy ”nice to haves” like VR headsets if they have a high disposable income. Those people will likely continue to have a high disposable income - thus increasing the amount of money available to spend on other ”nice to haves”.

Back
Top Bottom