Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

After a fair amount of dithering on the way, checking out various systems local to the carrier etc, I've finally arrived in Temple. (I was in this region once before in the Asp X before I bought the carrier, but not for long.)

Anyway here's some pointy mountains, which aren't so bad when they have relatively flat areas in amongst them, especially when they contain easy to find salad, such as the Fungoida and Osseus we have here:

View attachment 346397
Cotton candy?

Is the circus in town?

Candied apples? Watch out for yer teeth yep... :geek:

More pumpkins for pie... 🎃

20230223162625_1.jpg

As life tends to repeat itself, there is a certain amount of acceptance, as long as it is a similar mission, but not 100% the same.
Therein lies my personal issue with the current Thargoid war. I’m appreciative of the narrative, I’m appreciative of the way it’s boosted the community and reignited interest, but…

I mean, at this point I’ve done at least a hundred rescue runs, and they’re all the same.
  • Take off from rescue ship in Tarach Tor, and head for target system.
  • Get hyperdicted on final jump into target system.
  • Make it into target system, get interdicted once or twice by scouts.
  • Land, fill up, head back to Tarach Tor.
  • Receive several “mission updates” because pirates are coming.
  • Arrive in Tarach Tor, observe same few comments from NPC pirates, and avoid the couple of interdictions.
  • Land at rescue ship, unload passengers and escape pods.
  • Return to step one.
I see people on Inara who have logged 100 times the amount of rescue missions I’ve done, and I can only think “How?!?!”

CZs are starting to have the same effect. At least there’s a wee bit more variance, and it’s great fun with a wing/friends.

But they really need to start spicing it up. Until then, I think I might return to exobio for a bit.

Therein lies my personal issue with the current Thargoid war. I’m appreciative of the narrative, I’m appreciative of the way it’s boosted the community and reignited interest, but…

I mean, at this point I’ve done at least a hundred rescue runs, and they’re all the same.
  • Arrive in Tarach Tor, observe same few comments from NPC pirates, and avoid the couple of interdictions.
  • Return to step one.
I see people on Inara who have logged 100 times the amount of rescue missions I’ve done, and I can only think “How?!?!”

CZs are starting to have the same effect. At least there’s a wee bit more variance, and it’s great fun with a wing/friends.

But they really need to start spicing it up. Until then, I think I might return to exobio for a bit.
That's the annoying part of it all - interdiction after interdiction after interdiction.

That's what turns me off to it every time. It's not fun. It's not engaging. It's not challenging. It's just freaking annoying as hell.

• Return to step one.

I've been off doing other things since around the beginning of the year...its hard to too a LOT of the same thing over and over. Though, TBF, I tend to switch things up fairly regularly anyway...

Annoying thing I just noticed: Since this last patch, every single time I hit the 2 key to bring up the alerts window it automatically puts me in the chat area so I have to hit enter and then switch windows.

Use to, it didn't do that. You had to click in the chat area and then type.

Is there any way to disable that?
Check in the settings at the end of the ribbon at the top of the social interface (in ship, not sure of that exists on foot but probably does)

Back
Top Bottom