Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I have some of those but half of them set the time off by an hour or sometimes two, you could almost imagine they were picking up the signal from another country.

I also have some that have the icon on the display to show that they could do this but actually they can't so they need to be done manually.
The main clocks in my cockpit room are set via internet, therefore are accurate as long as I have connection.

Those clocks work best if they have a window or two in sight. Walls often tend to obscure the signal, rendering the function useless.
Do you live somewhere close to a different timezone? That would be the only explanation for this behaviour I could think of, besides the aforementioned obstruction.

Another milestone passed :geek: ...perhaps it's time to return to the bubble & shoot things again? :unsure:

20240331121759_1.jpg

On another note, I just bought Horizon Forbidden West, I didn't know Sony had ported to PC, been waiting a while for that one.
Yeah I just started it myself. It's been a long wait. The graphics are insane. Runs flawlessly, too.

I'm kind wrapped up in Dragon's Dogma 2 though. I still bought Horizons Forbidden West because it's a must-play for me.

I'm in gamer heaven at the moment, with too much good stuff to play. And I still have stuff here in EDO I want to do.

Yay me. :D

Yeah I just started it myself. It's been a long wait. The graphics are insane. Runs flawlessly, too.

I'm kind wrapped up in Dragon's Dogma 2 though. I still bought Horizons Forbidden West because it's a must-play for me.

I'm in gamer heaven at the moment, with too much good stuff to play. And I still have stuff here in EDO I want to do.

Yay me. :D
Yes, I played a little yesterday, the graphics are most excellent. I really loved Horizon Zero Dawn. 136GB, this game is a monster in size, I had to update my video driver again to get the full experience.

Thank goodness I don't work in the logging industry. I would be a liability after the switch - both directions. I would have to take a month off each time to not endanger others.
It throws me off my sleeping pattern, rendering me almost useless ever since they picked up the idea back in the 1980s...
Wasn't it Germany who implemented it in the early 20th century? I think the railroads came up with the idea here in North America to keep trains on schedule. I take it you don't travel much.

The main clocks in my cockpit room are set via internet, therefore are accurate as long as I have connection.

Those clocks work best if they have a window or two in sight. Walls often tend to obscure the signal, rendering the function useless.
Do you live somewhere close to a different timezone? That would be the only explanation for this behaviour I could think of, besides the aforementioned obstruction.
I Read The Fine Manual for the ones I mentioned which were bought for their multiple temperature displays and they don't have the feature but they were only cheap.

Indeed. I wish they would get rid of this malarchy right now.

Having the change on different dates across the world doesn't make things any better, either.

Thank goodness I don't work in the logging industry. I would be a liability after the switch - both directions. I would have to take a month off each time to not endanger others.
It throws me off my sleeping pattern, rendering me almost useless ever since they picked up the idea back in the 1980s...
It goes back way before the 1980s, I think Ben Franklin suggested it to cut candle and lamp oil usage. Much later they had double summer time when the clock was an hour on from where it is now, that might have been a wartime thing though. Discussions about changing/getting rid in the 70s? focused on the road safety angle of trying to keep the commute home in better light. Now of course I suspect the argument will revert back to the reduction in use of artificial light except now they will focus on reducing energy bills to bring on a a slower rate of climate change.

Wasn't it Germany who implemented it in the early 20th century? I think the railroads came up with the idea here in North America to keep trains on schedule. I take it you don't travel much.
The history of DST is quite a mess. It is right that Germany implemented DST in 1916, in hopes to save some valuable ressources for the war effort, quickly followed by France and Britain. But the Weimar Republic ended this unloved war measure again in 1919, while Britain kept it going between the wars. In 1940, during WWII, DST made a return in german territories, for the same reason as in WWI. After the war, there were experiments with double DST and such, but in 1949, DST was ended once more in both Germanies.
At that time, DST was slowly fading out in Europe. The oil crisis in 1973 started considerations in Europe to revisit DST, but only France would actually implement it in 1976. In an uncoordinated attempt to get the resulting issues with trade and travel solved, many other west european countries followed suit, except West Germany, wich hesitatde because they didnt want to raise the iron curtain by adding a time difference to the mix. When the GDR announced in 1979 for the following year to implement DST, FRG quickly followed suit. Many other european states that had heasitated until then, now jumped onto the bandwagon, with Switzrland being the last joining in 1981. It took until 1996 to get all countries of the EU to harmonize their DST to a common date and time, which starts ever since on the last sunday in March, at 2 AM and ends on the last sunday of October, at 3 AM.

The US first implemented DST first in WWi until its end. WWII saw the States applying a war time, which was like DST, but for the entire year. Outside of these times, DST was regionally or even locally used, which sometimes divided cities into several time zones. It wasn't before 1966 that a federal law determined when DST would start and end. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 changed these times from 2007 on to the times you are familiar to now. Though this still isn't a synchronized effort, as some states (Arizona, Hawaii) don't have DST and the others set their clocks according to the time zone they are in.

Loaded up EDO for the first time since before Christmas, due to a combination of RL stuff and another game which coincidentally is set in space. It didn't take me long to realise that I had forgotten most of the controls.
Retracting the landing gear was the first, followed shortly after by forgetting how to activate the cutter for the panels I was supposed to be accessing. I was so distracted by my inability to do this that I did not realise that a drop ship full of scavs had appeared to pay me a visit. Luckily I was able to retreat to my SRV and retreat to a distance, where I was able to work out how I was supposed to shoot them.
I'm going to need some more practice before jumping back into those high CZ.

It's been a while since I've been outside the Bubble for some exploring...
This time, I started at Suhte and went upwards. So far, I have had a few first footfalls FirstFoot1.jpgFirstFoot2.jpg, seasoned with a quite rough Codger's Rock...
Codger's Rough Rock.jpg

... and some plants.
Osseus Spiralis Squared.jpg

In my latest session of this trip, the Star Moth tried to land on the back of my SRV, completely ignoring the size difference. Good thing I tend to check where my ship is on recall...
Recall1.jpg

In this second shot, you can see my tracks to the left where I had stopped to recall the ship.Recall2.jpg

Top Bottom