Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Found a ringed ELW.
989859.jpg

Ahh the Zeejoos where we picked a good several batches of electricae (for waffles!).
dUvn70ph.jpg

And Orion's Guest Chamberpot (formerly Zeus' Chamberpot) Nebula lays visible at a convenient distance (for ISM quality).
0OkY4wTh.jpg

Some business along Orion's Arm is eery quiet
C93i1f9h.jpg

And some business is bananas
MykUM8yh.jpg

Our closest approach to a great big nerbula now - and we're continuing under it now, along Orion's arm with growing impatience. And just might take the highway when returning to Colonia. But Penny is now more than halfway home, ..although still maybe less than half welcome back, to SOME.
lgArLI6h.jpg

Well if ya like it then you SHOULD put a ring on it, right?

Ahh the Zeejoos where we picked a good several batches of electricae (for waffles!).
dUvn70ph.jpg

And Orion's Guest Chamberpot (formerly Zeus' Chamberpot) Nebula lays visible at a convenient distance (for ISM quality).
0OkY4wTh.jpg

Some business along Orion's Arm is eery quiet
C93i1f9h.jpg

And some business is bananas
MykUM8yh.jpg

Our closest approach to a great big nerbula now - and we're continuing under it now, along Orion's arm with growing impatience. And just might take the highway when returning to Colonia. But Penny is now more than halfway home, ..although still maybe less than half welcome back, to SOME.
lgArLI6h.jpg

Well if ya like it then you SHOULD put a ring on it, right?
Ah yes, that ring is a trade in from the ex.

Just out of curiosity...

What are you guys "working" on at present?

I've just hauled my sorry behind to
Seos (yay, I got learned in scooping) so I can hop back and forth to
Sothis for Sirius Corp faction.

I'm just interested so it gives me ideas for future ventures.

O7

(although I now prefet "The Rimmer" - @@@O7 - brilliant :D )
I am traveling for gathering exploration data to sell and level up Imperium Rank; the objective: buy Imperial Cutter
Then, I will take my Federal Corvette to do some combat missions.

I wrapped up some business and affairs back in the bubble. And viewed a little bit of the thargoid war waste. THE WAR THAT KILT MY GRANDPA RUPEE!!

I left via a look at Chamaeleon Nebula and headed up to rupee's old space mollusks site in Smojai. And still couldn't find any more. He swore there was some more though. But, I guess he swore a lot especially when pilot error

Now on to the Lagoon Nebula, cross the old colonia highway at eagle nebula, and connect to the new bridge stations at vladirmir macdougals (CB-26). A sentimental old spot that rupee located as the magical nearest place for repairs on eddb during an early trips into norma's expanse

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, a quote from the old feller "Norma's ex-pants? I don't remember crossing Norma's pants!"

If passengers will kindly take alert out the port windows, our current vector may take us into some massive super hot lethal yellow star stuff.
..Peanuts are available!

fp8Y8Nq.jpg

My surface mapper said there's fungi down there, it must be hiding.
View attachment 391821

COWARDS!

updated plan RAZE THE SURFACE! THEN DEPLOY ROCKFORTH FERTILIZER NO. 6!

Last edited:
With a ship like that if you can tip the nose down below 45 degrees then you are probably too high to see them anyway.

But if it was Setisis you were looking for that terrain might be a bit too smooth.
It's not that, it's the aggravation of Frontier picking one species and making it impossible to locate. Besides, the last time I did a 45° dip with the nose in the mountains, it cost me two hull repair limpets and some embarrassment. :oops: Anyway, I did manage to find it's planetary companions.

Osseus Pumice.
989861.jpg

Tussock Capillum.
989862.jpg

I almost landed on this little (edited for content), Bacterium Vesicula.
989863.jpg

Last edited:
But if it was Setisis you were looking for that terrain might be a bit too smooth.
I don't know which fungoid @0threeleven was looking for, but looking at the distribution map of the one I'm looking for (all mountains and ridges), I feel like I still have to find the right rough spot... On this planet, it felt like the DSS might have recieved a small firmware update - never before have I seen such small sprinkles of blue. Some felt like they weren't even big enough to land my Star Moth in them...

