Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Post your build.

If you're not sure how to do that, you can go to your INARA account, to your Commander / Hangar / Ships and select your Vulture. Down at the bottom there's three links where you can export the build. Click the export to Coriolis button and post that link here.
Well, INARA doesn't work with museum pieces...
I'm still stuck in Legacy, you know. Any updates you might have seen on my INARA page have been implemented manually.

But luckily, I recently added EDDiscovery to my list of aftermarket software...
Vulture
I don't claim this to be perfect in any way.

Dude. He just wanted to fly it without having to sink all kinds of engineering into it. Nothing more. That's why I wanted to see his build to see what he actually had fitted.
I'm still stuck in Legacy, you know. Any updates you might have seen on my INARA page have been implemented manually.

Vulture
Ahhhhhhh...here we go:

First off, lose the 3A life support and 4A sensors. Use D rated for that. They're lighter, smaller, and use less power.

I would also run an overcharged power plant, not armored. A few level one clicks will give you a LOT more power.

Lose the 5A shield and go with a Bi-weave.

Lose the point defense turret. It's going to be essentially useless to you.

Is this build for PVP then?

...must admit i think there's no shame in Engineering for PVE - how else do you get your Vulture up to readily taking on a deadly Fer de Lance, or turn a Fer de Lance into an Anaconda-muncher?
I "grew up" with engineering... Got my first invitations from engineers while I still was in the Pilots Federation's Academy.
Shot my ticket to Tod's place in their proving grounds.

Vulture

Nice, that is a fairly well engineered build for PVE?

and re: power, basically your cargo hatch etc. deactivates when you draw weapons - though it should all work well in combat...

*you can also set your SCA & docking comp to 3 as they are unnecessary in combat

Last edited:
Here's my modules / power priority setup... currently with one AX multi-cannon (because... Thargoids^), but it works well with 2x 3C beam lasers as well...

20230207152809_1.jpg20230207152207_1.jpg

the firegroup setup is sweet & simple - ie: either scanners or weapons - though this also does generate a few error messages from time to time...

20230207152459_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd disagree with @Marvin the Martian in a few points - if you lose the shields (which can happen on the Vulture), the Vulture is prone to losing the canopy next. In which case the difference between the D and A rated life supports is that the former will force you to run for the next base, the latter will give you enough time to spank that attacker thoroughly.
But yes, D rated sensors are good enough in most cases - the Vulture is designed for knife fighting, no need to target anything at 6 km out.
Power plant - armoured/monstered should give you enough power. For me, overcharged is a last resort.
Agree on the shields - 5C bi-weaves, or even 4C if you need the large slot for something else.
Disagree again on the point defense - I usually don't have the power to run shield boosters in there, and I don't like SCBs, so I don't need the heat sinks. But once you lose your shields in an NPC fight, one of them is sure to turn up with missiles - and we're back at the fragile canopy.
I'd also put all of that useless junk - SCA, ADC, Limpet Controller, Cargo hatch - in power group 5. You need none of these when you deploy weapons. If you have the power available, you could leave the Cargo Hatch and the Limpet Controller powered up for collecting mats while fighting, but that usually doesn't work for me.

Unless you choose some weapons with a high distributor draw, I'd also go for an engineered 4A distributor. And always go for dirty/drag thrusters. There's a very small niche for clean drives - but not in a combat ship, and in the Vulture, drag beats distributors.

Dude. He just wanted to fly it without having to sink all kinds of engineering into it. Nothing more. That's why I wanted to see his build to see what he actually had fitted.

Ahhhhhhh...here we go:

First off, lose the 3A life support and 4A sensors. Use D rated for that. They're lighter, smaller, and use less power.

I would also run an overcharged power plant, not armored. A few level one clicks will give you a LOT more power.

Lose the 5A shield and go with a Bi-weave.

Lose the point defense turret. It's going to be essentially useless to you.
Okay.
The PP was planned to be overcharged and monstered, but I haven't had the chance to get to Felicity, yet. The armored was what I had in my blueprints and it gave me at least some juice to get going... (Don't ask why the armored was in the BPs, though. Your guess is as good as mine, there...)
According to Coriolis, this with changing to a Bi-weave and dropping the point defense should do the trick to get this ship running smoothly without any annoying warnings.
Planned Vulture Build
All I have to do is find a Bi-weave shield, now... Well, INARA can at least give me an idea where to look. All it needs then is some luck.

Okay.
The PP was planned to be overcharged and monstered, but I haven't had the chance to get to Felicity, yet. The armored was what I had in my blueprints and it gave me at least some juice to get going... (Don't ask why the armored was in the BPs, though. Your guess is as good as mine, there...)
According to Coriolis, this with changing to a Bi-weave and dropping the point defense should do the trick to get this ship running smoothly without any annoying warnings.
Planned Vulture Build
All I have to do is find a Bi-weave shield, now... Well, INARA can at least give me an idea where to look. All it needs then is some luck.
If you're in Deciat or near it, Bi-weaves are all over the place in systems around it like Xinca and Djiwal.

Yet again: He wants to do it with minimal engineering. Why everybody is telling him to engineer everything for PvP and end game content is beyond me. He's a novice in Combat right now. He's not going to be facing grade 3 and up zones for crying out loud.
Sorry, but that is a misconception. As I mentioned before, unlike most of you, I "grew up" with engineering available.

My original post about the Vulture was more or less an eyerolling comment from my CMDR towards Core Dynamics' boasting about their "expertise"... Sort of role playing. Happens to me from time to time...

Still, your comments to this were very helpful for me to get things rolling into the right direction. So thank you for that, once again.

I discounted the Vulture as a viable combat ship for a very long time because it only had two hardpoints, until I tried it. It's great fun to fly. I even managed to kill a player who jumped me in a CG conflict zone and made the FDL that piled on bug out :D They're just so much fun to fly and so manoeuvrable. It's also a perfect example of how unbalancing engineering is, because I don't have to make compromises as I can just overcharge the Power Plant.
(it was a long time ago, I know I should have boosted at the end)
Source: https://youtu.be/a6z5SHTR8Qw

But it also has the second best paintjob in the game for it!
nTHwpB9h.png

(the best paintjob is obviously for the Cobra Mk. III)
MGBhlo6h.png
I think I mighjt rake my old Vulture old now :D

Can't remember how its loadout is configured, let alone engineered. Like you though, I think I disregarded it due to only 2 HP's - and I'm a lousy combat pilot.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I think I mighjt rake my old Vulture old now :D

Can't remember how its loadout is configured, let alone engineered. Like you though, I think I disregarded it due to only 2 HP's - and I'm a lousy combat pilot.
I do love that EDDiscovery can output my ship builds to Coriolis :)

This was how mine was done, a lot of Thermal Spread to keep the heat down, and Thermal Shock on the Burst Laser and Multi-cannon. Just because I liked the idea of cooking people from the inside out.

The only downside to it, is you are restricted by the SCB ammo before you have to go and restock. In the end that's why I swapped to a more Hull Tank Chieftain.

Top Bottom