Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I should have said when you leave the station, as I don't think it's possible to see coming in. AFAIK, there's always a round protrusion near to the slot which you want to keep below you and on the right side as you leave, at least if you want to be on the green side.
I think I know what you mean, but I can't verify that right now, as I'm somewhere about 1000 ly above Suhte, heading further out.

Therein lies the rub, we drive on the opposite side over here so the correct way of entering and exiting would seem opposite to us North Americans, I'm not sure about mainland Europeans, I assume you're used to switch hitting.
As far as I know, it is mostly Commonwealth states or otherwise influenced by british culture countries that drive on the left side.
Continental Europe seems to be more under the influence of the french way, regarding the side we drive on.

As far as I know, it is mostly Commonwealth states or otherwise influenced by british culture countries that drive on the left side.
Continental Europe seems to be more under the influence of the french way, regarding the side we drive on.

As a former Commonwealth nation we drive on the LHS and vehicles typically have driver seat on the RHS - which helps explain why my SRV driving is less hazardous more regulation-aware than anything I do in Cyberpunk’77, where I seem to be forever heading into oncoming traffic… ;]

Therein lies the rub, we drive on the opposite side over here so the correct way of entering and exiting would seem opposite to us North Americans, I'm not sure about mainland Europeans, I assume you're used to switch hitting.
Ironically leaving the slot on the green side with your starboard (green) light on that side* puts you on the right hand side of the slot, I thought it was a maritime convention.
Mainland Europeans all drive on the same side of the road since Sweden switched one weekend back in the 60s?

*This puts that circular structure that was mentioned earlier below your ship as you leave on that side.

Last edited:
As a former Commonwealth nation we drive on the LHS and vehicles typically have driver seat on the RHS - which helps explain why my SRV driving is less hazardous more regulation-aware than anything I do in Cyberpunk’77, where I seem to be forever heading into oncoming traffic… ;]
Although I have been driving my entire life sitting on the LHS, driving on the RHS, I didn't find it particularly hard to drive around in FH4, although the map depicts Edinburgh and its "surroundings". Okay, on some days, when my brain was running low on fuel, I might have strayed into the wrong lane. But usually not for long.

Ironically leaving the slot on the green side with your starboard (green) light on that side* puts you on the right hand side of the slot, I thought it was a maritime convention.
Mainland Europeans all drive on the same side of the road since Sweden switched one weekend back in the 60s?

This puts that circular structure that was mentioned earlier below your ship as you leave on that side.
I just checked my footage from Angel Station and now understand what we're talking about.
Mailslot.jpg

The orientation of the T9 parked in front of the slot shows that this circular structure seems to have to be on the bottom right if you want to leave the station correctly.
If it is on the top, you still should head for the (left from your point of view) side it is on. I never really noticed that structure until now.
From te outside, you can tell either by the orientation of banners shown or by the lights on the side rails of the toast rack, where the ones flashing are the green ones, if I remember correctly.

Exploration was the thing I loved best when I first started, even if one had to fly to each planet to fully scan it. The introduction of the FSS was a godsend :D

I used to really hate combat. I'm not a fan of ship-to-ship even now but I can get by if I must. For someone with such a pacifist approach, this ground combat really makes me a hypocrite! 🙃

Exploration was the thing I loved best when I first started, even if one had to fly to each planet to fully scan it. The introduction of the FSS was a godsend :D

I used to really hate combat. I'm not a fan of ship-to-ship even now but I can get by if I must. For someone with such a pacifist approach, this ground combat really makes me a hypocrite! 🙃
I think you've earned the right to be a hypocrite. I don't like high-waking 350,000Ls to map an Ammonia World or Water World, thank god I didn't dump my SCA, I set it, go get a cup of coffee, check the mail, let the critters out..........

I think you've earned the right to be a hypocrite. I don't like high-waking 350,000Ls to map an Ammonia World or Water World, thank god I didn't dump my SCA, I set it, go get a cup of coffee, check the mail, let the critters out..........
In this case, I usually check if there's something interesting on the way there and then move hand over hand from one planet to the next.

Y'know, these NPC's in CZ's are pretty cool:
  • They can lob a grenade through a staircase to land with pinpoint accuracy at your feet *.
  • Enforcers can squad up with other Enforcers so that that they fire rockets at you within one nanosecond of each other - which can cause one to have A Very Bad Day.
  • Sharpshooters seem to have extremely rapid-fire Executioner's. This makes you become a grandmaster at rapid lateral movement: crab-style Kung Fu, if you prefer.
Still, I suppose, without these levelling factors, CZs could become a little too easy,

* But it's impossible to return the favour.

Top Bottom