Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Well, it doesn't affect me directly, but I'm generally against selling anything other than cosmetics for real-world cash. It's a slippery slope, and apparently Elite is headed down it.

Ah well. You can't take my memories of the joy I had building up my fleet away from me. Actually I kinda want to start a new CMDR again. Hmm.

They can hold at this slope indefinitely if they wish so, in my opinion. And i like their modest approach. Two shown ships seem not perfect at all, they ask for modifications, and rather loudly, adding on top of that the layer of should i change 0 cr B drives for A at the cost of them being not 0 cr anymore but improving speed a little while i'm not exactly rich yet? And still, they're ok for their task.

Then an Asp Scout fitted for exploraion, g5'd FSD, g3'd Drag Thrusters to make it faster a little, 4G Hangar as new player will lose an SRV, here you have an extra. 40+ ly. Capable explorer and again not perfect at all. Then they buy, say, Krait and realize how comfortably Asp turned in supercruise actually. Then they're being torn between the two.

Or a Planetary Ops Viper 4 with g3'd shield and again two SRVs to be able to afford wasting one while you steal another power regulator, with Advanced missile racks to shoot scavs and smth exotic and still underused, say AX missile racks - they work on scavs too and have juicy green explosions (and lack ammo, but for ammo you have advanced ones). I likely went far and they'll probably offer more usual builds, but set up in the same manner and asking for tweaking and upgrades (and even sometimes having smth to trade off while upgraded).

With things like that being sold, i guess, it's totally fine. In fact it makes me thinking about how it would be, to get into a game, look at the couple of these ships being sold and chose your way. Like you deciding, ok, let's start as a miner and mine the way to something significant, like a Python. Everyone started the same way before, but if i'd be starting today, i'd spend a bit looking at ships. I'd still go with a Sidewinder to climb the whole way, but someone may not, and i don't find they miss a lot, likely the only real thing they would miss with current ship obtainability progress is a general where am i feeling that vanishes anyway after a week or two of playing. I liked it, but some may not - so here's the tool. Also that where am i feeling will be returning at some points later, e. g. when they find that Pharmaceutical Isolators aren't rare per se - that's high pop Outbreak systems that are Independent are not so common, but if they happen to find one, those are not rare there at all.

Cosmetics ofc are a natural way, and surely yet unkitted ships, stuff for carriers and hopefully some more care for handheld weapons (i still use default looking Karmas, i find them better than ARX'd ones) are in the works, but i bet those guys from Financial Dept have this all counted already, concluded that it's not going to be enough, and there're bills to be paid and cats to be fed. And you don't bring subs somewhere where there never been any subs, it's just too adventurous move for a business nowadays. Also the question of free ARX flow - isn't fast, but 20k per year is 20k per year. Then remains this. So let them be, ships, early accesses, cosmically overpriced accessories with ARX dump stick on their bottoms. Could sound bit easy on the question, but i've read through parts of heated debate and it sounded kind of too heated for me.

Bought a cheap Eagle as a local transportation so I can visit stores settlements without risking my old rig. Never tried this small ship before, she is really fun to move around, but I have to say this particular cockpit gives your selfies a bit of a "Sith Lord admonishing their subordinates" drama!
View attachment 390897

View attachment 390899
I bought one in Cubeo but I haven't got around to modifying it this time. Not yet anyway. The Imperial Eagle with the spoiler and wing tip pods are more sexier, I think.

Well, it doesn't affect me directly, but I'm generally against selling anything other than cosmetics for real-world cash. It's a slippery slope, and apparently Elite is headed down it.

Ah well. You can't take my memories of the joy I had building up my fleet away from me. Actually I kinda want to start a new CMDR again. Hmm.
You've got to delete your original account first though, otherwise your new CMDR will always feel like a smurf.

Hey, it was an accident! I was on top of that roof, cleaning the trigger of my Executioner and then...
OMNIP.jpg

Thanks. I'll take a look at that. I've been playing with the Krait by taking combat missions but it didn't occur to me to look for mission rewards in my old courier stomping grounds.

