Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Sometimes, in a ground CZ, an enemy ship is destroyed, seemingly by my team (or possibly ground cannons or maybe ships) - although I've never actively sought to achieve this myself.

I've looked at my history log on EDDiscovery and nothing stands out there as giving reward, but has anyone noticed that, if a ship get destroyed, if this affects the "score" bar?

EDIT: Actually, I might hang this in the Ody discussion forum as well...

An ELW on the road home is most welcome... :]

20240331182456_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20240331181946_1.jpg
    20240331181946_1.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240331182216_1.jpg
    20240331182216_1.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240331182427_1.jpg
    20240331182427_1.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240331183049_1.jpg
    20240331183049_1.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240331183057_1.jpg
    20240331183057_1.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 11
Wow, an SR-71 in between biplanes. Hawk among Sparrows doesn't really do this justice, but as there is nothing that could even dream of adequately dscribe this, it'll do.
You used to be able to get a model kit of an armed version of the SR71, possibly the YF12K, which I don’t think actually got built for real.

I don’t remember what the plane was supposed to be in the story but it was armed with missiles which wouldn’t lock up the planes of WW1, but a supersonic close pass worked. The pilot had some difficulty explaining things like wanting lamp fuel to put in his tanks and that cutting holes in it to mount machine guns was a bad idea.

The reason I read the story was seeing that image.

Which won’t be helped by the fact that those lights on the inside of stations are nowhere near as prominent as they used to be.
To me, all those lights are bright white. The green ones are supposedly flashing, if I remember that correctly. At least on the outside.
AFAIK, all the stations are asymmetric at the slot side, so one could determine what side to use, even without the red and green indicators.
I didn't notice anything particularly asymetric about the stations.

You used to be able to get a model kit of an armed version of the SR71, possibly the YF12K, which I don’t think actually got built for real.
There were 3 YF12 interceptors built. A plan to get several more built was cancelled by McNamara, as his staff didn't see any need for a mach 3 interceptor.
Two changes set them apart from the Oxcart: an altered nose to accomodate a different radar system and the camera bays were converted to rocket bays.
I don’t remember what the plane was supposed to be in the story but it was armed with missiles which wouldn’t lock up the planes of WW1,
I don't know about the RCS of those biplanes. Might be enough for a powerful radar station, but the way weake rocket-based radar might struggle seeing them.
but a supersonic close pass worked.
I'm pretty sure the biplanes would be obliterated.
The pilot had some difficulty explaining things like wanting lamp fuel to put in his tanks and that cutting holes in it to mount machine guns was a bad idea.
Understandable.
The reason I read the story was seeing that image.
The cover definitely did its job well...

I should have said when you leave the station, as I don't think it's possible to see coming in. AFAIK, there's always a round protrusion near to the slot which you want to keep below you and on the right side as you leave, at least if you want to be on the green side.
Therein lies the rub, we drive on the opposite side over here so the correct way of entering and exiting would seem opposite to us North Americans, I'm not sure about mainland Europeans, I assume you're used to switch hitting.

Top Bottom