Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I bought a diamondback explorer and took it to a couple of nebulae nearby.

There's Dryooe Prou AA-A H131. We'll call that the pretty one
mDtrEkzh.jpg

And Dryooe Prou AA-A H55. We'll call that the wispy one.
kyHivAHh.jpg

Looking back at the pretty one through a veil of the wispy one, brightened in retrospect
SbnheN0h.jpg

And bringing a touch of civilization to Colonia, we'll be recycling the temporary company Cobra, in favor of the freshly arrived original company Dolphin.
FGRrc4ch.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still wandering around those guardian sites, got 3 module + 1 vessel blue prints. Will try get some weapon blue prints as well and having hard time choosing between G.Guass cannon and G.plasma charger...

Significant set back on my EDH progress as I'm hopping between DCS and EDH after watching Tog Gun: Maverick ...

I found myself like a fresh DCS player after almost half year focusing on EDH 🤷‍♀️

The only key binds remain in my memory were landing gear, flaps and arrestor hook (for tomcat & hornet).... I have review from scratch for each modules i purchase.....🤦‍♀️

Quick question, what is the blue + sign in-between your shield strength and hull integrity HUD? It's not there all the time, every now and then.
I believe it shows a Regeneration Sequence is happening, which is a laser weapons special effect that can heal friends shields.

There are all sorts of symbols that show up there and in the target display to inform and warn of you of things like that or corrosion etc.

Two modifications to go then I'm done with on-foot engineering. At least for a good while.

Stabillity needed for my sniper rifle. And, I think, I'm going to go for emhanced tracking on my battle suit. I'll do the latter last in case I change my mind.

I really ought to get back to exploring soon... the rank-up is close enough to smell but not enough to touch.

Will try get some weapon blue prints as well and having hard time choosing between G.Guass cannon and G.plasma charger...
G.Guass cannon if you want to knock out a Thargoid heart quickly and you have good aim. It's considered the 'meta'. If you're like me and can't aim a railgun type weapon if you're ship depended on it, the Guardian Shard cannon is the next best option.

Looks like the nebula is not showing properly - too dark. It's a 'feature' of Odyssey - some nebula turning invisible or just being black. Are yo playing Odyssey here?
I switch back to Horizons to take a look at nebula now.

I have brightened that picture to show up better!
SbnheN0l.jpg

I find such faint features sometimes appear almost inverse like this, by blocking out milky way light, but would be curious to compare horizons side by side, too.

Last edited:
I have brightened that picture to show up better!
SbnheN0l.jpg

I find such faint features sometimes appear almost inverse like this, by blocking out milky way light, but would be curious to compare horizons side by side, too.
Not all nebula suffer this problems in Odyssey, but the Flame Torch Nebula is one of several I've seen that does:
Odyssey
m2wWa6u.jpg

Exact same location and ship orientation in Horizons:
DTjaWwX.jpg

Cool! I've been wishing for more weather and fogs and rains and more winds yeah

Hey haha my space combat career milestone! I almost beat my first promotion in combat, with my elite promotion in exploration, by one day (playing 1.25 years)! Ha ha I guess I'm just too powerful a combatant to have achieved elite exploration without that kind of serious accolades! puts mostly harmless patch on exobiology suit
Bd4yji5.jpg

Ugh.
My quest for Federation reputation missions for rank without data courier grinding has gone downhill in the latest system I'm based in. It's all planet scans for 5 rep+, so I'm just grinding those instead of data courier missions now. They require a trip to IF after each batch of 8 to 10 I do.

Weather would be a great addition. Wind, electrical storms... It'd be great!

However...

Given their track record, we'd all have to be running with overclocked 12900KS's and triple 3090ti's in SLI to cope :D

Just kidding.

But I would like my SRV tyre tracks back in U12.
That would indeed be great. I prefer space stations for convenience and tend to land on planets only as a necessity, but I'd lean much more towards planetary landings if the environment actually felt alive. For some reason LV-426 heavily springs to mind.

Given up on not grinding Fed Rank with one more rank to go. Endless planet scan and block box recovery for decent rep+ for time spent get tiresome too.
At least I get to do courier missions in the delightful Imperial Courier (for Federation rank #irony) that has a boost speed so fast you're almost instantly out of mass lock leaving a station. Small pad access = no delays landing.
V0LxQXP.jpg

Top Bottom