Maybe I can actually turn and fight this time. Punks.
You can have fun with it as I did, they would ambush me right after I came out of supercruise at my destination. It happened so much I started ambushing the ambusher (I made a video of one of them), you'll get a message about who's been sent and when your supercruising to your destination, you highlight all the ships in your contacts panel until you find the assassin, then you'll be able to keep a close eye on them.

you highlight all the ships in your contacts panel until you find the assassin
Usually only works if they are in front of you... Or if they feel the need to report back to whomever.
, then you'll be able to keep a close eye on them.
Unless they break sensor contact in some way. Then you have to find them again.

Almost forgot... If you try this without SCA, keep an eye out for your destination, you might blast past it and have to do the loop of shame.

Usually only works if they are in front of you... Or if they feel the need to report back to whomever.

Almost forgot... If you try this without SCA, keep an eye out for your destination, you might blast past it and have to do the loop of shame.
(Random thinking: If the game would keep track on my loops of shame, by now I'd probably be rewarded EliteV for that🤔🤔)

Ahhh the Pixies!

…still bring back fond memories of late nights out in the 90’s - and still played from time to time when the CZ action calls for it ;)

On a Saturday morning it’s this track that inevitably comes to err mind… ^^

Source: https://youtu.be/OJ62RzJkYUo?si=ZBrh77Zs8aRWF7ms

Oooh i found a live version too… :D

Source: https://youtu.be/I_aBmrYChfQ?si=7NxV5JvzWF5WUTwa

I don't know about that, I have done dozens of these missions. If you watch the comms closely, you'll see a message saying "The eagle is in the nest" or "There you are little fishy" or "Target in sight, moving in", that's when you know their around, no need to scan anyone. You can see up to 3 but they'll only attack one at a time. Here's the ambush video, pretty funny, I was paranoid I would hit the station with laser fire, didn't realize it was too far away.

You can have fun with it as I did, they would ambush me right after I came out of supercruise at my destination. It happened so much I started ambushing the ambusher (I made a video of one of them), you'll get a message about who's been sent and when your supercruising to your destination, you highlight all the ships in your contacts panel until you find the assassin, then you'll be able to keep a close eye on them.
Yeah, I sometimes slow down and change direction to help them out with interdiction. That's one good thing about bounty missions. They'll often come to you. Although I've definitely had multiple targets attack me at once if I've mission spammed a system or have someone trailing me due to a threat level. Usually they'll jump into normal space during combat but I've also had someone interdict me immediately after another NPC failed.

I did look for courier missions with modified embedded firmware as a reward but I only dound planetary scan jobs. I've tried this once and found it irritated. My ship ended up being destroyed as the fed gunship got a head start when it was on the surface. That's nearly a 9M rebuy and 8M cart data gone. It also failed my other three scan job missions for some reason. I don't see the logic behind that.

Fortunately I realised I could re-scan a system if I lose data (five water worlds in LTT 700 if anyone's passing) so I got a good chunk of my money back.

I'm currently on a courier mission I found for five mats and I'm blasting on crims I spot on the way. Sweet revenge. It's just a bit further out than I expected but my cart data's probably in the millions so far since I've scanned at least two water worlds.

I don't know about that, I have done dozens of these missions. If you watch the comms closely, you'll see a message saying "The eagle is in the nest" or "There you are little fishy" or "Target in sight, moving in", that's when you know their around, no need to scan anyone. You can see up to 3 but they'll only attack one at a time. Here's the ambush video, pretty funny, I was paranoid I would hit the station with laser fire, didn't realize it was too far away.
I went for two fixed beams below, and one above between two gimbled multi-cannons. The beams overheat so much I may even need experimental cooling upgrades on the cargo modules. 8-o

It's not too bad though. The damage is usually done before the computer lady complains.

Agree 100%. Especially in black :cool:

View attachment 391066
Definitely gives it more of a stealth look along with the sharp angles.

I went for two fixed beams below, and one above between two gimbled multi-cannons. The beams overheat so much I may even need experimental cooling upgrades on the cargo modules. 8-o

It's not too bad though. The damage is usually done before the computer lady complains.

Definitely gives it more of a stealth look along with the sharp angles.
How many heatsinks do you have? You might think about having it engineered for extra capacity especially if you use shield cell banks (a must have in my opinion). I never shoot first, you can get fined or have a bounty placed on you (I've spent many-a-night at Oden's Crag).

Top Bottom