The super wispy Trakaae nebula area at a balmy Y=900LY is a dark area in sparse-ish starfield
eRgOJ7hh.jpg

When it gets excited it can be a little pretty
RMrTWelh.jpg

I just like some wispy nebulae
FEYHZDbh.jpg

Oh, the things they did not teach you at the Pilot Training School. (Like where space mollusks come from).
oCrLLiBh.jpg

And driving donuts under the Omega Nebula
wC8aL2bh.jpg

Bacterium Informem, a slick 8.4 million credits.

Slick and slimy little turdballs

I like to keep an open mind; but bacteria seem very unsophisticated and downright crass. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
The super wispy Trakaae nebula area at a balmy Y=900LY is a dark area in sparse-ish starfield
eRgOJ7hh.jpg

When it gets excited it can be a little pretty
RMrTWelh.jpg

I just like some wispy nebulae
FEYHZDbh.jpg

Oh, the things they did not teach you at the Pilot Training School. (Like where space mollusks come from).
oCrLLiBh.jpg

And driving donuts under the Omega Nebula
wC8aL2bh.jpg

Slick and slimy little turdballs

I like to keep an open mind; but bacteria seem very unsophisticated and downright crass. Am I wrong?
I think they are way more sophisticated than most people think. I mean, just look at the intricate patterns they form. Some of them look like they are mosaics, other resemble labyrinths...

Smoe nice piccies, once again.

Can't remember the last time I had the rebuy screen twice in one day...

First was my second regulation run in the current Buckyball race. I saw the ganker as soon as I dropped out of glide at Dav's Hope and knew that was it. Moments later, it was raining Cobra parts. If they get their kicks from shooting down unarmed ships, so be it. There's a word that rhymes with 'ganker'.... 😉

Second was my own fault for being complacent 😬. Sally had landed to do a restore mission after disposing of scavs and had just started up the power plant when a second lot of scavs dropped in right on top of her ship. Turns out a Dolphin doesn't last very long against point-blank small arms fire, and neither does a G3 Maverick.

Clouds and silver linings, though - the subsequent Buckyball run (done in Solo, oddly enough) was actually better. And Sally picked up a 'grab item X from such-and-such a place' which was the very place she had just been blown up at. Arrived, found it still heaving with scavs, and a reborn Kittenfish furiously poured down fiery explosive death on the wretches. I wouldn't like to be the one who has to clean that settlement up, chunks of charred meat everywhere! And to soften the day's losses (Sally's first ever rebuy), it was positively raining Manufacturing Instructions; acquired ten in one session! Not to mention loads of tungsten carbide.

Do love the fact that even after ten plus years of playing it, ED can still chuck a curveball at you 😎

Last edited:
Urgh. I didn't realise the K-warrant scanner could be used in combat mode. I've put it on my gimbled multi-cannon fire group so I can scan while firing. It saves time and hassle. Though I still need a separate group for lower ranked NPC's otherwise they might be dust before the scan is complete. I'm a cheapskate and it could mean the difference between 50k and 200k.
Can't remember the last time I had the rebuy screen twice in one day...

First was my second regulation run in the current Buckyball race. I saw the ganker as soon as I dropped out of glide at Dav's Hope and knew that was it. Moments later, it was raining Cobra parts. If they get their kicks from shooting down unarmed ships, so be it. There's a word that rhymes with 'ganker'.... 😉

Second was my own fault for being complacent 😬. Sally had landed to do a restore mission after disposing of scavs and had just started up the power plant when a second lot of scavs dropped in right on top of her ship. Turns out a Dolphin doesn't last very long against point-blank small arms fire, and neither does a G3 Maverick.

Clouds and silver linings, though - the subsequent Buckyball run (done in Solo, oddly enough) was actually better. And Sally picked up a 'grab item X from such-and-such a place' which was the very place she had just been blown up at. Arrived, found it still heaving with scavs, and a reborn Kittenfish furiously poured down fiery explosive death on the wretches. I wouldn't like to be the one who has to clean that settlement up, chunks of charred meat everywhere! And to soften the day's losses (Sally's first ever rebuy), it was positively raining Manufacturing Instructions; acquired ten in one session! Not to mention loads of tungsten carbide.

Do love the fact that even after ten plus years of playing it, ED can still chuck a curveball at you 😎
Funny. I've never really expected a ganking at surface level but It is still something I've wondered about while flying or carrying something I really wouldn't like to lose.

Top Bottom