Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Krait II and Phantom both can use a 7A but if a 6A is enough for the power you need you would not take on the extra weight and expense of a 7A of course.
My exploration Phantom runs on a 3A.
Well, that's even better news, I shall endeavor to persevere and scour all systems in the Colonia area to try and find at least a 6A powerplant (need to pay my bounty first). I want to locate that Fleet Carrier called "We Sell All Modules", their probably really expensive, as is everything out here.

Well, that's even better news, I shall endeavor to persevere and scour all systems in the Colonia area to try and find at least a 6A powerplant (need to pay my bounty first). I want to locate that Fleet Carrier called "We Sell All Modules", their probably really expensive, as is everything out here.
You don't need to fly around and hunt for it. EDDB.io and Inara website have a search feature you can use. 6A power plant is available from a planet surface station and an outpost (medium landing pad only) in the Colonial system itself. See:

The fleet carriers do sell at a premium, usually about 10% extra. Not too bad. It was a 7A Power Distributor I had to go to the Fleet Carrier for now I think about it.

Damn, didn't notice I was that close to 2½ million LY mark, overshot it by a kylie. Oh well, gonna celebrate it true explorer style. ;)
🥃
The space madness lurks in those dark corners of one's ship all the time. Luckily the VOID is your friend. Embracing true exploration with some Imperial Stout. 🍻
stout.jpg

I engineered a Dolphin specifically for the purpose of smuggling 5 tons of cargo, because G5 Power Distributors are only available for criminals who do smuggling - or those who leave the occupants of occupied escape capsules to an uncertain fate.
And, officer, I would like to point out that I did these heinous crimes with utmost reluctance - they made me do it!(!!)
Unlike the other crime which I have to confess:
I didn't like the Dolphin.
I loved the handling, jump range, speed, temperatures and being able to charge to charge my FSD while fuel scooping.
But I couldn't bear the engine sound and all that shaking.
And so I sold my Dolphin after having smuggled 5 tons of cargo.

However, back in these days (a few weeks ago), I considered material gathering an undesirable chore.
Therefore, all engineered modules in my Dolphin were selected to be usable in a Jumpaconda.

What am I up to this arvo....

Trying to resist the urge to open a vein after three hours of the most tedious gameplay ever invented. Maybe some people like this "exobiology" - personally I think I might take up gargling with nitric acid for something more interesting...

BTW - When did the exploding raw material fragments first appear? I never noticed it before but had a nose-around between bacteria patches and sure enough, going over a raw material fragment with SRV tyres either just obliterates the fragment or makes it explode and send the SRV into the air (tenuous™).

I'm off back to Horizons and Vista Genomics can get stuffed.

Last edited:
I found and bought a 7A power plant, added a second 3D multicannon, I found it at that Fleet Carrier "All Modules 4 Sale", it was 25Ls away from Jaques. Also, it was approximately 80 ton lighter than the 6B I was using.

What am I up to this avro....

Trying to resist the urge to open a vein after three hours of the most tedious gameplay ever invented. Maybe some people like this "exobiology" - personally I think I might take up gargling with nitric acid for something more interesting...

BTW - When did the exploding raw material fragments first appear? I never noticed it before but had a nose-around between bacteria patches and sure enough, going over a raw material fragment with SRV tyres either just obliterates the fragment or makes it explode and send the SRV into the air (tenuous™).

I'm off back to Horizons and Vista Genomics can get stuffed.
I think U10 introduced them.

So, the heavier modules are more robust? They can take more punishment?
Yep, that's correct. Just in case you have not yet aware of the rate different:

E - Absolute crap in most case except some weapons are only available in this rating.
D - The lightest, and of course less hp than the others/
C - Economic all rounder
B - As mentioned, the toughest of the class and the heaviest.
A - Charm of the class, the most expensive.

Having some fun with inertial impact burst lasers, those c2 hardpoints on FDL actually make them like lazor shotgun.
1650038686245.jpeg

Maybe some people like this "exobiology"
Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Sorry. :)
When did the exploding raw material fragments first appear?
It's been there for a while. It was supposedly fixed at one point, but it still happens.
==============================

As for my current adventures, I'm still out doing the exploration thing. Got a few first disco's today, several first footfalls, and scanned a few new plants.

The planets I landed on today were interesting and scenic. That's more than half of the reason I go out here -- just to see new sights.
asds.jpg

Well, this one was more of a barren wasteland. Still I liked the feel of it - lonely and desolate.
ewrwerew.jpg

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Sorry. :)

It's been there for a while. It was supposedly fixed at one point, but it still happens.
==============================

As for my current adventures, I'm still out doing the exploration thing. Got a few first disco's today, several first footfalls, and scanned a few new plants.

The planets I landed on today were interesting and scenic. That's more than half of the reason I go out here -- just to see new sights.
View attachment 302291

Well, this one was more of a barren wasteland. Still I liked the feel of it - lonely and desolate.
View attachment 302292
Only just started on exobiology. It's kind of mediative, relaxing and another thing to do to break up the travelling. I quite like it but not OCD about it having to find samples of every plant - I'll go for the easy finds and move on.

I quite like it but not OCD about it having to find samples of every plant - I'll go for the easy finds and move on.
When I started out I was intent on scanning everything. It took quite a while before I stopped doing that.

Now I'm at the point where I use Elite Observatory and the Bioinsights plug in to predict the type of plants that might be on the planet :)

I always scan the important/rare ones, but I do skip some of the others.

However, back in these days (a few weeks ago), I considered material gathering an undesirable chore.
Therefore, all engineered modules in my Dolphin were selected to be usable in a Jumpaconda.
I feel the same way and will always check if my current ship has engineered modules which are top rated in the ship I want to buy, since acquiring money seems to be easier and more interesting than acquiring materials. It just seems like common sense to me, unless you're rich and looking to expand your fleet in every direction. Where I am now, after previously putting everything into the Krait MK II, my primary goal would be to have a single ship in each class. Maybe two at a stretch, but the iEagle and Cobra MK III are quite cheap so there's barely a sacrifice in having both. Except in time and resources taken up with engineering.

I feel the same way and will always check if my current ship has engineered modules which are top rated in the ship I want to buy, since acquiring money seems to be easier and more interesting than acquiring materials. It just seems like common sense to me, unless you're rich and looking to expand your fleet in every direction. Where I am now, after previously putting everything into the Krait MK II, my primary goal would be to have a single ship in each class. Maybe two at a stretch, but the iEagle and Cobra MK III are quite cheap so there's barely a sacrifice in having both. Except in time and resources taken up with engineering.
Meanwhile, I took a different approach and just decided that the "pain" of material gathering usually resulted from the idea that I was somehow "forced" to do it when I wanted to do something else - like building and engineering a new ship. Also, I used to spend quite a lot of hard-won materials at inefficient cross-trades to get the ones I needed. And my solution to the problem was to systematically fill my material storage, mostly to the limits - at least for raw and manufactured. It wasn't that hard or "grindy" after all - it was just like earning money in a different currency. And now, when I want to engineer a ship, I just do it and spend materials with reckless abandon, usually clicking all the way to the end of G5.

Back
Top Bottom