Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Took a moment to bask in my new paint jobs. Think I'll need to come back to a station to really see the full effect though, lighting is very harsh in a vacuum.

opalescent.jpg

Also, third planet in this same system with "bark mounds". They don't exist. I swear they don't exist.

Yep - Missions are really fast to complete :)

Ah, the classic rep grind route. Been there myself; there's so many fleet carriers it's comical.

Last edited:
Also, third planet in this same system with "bark mounds". They don't exist. I swear they don't exist.
This is ironic.

Back before Odyssey, before Exobiology, I took quite a long exploration trip out past Colonia and back. It seemed like every biological I found was Bark Mounds. They were everywhere. I tried blowing them up with lasers and multicannons, but they were impervious. I came to the conclusion that Bark Mounds were the dominant life form in the galaxy, and would eventually take over.

I guess that has changed :p

A bit of googling suggests that the problem is that all these bodies also have geological features, and the presence of one blocks the spawning of the other 😾

Shame. I got first scan and footfall on the last one, I would have liked to be the first to find those old school biologicals... but it was not to be.
Well it can't be that simple. I've recently been on a planet that had both geologicals and biologicals. Perhaps it has something to do with Bark Mounds being pre-Exobiology types? I dunno.

Ladies and gentlemen of Elite Dangerous - May I introduce you to Hephaestus

Hephaestus.png

Haven't decided on the build yet - Maybe an allrounder ulility ship - Fit for a king :ROFLMAO:

King.png

Grinding from Prince to King was really tough - with the last rank taking over 3 hours to complete!

Either the BGS was against me, or Fdev thought a N00b of only 4 months was getting too cocky!

The ~20 ish missions available each time suddenly reduced to just a couple. And either I was getting tired, or the interdiction attempts seemed tougher?

Still - all done now. I'm hoping with King status, I get valet parking at Empire stations :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@algwat @Para Handy

I have never looked into voice pack stuff... must investigate!

To give you a bit of insight into what fun the voicepacks are, I made a really funny video today using the various off-beat characters in my HCS crew - even uploaded it to the yootoob before noticing that it contained none of the voice-pack audio whatsoever, not a peep. (I obviously deleted the video of me talking to myself and giggling at the non-existent voices.)

Despite several tries, loads of setting fiddling and endless googlifying I still can't get OBS to record the voicepack audio - I have no idea what is going on, it records my mic audio and the game audio - so where the flip is the HCS voicepack audio.

I give up.

Uhhh... maybe it's something to with code and programming and stuff. I might wait til FDev create the ATC that recognises their superior office. I expect it will happen in U20.

Uhhh... maybe it's something to with code and programming and stuff. I might wait til FDev create the ATC that recognises their superior office. I expect it will happen in U20.

I think it is because the voice pack audio is purely in the centre channel and OBS is only recording left and right front as stereo. I can record OBS in 5.1 but yootoob etc only plays stereo I think. Well I might experiment more another day.

Thanks I'll take a look. (y)

I've noticed each time I go up a rank, the next is already at 100%
I've been stacking 20 missions each run (Data courier) and even dropped ~10+ Mil in donations to give rep a boost.

What's slowing it up is the time until the next Navy mission appears.
They xp will stack in the background until u do the rank up mission for your current rank.

Out at the mining cg. Cpl runs in and at 50% before this turn in 75 limpits until i switch to the hidden "ground" one. Might do some blueprints whilst I'm at it.

About 2 weeks ago, I realised that there is a small nebula just 12 jumps away. Yes it took this long to get there. I am easily distracted. Anyway... I found this...

gcs sarasvati.jpg

Apparently it is the GCS Sarasvati. I'm not sure what it is here for... there is no option to dock. I am confused.

Also, turns out that you can't really see the nebula from the ground on the nearby ammonia planet, but it is (as all ammonia planets are) completely terrifying.

no nebula only fear.jpg

I hate it. I should know better than to land at the terminator. These places aren't so bad in the full light, but at sunset you feel like all kinds of horrible things are just waiting to emerge...

Well it can't be that simple. I've recently been on a planet that had both geologicals and biologicals. Perhaps it has something to do with Bark Mounds being pre-Exobiology types? I dunno.

Then I don't know 🐱 I'm doing my usual to find other biology; drop into a blue zone on a texture border, skim the ground. For ages. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Loads of geysers and lava spouts, but no bark mounds. Either they're incredibly rare, or incredibly hard to spot - or entirely absent.

About 2 weeks ago, I realised that there is a small nebula just 12 jumps away. Yes it took this long to get there. I am easily distracted. Anyway... I found this...

Apparently it is the GCS Sarasvati. I'm not sure what it is here for... there is no option to dock. I am confused.

Congats on the new ship. The Cutter is a fine ride, that's for sure.

For a long time I had just one that I would re-configure for various tasks, but there was a sale on them recently after some CG or other, so I now have 2 Cutters and I can just leave them configured in their most-used ways (cargo hauling and mining, while being well-armed, those are the 2 main things I use the Cutter for). And sometimes I just fly it because it's cool. :)

View attachment 299986

Haven't decided on the build yet - Maybe an allrounder ulility ship - Fit for a king :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 299987

Grinding from Prince to King was really tough - with the last rank taking over 3 hours to complete!

Either the BGS was against me, or Fdev thought a N00b of only 4 months was getting too cocky!

The ~20 ish missions available each time suddenly reduced to just a couple. And either I was getting tired, or the interdiction attempts seemed tougher?

Still - all done now. I'm hoping with King status, I get valet parking at Empire stations :ROFLMAO:
Well done!

The Cutter is a great luxury miner so it wouldn't take very long at all to recover the cost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom