Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Been absent from this topic a while, due to travel to Sagittarius A.
Took a selfie of my Challenger and turned around.
Now on the 11000 ly jaunt from there to Colonia, so I'll be absent a while more.
If I make it that'll be 37,000 ly without any repairs. 555 jumps to go. So far I've only cooked the chaff launcher due to fuel scooping carelessness.
A quick calculation reveals that by the time I get to Colonia I'd have done approximately 1,850 jumps since leaving the bubble and scooped from around 700 stars. Then only 20000ly back to the bubble.

In case I don't get a chance beforehand, Happy Christmas folks!

There's a whole technique for high-gravity landings. Basically, take it really slow, and never, ever, dip the nose. Keep level at all times. Never hit the down thruster, either.

There was a great writeup and video of how to do it a while back, on the old forums, but I've lost track of it.

Take a look at the latest Sagittarius Eye (Issue 21 May 3305). There is a feature on High-G landings on page 56

Had a few days off, jumped back into my T-10 to whack some Thargoids.
It's got four AX turrets for the scouts, plus two railguns for fixed weapon practice.

Needed a change, so I've got the FAS out, fitted a couple of gauss and AX turrets.
My word, the speed is shocking, this thing shifts.
Suddenly I can't hit the scouts with the fixed anymore.
Upside is the scouts are struggling to hit me now. :unsure:

Edit: Finished a bit of engineering on the FAS, set off for Phrygiang, 11 jumps. Final jump... Hyperdiction! Great stuff. :D(y)

Last edited:
Decided to hang out in Shinrarta Dezhra for a while. It struck me though: for a place that's sort of a mecca for those who've reached the required "level" and Jameson himself being such an icon, well, I, for one, would have thought the whole system would be, well... more impressive somehow.

Perhaps a unique looking station.

Perhaps I expect too much :LOL:

I can understand that, but I actually loved it when I arrived and spent time cruising around checking out all the interesting beacons for history of the system, elite this and that, Founders etc. Love it there.

Wouldn't mind moving to Colonia since my fleet is basically done, but soooooooooo expensive to move the ships.

Had a few days off, jumped back into my T-10 to whack some Thargoids.
It's got four AX turrets for the scouts, plus two railguns for fixed weapon practice.

Needed a change, so I've got the FAS out, fitted a couple of gauss and AX turrets.
My word, the speed is shocking, this thing shifts.
Suddenly I can't hit the scouts with the fixed anymore.
Upside is the scouts are struggling to hit me now. :unsure:

Edit: Finished a bit of engineering on the FAS, set off for Phrygiang, 11 jumps. Final jump... Hyperdiction! Great stuff. :D(y)
Winged up with a chap in a 'bugged' AX CZ. Was only spawning scouts, I think we killed a couple of hundred between us \o/.
Then some other Commanders dropped in and one of the big jobs spawned... So I went crazy ramming it.
Death or glory! (death :ROFLMAO:).

I can understand that, but I actually loved it when I arrived and spent time cruising around checking out all the interesting beacons for history of the system, elite this and that, Founders etc. Love it there.

Wouldn't mind moving to Colonia since my fleet is basically done, but soooooooooo expensive to move the ships.
I suppose it depends on the hulls you have in your fleet.It might be cheaper to ship over the engineered modules and fit them to a stock hull, but they won't all be available,of course,at least until the second hand market gets up and running. ;)
But half the fun is tracking down new sources, imo. Just make sure to bring the right blueprints,and a guardian FSD booster if you have one.It's worth the trip just for the wildlife.

Edit:just checked my stats progress (by chance) and noticed i recently passed the 10,000 jump mark,which gives me the interesting metric of 29.1ly / jump.Another minor piece of the puzzle solved.
Getting ready for a run down to the transmitter/codex site.Was hoping to join up with the Gnosis for the jump into IRAS,but that's a wash,so this is plan B.
Bins sort of fullish apart from our old friend Mr.Polonium,who's a third of the way there,everything else in the green, so big black, here we come.

Last edited:
Odd... I was merrily in SC heading to a station, scanning ships as normal. All of a sudden I get the "new material" message pop up. Hello, I think. Classified Scan Fragment. I now have six. Which is odd as I though they came in three's and this one sounded familiar. Perhaps I'd already traded for three at some point.

I also found an outbreak system. Hoorah No HGE's though. Boo.

I also found a new - well, new to me - transmission: combat aftermath. I didn't visit it as my ship has no weaponry and it was threat one. What "stuff" can you find in these?

After some more pootling around with no particular aim, I found a nice lava geo:

A1xoK09.jpg

Last edited:

Well you could fly each one out there coming back in a cheap taxi each time or even a notorious Sidewinder shortcut to collect the next.

I've made it to the Cat's Paw. Eighty-some jumps; chump change, I know...Anyone know why EDSM won't update my distance from start? It's a little disconcerting to see it still under 5K, since I'm only out here for Palin. I know I've gone far enough, but it'd be nice to have that confirmed somewhere. Come to think of it, is there anywhere in game that shows the same stat? I have no idea what the name of the "start" system is...

I've made it to the Cat's Paw. Eighty-some jumps; chump change, I know...Anyone know why EDSM won't update my distance from start? It's a little disconcerting to see it still under 5K, since I'm only out here for Palin. I know I've gone far enough, but it'd be nice to have that confirmed somewhere. Come to think of it, is there anywhere in game that shows the same stat? I have no idea what the name of the "start" system is...
Yes. you can see distance from start in your stats, or on the engineer page for Palin.

So, regarding attacked stations.
I've only just realised that when the Thargoid presence has gone, so have the salvage missions. Shame, I really like these.
What to do?
Parked the T9 back in Diaguandri, bought and modded a Rescue Conda specifically for Pax rescue.
D8K07O0WkAACtP4

I found this new way to grind rank:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bld0al Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/bld0al/rank_grind_that_doesnt_feel_like_a_grind_see/

To sum it up: You fill your cargo with commodities needed at repair stations like Ceramic Composites etc, pick missions at those stations asking you to "source and return". Since you already have those commodities in your cargo, you can complete the mission, without leaving the station.

Now that Ceos/Sothis is nerfed, and the Thargoids have become lazy this one actually works quite well. You will get interdicted by pirates, but that only adds to your Combat rank (bonus) :)

OU Geminorum currently has two stations being repaired, and each station has four Fed Factions.

I haven't tried it, but another way could be to fill up your cargo with Ceramic Composites etc, and then go from one repair station to the next using the games galaxy map, picking and completing missions to Fed factions there.

I'm hanging out by Beagle Point at the moment, just exploring the systems somewhat nearby that haven't been tagged yet. I think I'll stop by Semotus Beacon while I'm in the area and then wander back in the general direction of the bubble.

It's been a little tough deciding if I want to follow along the outer edge of the galaxy or go straight down the center, set up camp at Explorer's Anchorage, and scan the core region for a while. Either way, it looks like it might be awhile before the "Stargazer" is seen flying around the bubble again. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom