Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

"Ol Painless" is a Fallout 3 BFG, isn't it...... :)

Sort of reminds me of Jayne, and "Vera"... "It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun … This is the best gun made by man. It has extreme sentimental value … I call her Vera."

Fobbing off ED for other games untill we see a PvP rebalance.

As it stands being skilled is being actively punished in the face of prismo bank tank reverski noobery.

It makes for boring gameplay and the gank squads are flexing thier fake muscles too much.

Hopefully biweaves are buffed and prismatics are nerfed then we can watch all the high tier PvPers return and wipe the floor with these cocky morons who rely on HP to survive.

Yeah the post from @Maize in the other thread shows that they have got to a system and can't get a long route plotted away from it. That's why people have suggested them being behind some permit area and offering to plot routes out if given location, jump range etc. So they are not actually complaining just frustrated at their predicament. At least that's how I read it.

Yeah, I'm mostly just frustrated. The primary issue isn't the emptiness or the length but that, as you say, I can't plot any long routes and that makes coping with the other issues harder. I don't mind just plotting a couple of hundred jumps, putting on some tunes and a beverage, and working away at it, but lately I've been unsuccessful at plotting routes more than 2-3 jumps long.

How do I tell if there's a permit area nearby? That's one thing I'm weak on.

I did check how far off the ecliptic I am, and the system I was in was around 600 on the y axis. I've decided to spend some time getting back closer to 0 and see if that improves my quality of life. I'm down to PLIO EURL NE-X C2-0 now, which is around the 1,270 , 528 , -930 area.

Yeah, I'm mostly just frustrated. The primary issue isn't the emptiness or the length but that, as you say, I can't plot any long routes and that makes coping with the other issues harder. I don't mind just plotting a couple of hundred jumps, putting on some tunes and a beverage, and working away at it, but lately I've been unsuccessful at plotting routes more than 2-3 jumps long.

How do I tell if there's a permit area nearby? That's one thing I'm weak on.

I did check how far off the ecliptic I am, and the system I was in was around 600 on the y axis. I've decided to spend some time getting back closer to 0 and see if that improves my quality of life. I'm down to PLIO EURL NE-X C2-0 now, which is around the 1,270 , 528 , -930 area.

I can't tell you if you can filter for permit locked systems, now, but you definitely see them when you mouse-over them (And naturally you can't jump to them)
These sectors of permit locked systems are rare, but if you get in between them, the route plotter has really tough time finding you a suitable route and usually just gives up.
But these areas are usually just a couple hundred LY in diameter so if you choose a direction you CAN jump and plot a couple of jumps yourself, you should get out.

I've never encountered anything like you describe. Sometimes the route fails, so instead of plotting thousand years ahead I just plot a couple hundred up or down instead and then I can continue in my original direction.

Being serious, what I am up to is eyeing a packet of Rennies and wishing I had not been too lazy to make proper scrambled egg and instead had plumped for the horrible American method.

"American Method"??

I saw someone do scrambled egg in a microwave last week, which was a novelty for me. Looked like rubber when it came out, definitely not something I'd try and emulate!

I saw someone do scrambled egg in a microwave last week, which was a novelty for me. Looked like rubber when it came out, definitely not something I'd try and emulate!
I knew a guy, he was a professional chef. He cooked me some scrambled eggs in a microwave once. Took him about 1 minute, and they came out perfect.

I watched him do it, but never mastered the technique myself (I don't eat eggs very often, actually).

But it can be done in a microwave if you know how.

Being serious, what I am up to is eyeing a packet of Rennies and wishing I had not been too lazy to make proper scrambled egg and instead had plumped for the horrible American method.
Have to say I find this slightly disturbing, a way of cooking scrambled egg that can upset the digestion of a Scottish sailor :eek:

Last edited:

Jump further.jpg

Nothing like a bit of gatuitous self publicity​

Top Bottom